Re: Adding height to The Sims 4 or maybe it will be a Sims 5 edition

by 000Unavailable

Original Post

★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion wrote:
@000Unavailable@RandomBuzziness

I know sims 4 has been out in years but I still love it so so much! I want the sims 5 but i still haven’t played l the packs yet! Haha 😆

I feel like with the sims 5 it might revolve more about the players experience with mods and maybe visiting other players worlds and house in real time, it’s just a thought but a possible one in my head, I see it becoming a more mod compatible game which would be great because then it would allow players to have what they want a bit more that would appease everyone that little bit more!

Message to all!

I love what this chat have became! It’s magical how we have grown as a topic now!

I agree!  When I first bought TS4 I tried it, hated it and swore never to play it.  So months later, I gave it another try and in so many ways I suddenly love it!  There are of course things I miss about TS3 but all in all and overwhelmingly, I love TS4 and actually am dreading the idea of having to adjust to a new game.  

Of course that doesn't mean TS4 is perfect but the beauty of TS4 is that it's so customizable.  AND the only game in my 50 years that I've actually ever bought an expansion for.  So yeah, not really feeling that it's time to move on to TS5 yet.  In fact, I'll probably not play 5 when it first comes out.  I love and support the teams that give us TS but just not even the slightest bit ready to move on from TS4.

OH!  Unless TS5 gives us height sliders!!!!  Then I might buy it before any of you!  

One thing I hope you're wrong about though is TS5 being Modcentric.  If that happens, it divides us all from each other again.  As a strictly console player, mods for Sims has always eluded my grasp so if that trend continues and TS5 does become more Modcentric, then consolers would once more not be able to share or download from pc users.  So the community that TS4 has finally brought completely together would once more be splintered.  

Message 51 of 80 (576 Views)

@PenguinFoop @000Unavailable 

I remember when TS4 came out I had a hard time adjusting with the new graphics of it and mown i cant see the sims without the graphics it has now! I want to experience all TS4 has to offer and I love I it! 

Idk where TS5 will head but any thoughts a good thought!

Message 52 of 80 (561 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It just makes me really sad...or upset, I don't know, frustrated maybe? That the entire reason for the sims 4 having teens the same height as adults was that it was easier, saved money, and was less time to do since they didn't have to animate interactions with the different height. Teens are and should be a unique life state with their own CAS assets, different clothes from adults at least, young adults and teens I agree with having similar styles, but think about a 16 year old wearing the same thing as a 50 year old, that's how I see my teens and adults.

This was just a cheap, fast way for the sims team to please EA, which is upsetting, just like with leaving toddlers out for a while. I want unique teens again, with their own styles, own animations, and not the same height. They are a different life state, they should be treated like one, just like children, toddlers, and babies.

A height slider to me, with no knowledge of how to code something like that, seems to be rather tricky, but maybe if they gave us a handful of different preset heights to use, that would be simpler? Like even if we were just given "short, average, tall" as height presets for each age. Could be an interesting idea, but I do see people complaining about not proper representation with those types of presets.

Message 53 of 80 (559 Views)

★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion ,

Aww gee...thanks a whole bunch! Your posts had the same affect, believe me! Large smile

I know what you mean, because I can't stop thinking about him being 10 feet tall either! All of the sudden the world starts shaking in TS4. One of the Sims asks (in Simlish, of course), "Is there an earthquake???" Another Sim looks out the door and says, "No, that's just Yamachan. Hey, Yamachan!" That would probably be one of the biggest events in the history of The Sims lol.

This kind of has absolutely nothing to do with the height slider, but your name reminded me of how funny it is when Sims are really good at playing the piano and they can jazz up the place. First off, just watching that specific Sim playing the piano and listening to the song that's being played during that time is so funny, but then the funniest part to me is how the rest of the Sims act when the place is being jazzed up. They'll stand there and nod and occasionally react in some other kind of way lol! It's kind of like when a Sim is horrible at playing the violin, but they'll still gather around the person, listen, and give them a tip as if they're putting on such an amazing show! These Sims sure get bored an awful lot and love being entertained, don't they? I guess it was always COVID-19 in their world lol. A Sim goes over another Sim's house or they invite another Sim over and after a little while they go straight to the TV or computer ha ha.

Message 54 of 80 (546 Views)

★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion and @PenguinFoop ,

Yes, the graphics are so amazing in this game! I love how there's so much detail around every lot and it's not just empty land. Even if there are just a bunch of trees and lakes, it still makes it look so detailed. Even if it's not an open world where they can just go to one lot and another, it's still neat that you can see other Sims and pets walking around. Sometimes I want to go back to TS3 to give it more of a chance because I didn't play very much with that one, but comparing the way it looks to TS4 makes it very difficult for me to go back. Just the lighting itself is more amazing and the way the Sims actually act and look. So, I definitely understand what you mean. Sometimes I'm ready for TS5 and then there are times when I don't want TS4 to end, because I feel that a lot more could still be added, but if they do first add the height slider in TS5, then I think I'll have to let this one go ha ha. TS2 was also fun! I remember how exciting is was to first see the game in 3D animation and I do remember the bigger variety of heights between the Sims, which I miss as well. Even the original game was fun to me. Some of the activities and packs were a ton of fun. But comparing the graphics and the options you have...it'd be very hard to play now! Talk about being kind of spoiled, huh?

