Adding height to The Sims 4 or maybe it will be a Sims 5 edition

by SimmeringPassion

Original Post

Re: Adding height to The Sims 4 or maybe it will be a Sims 5 edition

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RandomBuzziness That's very interesting!  perhaps it wouldn't be as difficult at I had figured.  I'm not sure how mods work but apparently they work well with the core coding otherwise they wouldn't work at all so maybe there is a hope for a height differential after all!!!!  Thanks for sharing this!  I hate to be wrong but when I am, it's always good when it's for the right reasons.  Large smile

Edit:  Unfortunately, I'm on console so mods aren't an option for me or I'd definitely check it out!  I hope that they can implement it or use it at least as a starting point in their own version.

Message 41 of 80 (517 Views)

★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion ,

You're so welcome! I really am happy I made you laugh. Thank you for making me laugh, too and for all your kind comments! This topic and chatting or sharing ideas and jokes with you has been so much fun. As I said before too, hopefully it'll make the creators laugh if not anything else. Large smile You know it's a serious topic when Yamachan and sentiments are involved ha ha.

Message 42 of 80 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PenguinFoop and @RandomBuzziness ,

Thank you for the information you shared on this topic. It was very helpful! I didn't realize there's a chance that it would be that complicated to make a height slider that works 100%. We'll definitely keep hoping for it though because that MOD makes it seem more possible. Thumbs up

Message 43 of 80 (500 Views)

★ Guide

@000Unavailable wrote:

@PenguinFoop and @RandomBuzziness ,

Thank you for the information you shared on this topic. It was very helpful! I didn't realize there's a chance that it would be that complicated to make a height slider that works 100%. We'll definitely keep hoping for it though because that MOD makes it seem more possible. Thumbs up

Yeah no problem and as I stated I am by no means an expert.  And the Mod does seem very appealing so it does look possible.  Maybe they will implement it!!!  If so, I'll be so happy!

Message 44 of 80 (482 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PenguinFoop I don't think you were wrong at all in your earlier post. You were simply pointing out that the coding would be very complicated and I am sure you are very much correct in this. I think we possibly just underestimated how much of that complex coding has already been put in the game.

As for mods for Sims 4 on consoles I think it's still a possibility at some point in the future. Mods are available for games like Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 on XBox One and PS4 so it seems like it would technically be doable. All of the mods I am using for Skyrim on my XBox One were originally PC mods that were ported for use on consoles. A big difference is that those games are in their final versions and no are longer having any new content being added (and no more patch updates), whereas Sims 4 will still be getting new content for at least the near future. The biggest headache for me as a mod user (and I'm sure even doubly more so for mod creators) is constantly having to update mods for new Sims 4 content and new game patches. I'm not complaining here, it's my choice to use mods and my responsibility to keep them updated. I'm just saying this part makes it all much more complicated. Perhaps after EA is finished with Sims 4 and has moved on to something new (i.e. Sims 5?) then we could see mods become available for console players, and if so they will very possibly be console versions of mods that already exist for PC players.

I don't work for EA and I don't have any inside information on any of this so yeah I'm just completely guessing on everything here :D

Message 45 of 80 (473 Views)

★ Guide

I must say, I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe it really is almost time for The Sims 5. It just kind of seems that way, but I could be wrong.

Message 46 of 80 (463 Views)

@PenguinFoop Isolation is the new going out in my eyes and the that was before Covid-19 haha 😂😏🤣😁😃😆
Message 47 of 80 (452 Views)

@RandomBuzziness I appreciate this post of your showing your gameplay and in a way kind of nostalgic (Hopefully spelt that right because my auto correct seems to not want to tell me lol 😆) It reminds me of the sims 2 times with the height difference and sims 3 OMG I miss it so much!

That was so informative and I definitely appreciate a grilled cheese sandwich 🥪 I could eat it forever, I also loved the story telling and good thing Mortimer washed his hands especially with everything going on now 🤪
Message 48 of 80 (450 Views)

@000Unavailable It still cracks me up! Yamachan! Oh my I just have it in my head now where you hear sims going “oooooh!” While staring and some kids waving and him waving back!

I definitely have had so much fun talking and joking around, also it’s an outlet for my thoughts about the sims an where else better to put it! On the forums for everyone else to express their creativity too! I too loved your comments every one of them! (because smiles every time! 🤪😁😏)
Message 49 of 80 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]

@000Unavailable@RandomBuzziness

I know sims 4 has been out for years but I still love it so so much! I want the sims 5 but i still haven’t played all the packs yet! Haha 😆

I feel like with the sims 5 it might revolve more about the players experience with mods and maybe visiting other players worlds and house in real time, it’s just a thought but a possible one in my head, I see it becoming a more mod compatible game which would be great because then it would allow players to have what they want a bit more that would appease everyone that little bit more!

Message to all!

I love what this chat have became! It’s magical how we have grown as a topic now!

Message 50 of 80 (440 Views)