Accidentally Retired my Sim 😭😭😭

by lovestar28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidentally Retired my Sim 😭😭😭

★★★★★ Novice

It happened.

After safely avoiding the nonstop "retire your Sim" popups that I've been receiving for the past 2 weeks pushing me to retire one of my Sims, it finally happened.

Today, when I opened the game to play, a popup came on the game screen and my FATA$$ thumb had every so slightly slid on the green button before I even got a chance to read the popup. Before I knew it, it said that my Sim was retired. My main Sim. The first one I made and spent hours tweaking its appearance. Now unplayable.

Almost cried - ALMOST. 

Anyone ever had that happen? What did you do? Quit? I'm seriously thinking of quitting.

It's such a waste and I had so many great plans for this Sim. Broken heart

Message 1 of 3 (582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidentally Retired my Sim 😭😭😭

I had this happen twice in one week, the first I let go of. The second, right when it happened, I force closed the game and started it again and the retirement was off. 

So that's the best thing to do when it happens, just force close the game right away. You might just get around it. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi,

I have also experienced that once and I agree with you, it's sad.

The retirement popup came up in the midle of a foodie party I was hosting. I didn't plan to retire her, it just accidentally happened!

I didn't quit, never crossed my mind as I really enjoy the game. What I did from that day, is that I keep CAS screenshots of facial features just in case l accidentally tap on the retirement button again. It's never happened since that day, luckily.  I can use the screenshots to recreate my favourite sims. 

Hope this helps 🙂

The Sims_2019-01-24-05-23-17.png

Here's Clara wearing her chef hat after I accidentally retired her.

SmartSelect_20190124-045952_The Sims.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 3 (551 Views)

I had this happen twice in one week, the first I let go of. The second, right when it happened, I force closed the game and started it again and the retirement was off. 

So that's the best thing to do when it happens, just force close the game right away. You might just get around it. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 3 (536 Views)