Re: After opening Notebook, How do you access it and add things to the notebook?

by PugLove888

Original Post

After opening Notebook, How do you access it and add things to the notebook?

★★★ Newbie

IN REGARDS TO THE SIMS4 NOTEBOOK;

After opening the Notebook, How exactly do you gain access to it?

So I can add things myself to the Notebook. 

Or at the least, How can I get my sim to access it & add to it?

Message 1 of 6 (36,442 Views)

Re: After opening Notebook, How do you access it and add things to the notebook?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jdurazzo426, do you mean the notebook were fishing information, gardening information, and inventing information are kept in?  If that is the case, it is found on your Sims' phones.  Just click on the phone icon next to the active Sims picture as if you were going to call someone.   Then, you will notice 3 little circles at the top.  One looks like a cellphone with a stylus, the next looks like a loudspeaker, and the last looks like rectangles that are fanned out.  Click on the first one (the one on the left) -- that is your Sim's notebook!  

You yourself can't write anything in/on it nor can you direct your Sim to write in it.  Instead, when you Sim has learned or discovered something such as which bait attracts minnows, or which two plants that are spliced together combine to make another type of plant, or what the ingredients are to make a Ghost Goo potion, or what materials you need to make a portal to another planet, all this information will automatically be stored in your notebook for you to access at any time!  There will be different tabs to click on for different categories, so for example, gardening info wont be on the same page as fishing info.

As for the 2 other circles at the top of your Sims cellphones, the middle one that looks like a loudspeaker is to mute/silence your phone (or to turn the sound back on) and the last circle on the right that looks like rectangles that are fanned out is the color swatch selector so you can change the color of your Sim's phone! Standard smile

edited: You can also access your Sim's notebook by the computer, but the screen will be empty if your Sim hasn't discovered anything yet. Wink

Now, if you meant the journal that comes with the Parenting pack, you can purchase a journal in the toys section and either place it in the home or in your Sim's inventory.  You can click on it and a selection of options will pop up to choose from.  This is really handy if your Sim is sad or angry, etc. and helps fix these emotions.  If the Sim is a teen or younger, writing in the journal will also help with emotional control! Heart You can also have your Sim read old entries, or hide the journal! 

I hope this information helps you! Please feel free to tell us if it did, and to hit the "select as solution" button if it is the answer you were looking for so that other people can benefit! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (36,421 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine isn’t showing the icon that you are talking about. Would you know the reason why?4EF74301-11C6-4837-9992-5BF725ED9C93.jpeg

Message 3 of 6 (26,264 Views)

Champion

@Ayanna1235 , yes... the information in this post is from almost 4 years ago!  We recently had an update and now the notebook is separate from the phone!  Standard smile

It is now near your Sim's thumbnail portrait next to their phone.  07-29-21_4-20-55 AM.png

You can see it highlighted above!  There won't be anything in it if you haven't discovered anything yet.  But if you have caught a fish, or talked to another Sim about fishing, or researched a garden plant (not the over-sized ones since those are always in season and can't be spliced) , or made any discoveries in the Scientist career (if you have the Get to Work EP), etc.,  then these things will show up in your notebook! 😉

Message 4 of 6 (26,251 Views)

★★ Novice

ohh haha thank you so much! i thought it was like a whole new thing i never realized. thanks so much <3

Message 5 of 6 (26,159 Views)

Champion

@Ayanna1235 , no problem! Glad I could help! 😊

Message 6 of 6 (26,141 Views)