Aliens Bodies Not There When I remove clothing.

by Irobag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Aliens Bodies Not There When I remove clothing.

★★★★ Novice

I know it was something I did in Sims 4 Studio . . . trying to make it so accessories and shoes didn't appear under their space uniforms.  Now when I remove clothing it doesn't show their bodies.  I'm pretty sure it was something I did when I tried a batch fix, wondering now if there is a way to restore it.  CC is still disabled on my alien sims (the button is greyed out) but I can manually make them wear some of it.  How can I restore things?  Taking files from the back up doesn't seem to be working, neither does enabling CC for aliens.

Message 1 of 4 (422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Aliens Bodies Not There When I remove clothing.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Irobag   When you ran that batch command, it permanently changed all the CC involved. If you had a backup, you can restore those files and it should be OK.

If you restored from backup and it doesn't look right, try removing your cache files from the game. That should reset things.

However, if you removed the actual CC and then saved the game with the CC gone, then you might have a bigger problem. You will have to manually re-outfit ALL your sims... one... by... one... New sims should auto-generate with the CC outfits that are tagged with "Allow for Random", but existing sims won't re-outfit once you've saved with the CC gone.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (390 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Irobag   When you ran that batch command, it permanently changed all the CC involved. If you had a backup, you can restore those files and it should be OK.

If you restored from backup and it doesn't look right, try removing your cache files from the game. That should reset things.

However, if you removed the actual CC and then saved the game with the CC gone, then you might have a bigger problem. You will have to manually re-outfit ALL your sims... one... by... one... New sims should auto-generate with the CC outfits that are tagged with "Allow for Random", but existing sims won't re-outfit once you've saved with the CC gone.

Message 2 of 4 (391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I got it situated.  I downloaded a new set of body files and everything is working fine.  I think what I was doing was I was trying to fix it with files that had been batched so the problem was still there.  It sounds like as a safety precaution, when you have major problems and have moved a lot of content around, starting a new game isn't a bad idea.

Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Irobag That basically amounts to the same thing. Custom body files are CC also. Removing them from Aliens using the batch command and then saving the game would have removed all their body files. I'm not sure why re-installing the files worked, but I'm not one to complain if the result is what we want... Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (342 Views)