Re: After 300+ hours, here's the massive gaps in Sims 4.

by ViviRia

Original Post

After 300+ hours, here's the massive gaps in Sims 4.

★★★ Novice

EA, listen. The additional packs are really, really fun. The graphics, music, etc are all beautiful. Great work including the Simmers community. Adding the spellcasters?? GENIUS. I'm having a blast except for some very specific but totally unforgettable flaws. 

HOWEVER. Dude. There are really basic human dynamics that are completely neglected in the Sims 4. Like, they're obvious. 

FAMILY

- Let there be extended and complex family dynamics. You don't have to have second cousins, but if a couple is unmarried but committed, and adopts a child, when the other partner adopts as caregiver show them as the other parent! 

- Let Sims get impregnated at the hospital

- Let base game Sims go to the hospital to have their babies

- The babies and toddlers are a mess. Taking the family out to a public lot is a huge CPS risk. The baby is crawling around, hungry and exhausted, all by themselves. They're supposed to retrieve their food from a table above them or accept food from a parent's pocket?? Base game stroller. That is so simple. Solves every single problem. Five years of this game and no strollers! Baby's hungry? Bottle feed in the stroller. Baby's tired? Go to sleep in the stroller. Let the baby out of the stroller when they want, and put them back in so the adults can do what they like while the baby isn't crawling around on grass and cement having a near death experience every 2 game hours. PLEASE. This is such a quick fix. Also multiple strollers for multiple babies! Triplets in one stroller each is stupid. 

RESTAURANTS

- These are incredible. I LOVE creating custom restaurants. One problem though. This pack is buggy as hell. I could get my family's food quickly, or they could sit for 8 hours. Sometimes the chef isn't even there. They don't roll shifts like the bartenders do. The bartenders are an elegant system. The chefs are wild. Waiters are better than the chefs. Please get this one together. All my restaurants have 2+ chef stations and I've still had a record time of 8pm to 4am Sims waiting around with no food. 

BUST THE DUST

- Please incorporate the dust still when I disable dust bunnies. I want to vacuum constantly. I do not want critters. 

LAUNDRY DAY

- There is a bug where I have to have the stacked washing machine in order for the dryer to work. Otherwise the Sims drop the wet clothes on the ground. 

AGES

- Canes for the elderly? Lots of structure from TS3 missing here. Which is fine if this game was younger, but just incorporate some of that structure into this game. You can do that while still having TS4 be its own unique game. 

- Please don't kill my old immortals when I visit a different household. That totally defeats the purpose of having an immortal sim. Every single time I move a grandkid out it kills an old immortal grandparent. That's messed up. 

CREATE A SIM / PLAN OUTFITS

- Please for the love of God allow us to make a sim stop moving or something. With a spellcaster rolling a glimmering ball around half the time it gets annoying. 

That's all... for now. I'm a sucker for expansion packs so you'll get my wallet, but please return bang for buck. 

Message 1 of 3 (332 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ViviRia Agree with this also if I can add one story progression it's depressing seeing the world's around you slowly becoming empty because Sims don't get married and have kids not everyone can or wants to use mods also a lot of people I know don't play rationally.

Message 2 of 3 (300 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Rachelharris31 Do you know of a mod that makes the other sims have kids? I had a great mod with TS3 but idk if it's the same one for sims 4
Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)