Re: Aging down a SIM

by PugLove888

Original Post

Aging down a SIM

★★★ Newbie

I go by Lilith131367 and am from Ohio,  I have a question: one of my SIMS accidentally blew the birthday cake candles and aged up to young adult, thereby skipping his teens and I want to age him back down to teen. I have tried the testingcheats true cas.fulleditmode shift and click on SIM click on CAS and make him younger but it says that pre-existing SIMS cannot be modified. How do I age him to teenager?

Message 1 of 12 (6,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lilith131367 , if you haven't saved the game yet after your Sim aged up, then you can just quit the game without saving and start your game again.Standard smile
  However, if you have saved that game file after your Sim accidentally aged up, that is a bit trickier.  The best way would be if you had an additional older save file of the same household (though you would loose any gameplay that you have gone through with the most recent save file of that household). I realize that it isn't likely that you would have an older additional save file of the game. 😔  
These are the only ways I know how , since using an age potion would just bring them back to the beginning of their current age, as it can't bring them back to a previous age. DisappointedDevil

It is possible that there is a mod that will allow age reversal, but I don't play with mods since they require maintenance to keep them working, and I'm too lazy to do that! Large smile

Best of luck, and feel free to update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 12 (6,420 Views)

Champion

@Lilith131367 Hi! May I suggest you try the cas.fulleditmode cheat again? I just tried it in my test save and I was able to change a young adult sim to teen. I wonder if it's possible you had a typo in your cheat the first time.  That has happened to me on occasion.  When you use that full edit mode cheat, you should be able to change everything about your sim, except for certain age restricted relationships; i.e. you can't set a parent relationship with a sim of the same age.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 12 (6,394 Views)

Champion

@JonaO703 , I hope this works for @Lilith131367 ! Fingers crossed I nver wanted to change the age category of any of my Sims, so I never tried it, therefore I just figured that @Lilith131367 typed the cheat correctly. Wink Thanks for bringing that possibility up!   

Message 4 of 12 (6,372 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JonaO703 I second this, worked for me too.
Message 5 of 12 (6,354 Views)

Champion

@PugLove888  and @Lilith131367 There is also still the option to restore a saved file.

When you choose to load a save, you will find at the bottom of that load save menu an icon that resembles an old floppydisk. Click that and an new menu will appear. Here you will be able tot choose from an automatically saved file of the game that you were playing. Most of the times it will keep 5 saves from various dates. Of course you should do this almost immediately after you notice your mistake, when you already saved the game. In your case you should check the date just before you the date you altered the age of the child and skipped a stage in the life of your Sim. I am aware that this information might come to late already because you posted this topic on Friday and it is now Sunday. Nevertheless you could just check if you can find a save befor Friday that you might restore.

When you are not afraid to use modifications you could also try MCCC and to undo the ageing. 

Have fun playing. 😉

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 12 (6,342 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Trismagistos MCCC was always my preferred method. It's just so EASY!
Message 7 of 12 (6,314 Views)

Champion
@Psychotps I agree! But not everyone feels okay using mods, so I tried to explain the more laborious option doing it without. 😉

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 8 of 12 (6,308 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos , I never tired "restore a saved file"for something like this, but that is a great idea! 😀  And like you said, many people, myself included, don't want to play with Mods, so MCCC isn't an option for us. Same goes with console players, who can't use Mods.  I don't know if the restore function is the same for them or not, or if they have something like that, though.Wondering  But I do know that it is impossible for them to fix this with any Mod. Devil

Message 9 of 12 (6,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I exactly do that cheat on my sims game? I know control+shift+c but how do I make the other parts work?

Message 10 of 12 (6,247 Views)