Adding another sim to the family tree?

by roshambxo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adding another sim to the family tree?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OFF THE TOP: YES I *have* already used cas.fulleditmode to just edit relationships in the drop-down menus.

So, me and a friend made some sims that were intended to be brothers. We made them independently and uploaded them solo then in our respective files edited them to have the proper family ties. The problem now is that these two now have a third brother, but the game won't let me add him to their family. He still shows up in full edit mode but the only options are Roommate or Husband. I even tried isolating him and one of the already-set brothers into a new household, thinking maybe it was the fact it was two at once which was the problem, but it still won't work! What else can I do, or does someone know what might be the issue?

edit: I went to doublecheck if he could be made the brother of the other household members (his brothers' romantic partners) and he can. It's JUST these two he can't access.

Message 1 of 5 (6,150 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Adding another sim to the family tree?

★★★★ Expert
@roshambxo Check and see if there is an existing relationship, even the smallest amount. Sometimes CAS won't let assigning certain relationships if there is an existing one.

The best thing to do is delete any existing relationship. Make it so they have never met each other. Then take them into CAS and it should let you assign it then.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (6,132 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@roshambxo Check and see if there is an existing relationship, even the smallest amount. Sometimes CAS won't let assigning certain relationships if there is an existing one.

The best thing to do is delete any existing relationship. Make it so they have never met each other. Then take them into CAS and it should let you assign it then.
Message 2 of 5 (6,133 Views)

Hero

@roshambxo  Another thing you can try if you use mods is to use MCCC.  That works sometimes when the CAS cheat won't.  If you do use that mod, you may have to delete the relationship and then reset it to what you want.  

Message 3 of 5 (6,120 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Psychotps Okay, yeah, it looks like this is the problem. Got ahold of my friend and they said they made him as a relative to THEIR version of Brother 1, so that's tainting this upload of him and keeping him from being able to be related to anyone in my file. They're gonna wipe his relationships and we'll try again. Thank you!!
Message 4 of 5 (6,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I had this same problem with growing together. What I did was get the sims suitcase and open it up and put it in my sims inventory, and after this I deleted it and the visitor disappeared

Message 5 of 5 (2,477 Views)