Re: Pre-Ordered Cottage Living Listed As Free

by EA_Cade

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ButterflyRealm , there is always a base game update that comes out before every pack. Those updates are always free even if you didn't buy the pack. 😎
So things that will support the upcoming pack (like cooking together, new pond tools, and children being able to garden, etc.) will be free in the update! Party hat But specific things that only come in the pack (like farm animals, new produce options, the competitions at the country fair, cross stitching, and any new clothing, hair, or furniture) will have to be purchased with the Cottage Living EP. 🥰

So, like @jpkarlsen , the pack is definitely not free and you will have to purchase it if you want those items and gameplay.  But the patch is free and will give you a few new things to explore.  Wink  However I'm not familiar with Xbox 's game pass, either! 😔

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 22 (1,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and have seen this too, when you click on it you are taken to the Xbox store where it is shown at its correct full (and gamepass) price, but in the Sims 4 main menu it is shown as free.

Here is an image :

IMG_20210721_101310~2.jpg

Edit to add that I have not pre-ordered, nor do I have gamepass. 

Message 12 of 22 (1,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @ShopGirl98 

That's strange, is this the in game link?

I'm showing it as $39.99 on both the console store and on the Xbox website here:

image.png

Update: Thanks for reporting this! This has now been confirmed as an issue and is under active investigation by ourselves and the Microsoft team. I'll post updates as I get them here.  

Accepting as solution for visibility purposes. 

EACade
Message 13 of 22 (2,391 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Ooooh, ok. That makes sense. Thank you for being so helpful & polite. 🙏🏽
Message 14 of 22 (1,489 Views)

Champion

@ButterflyRealm , no problem and thank you!🙂  But more importantly did you see the post above this one by @EA_Cade ? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 22 (1,337 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 I have. @EA_Cade, you’re absolutely amazing. Thank you very much for being sweet & explaining it so well. Blessings 🙏🏽
Message 16 of 22 (1,325 Views)

Country Living showing as FREE on main menu

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? NA
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Country Living, Journey to Batuu, Tiny living, Moschino, Bowling night and Spooky pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When on the main menu, click on the Country living pack. this will show as FREE. Not as the price listed as on the xbox store
What happens when the bug occurs? If you click on FREE, it will take you to the Xbox store where you’ll pay for the pack
What do you expect to see? Correct price on the Main Menu screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

All other packs not owned are showing the correct prices, just appears to be Country Living since it’s been included for Xbox. 
mice tried restarting the game, but appears to show as FREE each time. 
Also tried clicking on FREE to see if would revert back after price shows on the Xbox store, it doesn’t. 

Message 17 of 22 (1,325 Views)

Re: Country Living showing as FREE on main menu

@Kayleighm349  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  EA is investigating, and you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

The pack is of course not supposed to be free, in case you were wondering whether to buy it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 22 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I couldn’t find another thread for this issue! 

Would’ve been more surprised if it actually was free, they usually release them at a discounted price/ free once I’ve already paid full price for the packs 🙈

Message 19 of 22 (1,301 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all!

Just to keep you in the loop (I haven't forgotten you, promise!), we're continuing our investigation with Microsoft on this issue but as of right now we've nothing concrete to announce.

I'll update you all again here once I get more info to share.

Thanks!
EACade
Message 20 of 22 (1,255 Views)