After Cowplant Drain, Familiar buff will only reapply after dismiss and resummon

by rosemagwin

Original Post

After Cowplant Drain, Familiar buff will only reapply after dismiss and resummon

★★★ Novice

Another possible bug that may not be an actual bug. If a sim with a familiar gets gobbled up by a cowplant, whether it's lethal or not, will naturally drain the "Active Familiar, Confidence+1" buff, even though the familiar is still there. It only reapplies after dismissing then summoning the familiar again. It is worth mentioning that the buff DOES NOT reapply when merely summoning another familiar the sim has on them, only after dismissing it will it reapply.

Message 1 of 2 (422 Views)

Re: After Cowplant Drain, Familiar buff will only reapply after dismiss and resu

Champion (Retired)

@rosemagwin 
Cowplants are a fun part of the game but that drained moodlet is very difficult to overcome. 
Usually it is best to just make your Sim as comfortable as possible until it subsides.
As for the familiar I have found in my experience it is best to dismiss and summon them from time to time.
This appears to be by design especially when Sims are adversely affected by other factors like being eaten by cowplants, bitten by vampires or dazed from being zapped.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 2 (384 Views)