Resolved - Sims 4 EA Play DLC

by BloodMoonEternum

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Resolved - Sims 4 EA Play DLC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, so my primary concern was that before purchasing my EA Play subscription, I checked through and saw that all of the Sims 4 DLC I wanted was marked with “EA Play” but when I purchased my subscription, it’s not letting me access any of them. Every single pack requires payment again. So my question is, what packs are available and how would I even access them? PSN states they’re all available via EA Play. I have it, but can’t access a single one without paying the price for the DLC. So what do I do? 

Message 1 of 22 (6,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Country Living showing as FREE on main menu

Community Manager

Hey again,

Final update: This issue is confirmed as resolved as of July 27th. 

Thank you for your patience while the game teams investigated this!

EACade

View in thread

Message 21 of 22 (6,207 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 EA Play DLC

Champion (Retired)

@BloodMoonEternum 

From what I can see you would need EA Play Pro.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 22 (6,380 Views)

@BloodMoonEternum  Did you buy the subscription for PC or Playstation?  EA Play for PC only offers the Sims 4 base game, no packs.  (EA Play Pro does offer two packs which get added automatically.)  I'm not sure what's in the library of the Playstation version of EA Play, but it doesn't need to work exactly like the PC version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 22 (6,377 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hey! I have it for PS4, sorry for not being entirely clear on that. It has no mention of pro being needed for them, however.
Message 4 of 22 (6,311 Views)

@BloodMoonEternum  EA Play Pro is Windows-only; the console subcriptions have only the one tier.  So you should be able to access anything available for EA Play for Playstation.

Could you take a couple of screenshots of what you see and post them?  I'd like to ask people who know more than I do about console issues, and it would help to be able to illustrate the discrepancy, e.g. a shot or two of a pack saying it's available for EA Play, then another that says you need to buy it.

Message 5 of 22 (6,291 Views)

★★ Novice

So here’s a picture (taken from my phone of my television, forgive that aspect lol), showing the ea play logo on the DLC’s icon, but then saying the price. I’ll upload another picture where instead of the discounted price, it’ll say “free”. This is the comparison. With the full games it does in fact function properly, but with any ea play dlc for PlayStation, it asks for payment regardless of the ea play emblem. 

Message 6 of 22 (6,257 Views)

@BloodMoonEternum  Thanks, I'll pass it on.  It's probably just a glitch in the labeling, as in, the packs aren't meant to be free, but better to get an EA answer.

Message 7 of 22 (6,250 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. Even if it is bugged or invalid, that’s fine. I was just extraordinarily confused lol. Any answer is a good answer to me.
Message 8 of 22 (6,218 Views)

Pre-Ordered Cottage Living Listed As Free

★★ Apprentice

Hello, I just pre-ordered the new Cottage Living pack on Sims 4 but I have a question. 

Initially, it showed free on my Xbox but I ended up paying $35 & some change. Some are saying online that it was supposed to be a free update to everyone.

Can you explain if this was supposed to be true or why I initially saw free?

(I am unable to  compress the picture I took of it from my phone to show proof)

Message 9 of 22 (6,311 Views)

Re: Pre-Ordered Cottage Living Listed As Free

Champion (Retired)

@ButterflyRealm 

It may be free if you bought the Xbox Gamepass (not sure) but other than that possibility it definitely isn't free.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 22 (6,288 Views)