Re: Adding Homeless Sims

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adding Homeless Sims

★★ Novice

👋 HI! Is it possible to add homeless sims like father winter and the holiday bunny to my game. I want to see a few more folks than just those who live in home lots. So it gives the illusion they might live else where on the planet, in the art of the world persay. 

I gave accidentally done it before but I'm not sure if it was by kicking out sims or trying ro place a household but exiting before moving them.

I will experiment  but I just wanted to know if their was a way.

THANKS ! ✨️❤

Message 1 of 7 (6,824 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@AriyAriy 

You can absolutely add homeless Sims! I have some custom townies that I was hoping the game would use to run food stalls, etc. The way I set them up is:

1. Create the household in CAS.

2. Move them into an empty lot from managed worlds.

3. Immediately evict them from that lot.

You'll then have the option to create a new household to place on that empty lot, so you can repeat this for however many homeless Sims you want.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (6,790 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Some NPC lose they role if they have a home. I normally delete father winter in my vanilla game because he is always flirty and … this gave me problems. In my modded game he is always homeless because I read on reddit that he lost his role as the user gave him a home. (The bunny should have this issue too if you give him a home)

Message 2 of 7 (6,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@AriyAriy 

You can absolutely add homeless Sims! I have some custom townies that I was hoping the game would use to run food stalls, etc. The way I set them up is:

1. Create the household in CAS.

2. Move them into an empty lot from managed worlds.

3. Immediately evict them from that lot.

You'll then have the option to create a new household to place on that empty lot, so you can repeat this for however many homeless Sims you want.

Message 3 of 7 (6,791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA could also then add WAYS to help the homeless such as shelters, and city/town missions where both places could food, house, and clothes the homeless. PLUS DONATIONS!

Message 4 of 7 (6,708 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@CWC922 

This is a different use of "homeless" than we were using--we were using "homeless" as "not currently in world"--but these are great ideas! One thing you can do is build a shelter as another lot type (pool, library, restaurant, community lot if you have Eco Lifestyle) and then have your homeless rags-to-riches Sims sleep in those shelters. The library would probably be a great choice if you don't have Eco Lifestyle, as homeless people do sleep at the library and they could look for jobs on the computers and read books (maybe add some skill books, if the library doesn't have any?).

I know my friend slytherclaw72 has built a community lot with a shelter attached....

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/61EE27900F9711EC8EA92E2CE62140A4?category=al...

Message 5 of 7 (6,662 Views)

★★ Novice
@daikoyu Thank you!
Message 6 of 7 (6,640 Views)

Champion

@AriyAriy   Hi!  Sorry for the late reply.  You said you placed a household but exited before moving them.  I don't know if you figured this out from your experiments but that does, in fact, send the household to the Other / Not in world sections of Manage Households.  :-)   

One other thing to note about creating homeless sims is that they will be subject to culling.  Since the game is also adding townies randomly, there is a culling process that deletes homeless sims when the maximum sim limit is reached.  Maybe you knew that already but I thought I should mention it, just in case.  Happy Simming!  :-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 7 (6,543 Views)