Alexander aged up, when I wasn't playing him, with non-played aging turned off.

by KatastrophicSim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Alexander aged up, when I wasn't playing him, with non-played aging turned off.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CD, GTW, PH, V, OR, TLSP, LDSP, VGSP, BYSP, MHSP, PPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a family with Alexander as a friend until it's his birthday. Ignore him. Play the Goth family for a second. Save and exit to menu. Continue playing original family. When you look in your friends list he'll automatically be a teenager.
What happens when the bug occurs? Alexander ages up when he's not supposed to.
What do you expect to see? I expected him to be the same child I left off as. He didn't age up on the lot while I was there, the save game picture even has him as a child.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Why did this happen?
Can I reverse it?

Did he age up because I spent two seconds there (making the characters more accurate in the mirror) therefore listing the house as a "played family", therefore aging him up when I'm not even playing them?
Cause if that's the case, and it's not a bug, thats terrible game design.

Message 1 of 10 (1,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Alexander aged up, when I wasn't playing him, with non-played aging turned o

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim 

You just need to change the setting to only active household aging  (see pictures)

Basically what you did when you switched to him, then you made the household played and played Sims age in your game so after a while, he aged up

OR

after changing to a family make sure you mark them as unplayed again in the household manager by clicking on the plumbob picture (see second pic)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,071 Views)

All Replies

Re: Alexander aged up, when I wasn't playing him, with non-played aging turned o

Hero
@KatastrophicSim Do you have a save before he aged up to test without mods installed ?

Sims that don't age usually don't have birthdays as they're age bar doesn't go up. Could you explain the birthday part a bit more ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,259 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I think I do, the save is after I tampered with them and like I said, the picture from the save shows him as a kid. I also don't have any mods that would conflict with birthdays or aging.

When my sim was a kid and becoming friends with lil Alex, I just got a text / call from him saying "Hey, wanna come to my birthday party?" I ignored him, and he stayed a kid throughout the playthrough, until I edited their house, and came to my house just now.

I assume getting a birthday call should be the only way to age up a non played sim with aging turned off.
I have aged a child sim from another house like this before in the previous generation, if you want the save you can look around and in the....delgato house?(i think) the kid is a teen, complete with randomised townie fashion.
Message 3 of 10 (1,228 Views)

Hero
@KatastrophicSim I'm guessing switching to that household on the same day did it.

If you have a save before it happened, could you test if you not switch to them on that day but on a day where the birthday invitation isn't active to see if they still age ?

I find it a bit odd that you get a birthday call with aging turned off tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,221 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I don't have any saved before it happened, or before the birthday invitations. The invitations were literally from when my sim was a child, he is an adult now, expecting his own child, and the one for delgato was from when my current adult sim's dad was a child.

The only saves I have are from when I saved an exited the goth house after altering them, and when I was in my own family's house after that. I played several days with them too before even thinking to check the relationships tab, cause why would I, yaknow?

(The switch was also done via saving an exiting then loading into the other family, not clicking on their house, to clarify)
Message 5 of 10 (1,186 Views)

Hero
@KatastrophicSim At what point did you go to the lot to edit him ? On the day of the birthday event or before that ?

Could you maybe add a picture of your aging settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,131 Views)

★ Guide

Noooo, it was way way way WAY after the birthday when I went to edit the lot. It was noone's birthday while I was there. I did not go to the event.

If the event happened, it did it off screen, way way WAY after it said it would happen.

Message 7 of 10 (1,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim I think the problem is that the family became played. You have aging on for all played SIms. That means all your Sims that you have played, age.

You can either set that to active family only (then inactives never age, no matter if you play them at some point) or make sure to remove the played flag from the family.

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue at first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,096 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict So I can't control their aging????? The games just terrible? It's not a bug?

Cause when I played him he didn't age, when I left he was still a child.
Message 9 of 10 (1,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim 

You just need to change the setting to only active household aging  (see pictures)

Basically what you did when you switched to him, then you made the household played and played Sims age in your game so after a while, he aged up

OR

after changing to a family make sure you mark them as unplayed again in the household manager by clicking on the plumbob picture (see second pic)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,072 Views)