Re: Adding height to The Sims 4 or maybe it will be a Sims 5 edition

by backplayingsims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adding height to The Sims 4 or maybe it will be a Sims 5 edition

Sul Sul once again!

I've has this thought for manufacturing years now, what if you could scale your sims height? 

I thought it would have come out as a part of a game pack by now, I know how much goes into planning a games features, story modes (if there are some and if not story modes then just general gameplay), graphics and so on but I and I am sure many others would love to play around with different heights of different sims, I once played around with a mod to do with the height of your sims and because it wasn’t an official part of the game when my two sims kissed it was like they’ve kissed my sims knee. Was very amusing!

I know to add height as a factor into the game will need a lot of work to it due to having to make each height compatible with each other so nothing goes wrong during general gameplay (such as the knee kissing incident hahaha)

I would like to think it would come out as part of the sims 4 collection but I’m thinking that maybe it might come out into the Sims 5, would I want this? No but would it make as a great business move? Absolutely!

My reasons for thinking so is because it would not only make as a great reason for you to want to purchase the Sims 5 even more than you probably already do but it would also be a first time ever feature of height thats not a mod!

I love modding probably like the next simmer but I’m thinking that hopefully they see that we all love some of the features mods gives us and so hopefully they might see some of the objects, hair, clothing, skins and everything else on there and they might be already adding it to the sims 5 as I write this or as you are reading this!

Smart business is to see the market, to watch what the audience are writing, reading and generally wanting in their games and then working from there. I would love a farm pack but thats already been typed down because who cant resist lambs and baby pigs? I know i cant! 

Anyway all I’m saying is i believe Sims 5 will probably have loads of features such as online communication like visiting each others worlds and houses, height (hopefully), different skins, hairstyles and textures, new objects and decor and probably a more realistic gameplay with the way it looks overall! 

I know me along with millions of other simmer we all have great minds because we are all thinking alike when it comes to what we want! And we want to know more about the Sims 5! 

I hope this read was entertaining enough for you to get to this point where i am typing now! 

Stay safe! 

Keep those hands clean and stay Simming!

Jazzysquares

Dag Dag!

Message 1 of 80 (2,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion ,

Oh good! I hope I can keep the laughter coming lol. So glad! I could also picture a little toddler grabbing onto his leg and hang onto him, laughing and having a great time while he just walks around! Meanwhile, the world in TS4 is still shaking and the child's parents are about to have a heart attack ha ha.

Yeah, it's like, what are these Sims trying to tell us? "Look! I'm going straight to the computer and doing exactly what you're doing! I'm playing The Sims, too and I'm going to start controlling someone's life. You thought you were the only one. Well, now it's my turn. This is so much fun! I have to get away from the human for a while. At least, I'm going to try to until I'm stopped." LOL And we don't understand a word because the Sim is speaking Simlish. 

I totally agree! It's like...they'll be on a date and instead of spending some quality time with their date a lot of times, they would rather go listen to someone who's singing or playing an instrument because that's more entertaining to them than talking to the person they might be so in love with and having romantic interactions? Confused lol Oh my, that's so ridiculous! I agree that it's not more realistic. In fact, it seems like it's all about the "woohoo" in TS4 and it shouldn't be. Have you noticed that that's the only romantic interaction that'll make the bar for their need of fun go up when it's lower? No wonder they take off a lot! Like you mentioned, what was wrong with the cuddling in bed in TS3? And when we talked about how nice it would be if they held hands. Not to mention the whole flirty mood...oh boy. I totally understand that being deeply in love with another Sim would cause them to get flirty, but it's way too much. Then it can cause them to end up flirting with another Sim when they shouldn't be. I've brought this up in another post, that I feel there should have been some kind of other mood between couples, like "enamored" or something like that. Thinking

If you want, I'll let you have this font color and I'll pick out another one! What do you say? Standard smile

View in thread

Message 60 of 80 (1,800 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know, I'm really hoping for the height adjuster and a color slider for hairstyles, just like the one they're making for skin tones and I'm really hoping they'll add it on The Sims 4. I believe there's still a lot of potential in this game. Your ideas are great in my opinion. Hopefully because so many people have asked about the height and hair, they'll add it some time soon. Standard smile

Message 2 of 80 (2,081 Views)

★ Guide

It seems like they've been working extra hard lately to make a lot of improvements and add new things to the game, which is very much appreciated.

Message 3 of 80 (2,079 Views)

Hi WithHope8,

I love your response and I do too appreciate the hard work and effort that goes towards the updates, i know game making and editing is not an easy job and I respect what they do completely!

