Re: Accidentally retired Sim

by bubirsaka

Original Post

I agree that this is the worst thing about this game, and should be easily fixed. Even if EA wants to encourage retirement because starting new sims makes it more likely that a player spends money, encouraging ACCIDENTAL retirement is infuriating and will only serve to drive people from the game. You just need a confirmation on the pop up and all is well.
Message 11 of 33 (2,757 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

EA!!! Please, I'm begging you! Be merciful and do something about a Retirement Confirmation! I just inadvertantly retired Bette Davis, a key Sim character whom I've had NO intention of retiring. And it wasn't because I wasn't thinking -- I was performing a routine action trying to give out stickers at a party. The retirement screen flashed under my finger with the "Retire now" button strategically placed much in the same way click bait is placed, completely eliminating my freedom of choice.

I feel duped, violated, and betrayed. I'm sorry to use such strong language, but the tone matches my feelings. 😫 I'm afraid I've decided to refrain from making anymore U.S. currency purchases until the retirement issue is addressed.

Please don't misunderstand me: I love Sims Mobile, the community of players, and the worlds we've created. I appreciate all the hard work, talent, and creativity that's gone into making this game available to us. But please, better balance provision and player protection. For the company's sake, and your devoted players.

Beseechingly...

VintageStarlette (minus one)

----

@Finealta

Message 12 of 33 (2,747 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
P.S. Seeing my poor, bent, empty-eyed starlette hobbling around the streets, cold and alone...it will shatter my soul anew each time! Woe! 💔
Message 13 of 33 (2,744 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Same thing happened to me. I accidentally retired my SIM and lost all his stickers for the week. It was during the Scary sticker contest week and now I have this for my 3rd generation in the Family Portrait. Can you imagine! You have the Retire option in the trait window, so why the constant pop ups? At least give us an "Are you sure?"  I guess this is EA's sick alternative to Death. Please fix it. 

Message 14 of 33 (2,733 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Jamie was dear to many of us. R.I.P....
Message 15 of 33 (2,731 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I just accidentally retired one of my favorite sims and I wasn’t thinking fast enough to try this but the next time I will. Because who knows, maybe it’ll work:

I live in an apartment where the WiFi connection is not really strong so sometimes I complete an event and start another one and close the app. When I reopen it I realize that because of the poor internet connection, my actions didn’t register and I have to finish the first event and start the next one, again... (really bugs me)

So I thought maybe the same logic could apply here and since we don’t have a lot of options, it wouldn’t hurt to try. You could put your phone immediately on airplane mode and close the app so it doesn’t “register” I guess and I don’t know maybe wait for a while and reopen it? 

I just wanted to put this here in case it really works.

Message 16 of 33 (2,632 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just accidentally retired one of my favorite sims and I wasn’t thinking fast enough to try this but the next time I will. Because who knows, maybe it’ll work:

I live in an apartment where the WiFi connection is not really strong so sometimes I complete an event and start another one and close the app. When I reopen it I realize that because of the poor internet connection, my actions didn’t register and I have to finish the first event and start the next one, again... (really bugs me)

So I thought maybe the same logic could apply here and since we don’t have a lot of options, it wouldn’t hurt to try. You could put your phone immediately on airplane mode and close the app so it doesn’t “register” I guess and I don’t know maybe wait for a while and reopen it?

I just wanted to put this here in case it really works.

Message 17 of 33 (2,629 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hate that this keeps popping up, but I had successfully avoided it for months.  Then, at the start of a new event, two "friend requests" appeared in the mail.  In the process of accepting both, I realized one was a totally new type of message asking if I wanted to "move" (not retire!).  All of a sudden, my primary Sim was grey haired & unplayable!  I sent an immediate, detailed email to which I received a generic 'check our website' reply. This is a mobile app and asking a game changing, irrevocable, question in tiny print with no confirmation is unacceptable!  I'm devastated and, after being a dedicated daily player and spending too much real money on this lost character, I won't be playing any more if I can't get her back.

Message 18 of 33 (2,529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Btw, this thread is marked "solved" despite >>no solution<< yet from EA!!
Message 19 of 33 (2,527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I honestly believe they made the retirement option a pop up on purpose. The purpose being to force you to retire the sim., especially since they are not aging them like on the PC version. I feel like after you reject the pop up then they should stop offering it as a pop up and wait for you to manually choose the option. I also hate the limitation on how many people you can have living in the house. Even worse is having to ask another player if their Sim can live with you once you're married.

Message 20 of 33 (2,396 Views)