Message 55 of 80 (540 Views)

★ Guide

@Shae1664 ,

I really do understand why you're frustrated....these Sims could be more different/unique. To be honest, I was very surprised that they ended up making teens the same height as young adults. Having different age groups in the future would be nice too, because they go straight into their 20's when they have their birthday and they were just in high school a day ago. Another thing is that if two Sims are a couple when they're both teenagers, if one of them ages up to young adult, they have to wait until they're both aged up to young adults to have any romantic interactions again because there's no age in between. Just a lot to think of to expand TS4 a little or to add them to TS5. I know the makers are very capable. Look at the difference in graphics between the original game and TS2. They could do so much and they would do an awesome job, I know it.

Message 56 of 80 (533 Views)

@Shae1664 I understand exactly what you mean! I remember when toddlers weren’t in the game at the beginning and same with pools! I went from thinking that sims 4 was going to be sick to just this is so much crappier than the previous one! Aren’t they meant to progress forward and not regress?!

It’s all about the money now hence why th features that was once in one pack in the sims 3 are now split into loads of SP, GP & EP! I get that they want to maximise profits but when does it become more about the money and less about the players! It always seems to happen that way because the money becomes more and more, it’s insidious because they know for a fact that we are still going to buy the packs no matter what they do! It sucks really in my eyes!
Message 57 of 80 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]

@000UnavailableOMG I saw it the same way!

But firstly that is there an earthquake and then no that’s just Yamachan made me laugh so much!

The second half made me laugh even more that my cheeks hurt a little bit hahaha! It’s so true they will go straight for the technology! Maybe to watch their favourite soap that their missing out on while they’re there! Or maybe to go play their version of sims on the computer!? We just don’t hahaha I’ve always had the trippy thought of imagine they’re like us thinking they’re sentient beings but really their being controlled by someone else on a computer! Really gives me an inception thought! Hahaha

Love your text colour too! I’ve tried to think about doing a colour like that but I just don’t know what one so I left it out!

They'll always give minimal effort and energy even when the sim has mastered the skill set for that instrument! 

Message 58 of 80 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]

@000UnavailableIkr! I have went through everything you said! I remember I went back to the sims 3 and I played it for about 5 minutes and the battery quit because I couldn’t take the graphics anymore lol! I also miss the sims 3 the way they used to cuddle in bed! I always imagined how TS4 would do I would be more realistic but I was wrong! There’s no sleep time cuddling!

A height slider would be also a must to buy the sims 5 though foreal 

Message 59 of 80 (509 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion ,

Oh good! I hope I can keep the laughter coming lol. So glad! I could also picture a little toddler grabbing onto his leg and hang onto him, laughing and having a great time while he just walks around! Meanwhile, the world in TS4 is still shaking and the child's parents are about to have a heart attack ha ha.

Yeah, it's like, what are these Sims trying to tell us? "Look! I'm going straight to the computer and doing exactly what you're doing! I'm playing The Sims, too and I'm going to start controlling someone's life. You thought you were the only one. Well, now it's my turn. This is so much fun! I have to get away from the human for a while. At least, I'm going to try to until I'm stopped." LOL And we don't understand a word because the Sim is speaking Simlish. 

I totally agree! It's like...they'll be on a date and instead of spending some quality time with their date a lot of times, they would rather go listen to someone who's singing or playing an instrument because that's more entertaining to them than talking to the person they might be so in love with and having romantic interactions? Confused lol Oh my, that's so ridiculous! I agree that it's not more realistic. In fact, it seems like it's all about the "woohoo" in TS4 and it shouldn't be. Have you noticed that that's the only romantic interaction that'll make the bar for their need of fun go up when it's lower? No wonder they take off a lot! Like you mentioned, what was wrong with the cuddling in bed in TS3? And when we talked about how nice it would be if they held hands. Not to mention the whole flirty mood...oh boy. I totally understand that being deeply in love with another Sim would cause them to get flirty, but it's way too much. Then it can cause them to end up flirting with another Sim when they shouldn't be. I've brought this up in another post, that I feel there should have been some kind of other mood between couples, like "enamored" or something like that. Thinking

If you want, I'll let you have this font color and I'll pick out another one! What do you say? Standard smile

Message 60 of 80 (1,806 Views)