Adding mobility aids and disabled Sims to The Sims Mobile

by FinnKimbrel

Original Post

Adding mobility aids and disabled Sims to The Sims Mobile

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

hello sims community! i've just started playing on the sims mobile, but i've run into an issue - i want to make sims with disabilities (e.g., wheelchair-using sims like me!) but there doesn't seem to be an option for that on mobile (i've gathered that some folks have created mods to add disability features to the sims 4, but i don't currently have access to off-mobile gaming). is there a way to add mobility aids like wheelchairs/canes, walkers, and maybe other features for disabled sims (hearing aids, eyepatches, prosthetics, etc)? i'd like to be able to play as myself and make other sims with disabilities, too!

Message 1 of 7 (961 Views)

Re: adding mobility aids & disabled sims

@FinnKimbrel I agree, I think it would be fantastic to see more diversity in the game. All types of people could/should be represented; aside from including disabilities, we need more shapes and sizes of people, and more skin and hair colors to choose from.
Message 2 of 7 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@FinnKimbrel I totally agree that we should all be able to see ourselves in this game. If they can give our sims zombie makeup they surely can make prosthetics in a similar way.. Maybe a storyline that (respectfully and tactfully) deals with disabilities in both physical or psychological conditions would be nice, too. I really hope they listen to this one and add this layer of diversity to the game.

Message 3 of 7 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

absolutely! aside from my own mobility aids, i'd love to be able to make sims with vitiligo, tattoos and scars, culturally-specific body modifications or makeup, sims with dwarfism, even medical bracelets would be a lovely addition!

in the spirit of pride month, i guess, i'll also add that i'd really like more options for making nonbinary sims - i always feel a little startled at how much larger the eyes can be adjusted for female-assigned sims, and how much more limited the masculine hairstyles are. I'd love to have a bit more room to mix and match gendered physical characteristics in general, but honestly even being able to apply the same hairstyles & at least some of the same clothing to all genders would be, well, game-changing 🤗

Message 4 of 7 (798 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SalixCat you may not have any info on this but I saw that you posted a bunch of walkthroughs for upcoming events yesterday (thanks for sharing those, by the way!) so I was wondering if you know of any upcoming developments on this?

I really enjoyed having the Pride Pack for last month's LGBT+ celebration, and I've been hoping EA is open to other forms of diversity and inclusion. Since July is Disability Pride Month i've been excited at the possibility of some form of accessibility/mobility aid inclusion being released in the next few weeks to celebrate that, the way we celebrated LGBT+ Pride. Do you know if that's in the works?

I don't want to be a pest, but it would mean the world to me even just to get a wheelchair option! I love the Sims so far but the longer I play the more alienated I feel by the lack of opportunity to include people like me.

Message 5 of 7 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@FinnKimbrel You’re right, this would be a great opportunity to be more diverse and inclusive. Perhaps it’s something the devs could look into for next July if they haven’t got something coming out this year.

I do feel that a game that simulates life should be representative of as many different types of people as possible. Yeah, it’ll be hard to make visible disabilities what with new actions etc, but isn’t it worth it to make people feel welcome and included? Personally I would want to be the progressive game that pushes others to be more diverse Standard smile (Surely the entire game staff can’t be purely able bodied who wouldn’t immediately think of wheelchairs, hearing aids or prosthetics?)

(Would totally love a lift as well as stairs one day!)

Message 6 of 7 (670 Views)

Hero
@FinnKimbrel I posted Wumples walkthroughs and a STS guide. These are the last playable events of the Hello Japan update.
I have no information regarding new future functionality or plans for the game, sorry.
However, I will pass on your suggestion to the team.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 7 (644 Views)