I want hair growth over time and so this would then breed the option of a hairdresser in a salon! Maybe even a beauty technician such as waxing or nails (mani - pedi ) I would love the option of body hair for females and males as it is a natural part of life and to go to the salons would be such a great simming experience haha 

I appreciate you thinking my ideas are great! Thank you very much!

Many thanks and stay safe!

Jazzysquares!

Message 4 of 80 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Jazzysquares,

You're very welcome! Keep those ideas coming. You never know what difference it could make! What else would be neat is having months in the game and just regular birthdays, instead of ones to only age up. Then maybe the Sims could slowly age over time or maybe have more age groups? Also a nervous mood would be a great addition I think. But body hair and nail growth and going to the salon would definitely make it more realistic. I remember when teenagers used to occasionally have acne in The Sims 2. I believe they used to look in the mirror and get upset about it. Hopefully they'll take a look at this topic. I really do love your ideas and I'm happy you liked my post. Standard smile Thumbs up

Message 5 of 80 (2,033 Views)

Hi @000Unavailable,

Your response made me think about Sims 2, the thought was surrounding your months idea and I too when Sims 2 came out with seasons I was wanting months too and thoughts of “what happens with birthdays?” and “I guess I’ll know its winter through snow then!” Haha 

I was then brought to the thought of their acne and then when I saw you mention it I was instantly like “great minds think alike!” I do too want this feature to be brought back as it is so realistic to how a reaction would be, there was also if I remember rightly the option of them popping the acne and you seeing a change of them looking more sore and red.

This would be more realistic as the unlucky few *raises hand* has suffered from acne it’s not a great experience to go through especially in school times so thats a great feature! Also with sims 4 teenagers they are the same height, I remember the announcement for it so I can’t complain but it was a nice difference to have between the sims ages.

I find myself sometimes getting confused about whether the sim is an adult or not if they’re walking on the street, I miss the height difference!

Thanks for that insightful reply back! Love to hear more from you!

Happy Simming and most importantly stay safe, ensure your sims are washing hands too!

Which brings me to another point, they used to be able to wash face too and put acne cream on, them features would love to see back again for a great comeback! 😁 

Dag Dag!

Jazzysquares

Message 6 of 80 (2,014 Views)

★ Guide

Hello there @SimmeringPassion,

Oh wow, I think you're right! They did used to be able to wash their faces. That's definitely a must that should come back and maybe some soap in the shower? Ha ha. I agree that teenagers should have at least been a different height. I really do believe they would be able to work around having different heights, because it works out so well with toddlers and children. The adults and teenagers are still able to hug them and kiss their cheeks. It would also be great if couples could hold hands while they walk and slow dance together, like waltz, or even just be able to dance with a friend or family member who's in front of them. 

It's always nice to hear from you too! Thank you so much for being so open to my ideas and I'm always happy to hear yours. I'm sure we could come up with so many more if gave it even more thought! I can't believe we thought about the teenagers having acne at the same time ha ha. 

I'll be sure my Sims and I stay safe. Thumbs up Stay safe too! And again, keep those ideas coming. Standard smile

Message 7 of 80 (1,997 Views)

★ Guide

By the way, someone had posted a topic a few days ago that you might be interested in. I thought maybe you'd like to take a look. Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/wedding/td-p/9755437/jump-to/first-unread-mess...

Message 8 of 80 (1,994 Views)

Hi @000Unavailable,

The thoughts your suggesting are the same thoughts I remember having with the sims 2 and thinking about shower gel when I saw colognes which you reminded me of, the couples holding hands while walking is such a simple yet beautiful idea, I thought initially that it would be in the sims with the “hold hands” interaction that you would press that and walk together but it was just a stand still interaction which I was like “it’s cute but okay then” 

You’re so right when it comes to the height difference between the children and toddlers! The dancing together was also a Italian kiss right there (if you get what i mean) it would be so cool if they could dance together other than like how they do now! 

Have the elder sims waltz and dance to the music in their says and enjoy feeling young together again! 

Have the younger sims maybe tango together or get a dance instructor to host lessons in the local hall, have a stage for performances where your sims can pay to watch and enjoy themselves and what ever happened to the movie theatre in sims 3, I loved that feature such a small woohooing and trying for babies in there! 

With the shower gel idea having different perks and related emotions for the smells / scents too!

I also would love picnics in the sun with the sims family too! 

Interesting topics here!

Dag Dag!

Jazzysquares!

Message 9 of 80 (1,978 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SimmeringPassion This would for sure be a cool feature and I love your ideas! Hopefully we can see it in the Sims 5, I don't think they're planning on adding it into the Sims 4 anytime soon Frown
Message 10 of 80 (1,957 Views)