Re: ARGH ALIENS!!!!!!! *shakes fist*

by Hiroko-sama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ARGH ALIENS!!!!!!! *shakes fist*

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Is it me, or are aliens "pollination"-crazy lately?

I've just had my second Sim in this save abducted and "pollinated," and my Sim in another save just had alien twins.

I HAD OTHER PLANS, ALIENS! HE JUST FOUND A GIRL HE'S INTO! BUT NOW HE CAN'T MARRY HER BECAUSE THERE ARE NO HOUSEHOLD SLOTS! (I don't want to separate him and his twin.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *falls to knees and shakes fist*

Message 1 of 28 (2,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Game, NO.

I'm not even with you right now.

I am NOT populating this save exclusively with aliens!  I know I have an alien in the household (his son-in-law's child-aged daughter that everyone is helping raise). I know that we have alien plants and mother and daughter explored space today (we're doing collections). I know that out of 6 played households (excluding my "spouse farms" that I don't really play), 4 have at least one alien* (two adult aliens from abductions who've moved out on their own into two households, two recent abductions in two households--yeah, I aged up Octavia and moved her out, into a San Myshuno apartment with her bestie, so her dad could get married).  That does NOT mean that the next generation will consist entirely of aliens!

Are you listening to me?

Apparently the answer to that is NO, you are NOT listening to me.

(I've often felt that the game does more of what you seem to allow, such as if you have parents do flashcards with toddlers and help children and teens with homework, parents will autonomously do flashcards with toddlers and help children and teens with homework. Ditto for if you have a lot of babies they get a lot of whims for babies. If your Sim has a near-death brush with cold or fire the game will throw more cold or fire at you. But... NO.)

Yeah, I used MCCC to clear that. NO.

* If you're curious, the other two households are 100% vampire and 100% mermaid.

View in thread

Message 12 of 28 (3,506 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@xochiquetzl_xkvn There's a Mod for that: snip

There's a free public one and a Patreon ($3) version. While the free one is months behind, it helps a little.

Also, do you have a lot of fossils, gems, etc on your lot or Inventory? Because that increases the chances of abduction.If you want to keep all of them, just put out your absolute favs and put the rest in the Household Inventory. Or cheat and get the Satellite from Get to Work (if you have it) and set it to discourage Aliens. MCCC (Deaderpool)'s mod can humanize all the aliens too.

CM Edit: Please don't link mods on Answers HQ. 

Message 2 of 28 (2,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Hiroko-sama 

It's worse than that, lol.  My Sims who keep getting knocked up are.... hanging out with the alien children they already have.

Sim 1: went to visit adult alien daughter, was promptly abducted and knocked up.

Sim 2: helped teen alien daughter with homework, was promptly abducted and knocked up.

I don't know what happened with the guy with the twins. He flirted with a girl in a bar; maybe she was a disguised alien?

I'm half being funny, because I find the alien children cute, but I also think aliens have TERRIBLE timing! (If I didn't find them so cute I'd just use MCCC to "clear" the pregnancy.)

Message 3 of 28 (2,644 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Yeah that's....that's something else....XD

And it's likely. My aliens hate their human form and often rats themselves out and get upset by it. Like wtf? Stay in your skin suit around people if you want to hide. Geez. XD
Message 4 of 28 (2,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Hiroko-sama 

It's all the same pollinator in this save, too. 

Octavia's dad is alien preggers. What doesn't show on this genealogy is that the other two girls pictured are... by Octavia's grandfather. *facepalm*

I have a friend who's a pollinator serial killer; maybe I should give in to the dark side... except that I don't think it would really help.

(I usually have mine wander around undisguised.)

Message 5 of 28 (2,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

If you work in the science career or know aliens your abducted rate is insane raised.

I don’t like this. Specially the force pregnant which come with it. I can’t have aliens’ friends in a vanilla game because my sims are constantly abducted and get pregnant. You can give it away but the message with give this is awful: Oh, we like r*** for male sims and that they have a forced pregnancy. For a game which should be a safe space … it feels wrong, so awfully wrong.

The game should have a toggle for it and don’t have triggers. Times are change and this feature is not modern anymore and the message you got its not okey anymore. Force pregnancy is awful. I know was a thing in sims 2 and 3 but only because it was okey then it is not okey now. Yes, its only a game but a game also give a message, specially in times as now.

The team remove so much which can triggers people (Snowy escape and to bow at shrine, Hates children trait and dazed) but this is okey? WHY?  (sorry for my rant, i just dont get it)

(I know the game have an item for, but you need to active all 24hours and you need it to unlock = awful design. Just give the people a toggle. We should not to had use mods for it, not for something like THIS)

Message 6 of 28 (2,599 Views)

★★★ Expert

@daikoyu I agree 100%, there should definitely be some sort of an opt out for the alien impregnations. A simple dialog option of I do/ I do not consent to be part of this alien experiment would be fine with me. This would leave it up to the player to decide if they want this in their game or not. I avoided purchasing the Get to Work pack for a very long time because of this feature & I now use mods to disable it. Sorry if this is getting too OT from the original topic.

Message 7 of 28 (2,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@RandomBuzziness @daikoyu   I love the idea of a consent toggle, because frankly the only good thing about the whole situation is that I really like the adorable alien babies. We keep them and raise them... but then the alien's half-brother was immediately abducted and impregnanted the day he aged up to YA, and every male in the household has an insane abduction risk. And frankly, having my Sims be both aunt/niece and sisters is squicky. My female alien scientist was abducted and came home pregant by "no one" and I used MCCC to terminate it because I draw the line at the pollinator abducting and impregnating her own daughter (ew!!!!!), and also that's clearly a bug. (I do have mods, so that might be why.)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/915126754455195658/unknown.png

@daikoyuYeah, having an alien in your household... yeah, you get abducted constantly. I usually put women and aliens in the scientist career, lol. Scientist as an alien is actually pretty fun; when it's "alien infiltration" day you just walk around and see what other Sims you have the secret alien handshake option with.  :D The only male alien scientist I have is unrelated to the current pollinator and I've just accepted that it's a risk for him, but I used MCCC to terminate my human male scientist's pregnancies until he maxed the career (because I do think the babies are adorable, but I'd rather choose the timing, thank you). I just try not to think too hard about the consent issue, because you're absolutely right.

Message 8 of 28 (2,558 Views)

★★★ Expert

@xochiquetzl_xkvn I've read in other forums where other players have also had female Alien Sims get pregnant from the abductions. I've never been able to verify if this is an actual bug or if it's definitely mod-related, though some of the posts said it happened in a no-mod game. It's only happened once in my game and that was with mods. None of those mods should have affected things like pregnancies, but who knows? I didn't check to see if there was a partner or if that was listed as "none". I do not have that MC module installed. My Sim was an Astronaut, not even a scientist, though she did have several friends that are also Aliens. So yeah, maybe it's a bug, but I can't verify one way or the other.

Oh, and one time this happened in my game...

double alien abduction2.JPG

One Sim being abducted while another Sim was being returned. It seemed like an odd bit of scheduling for an alien culture that has mastered interstellar travel...

This was in StrangerVille and I loved it! :D

Message 9 of 28 (2,491 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@RandomBuzziness  If I'm not mistaken, both MC Pregnancy and Wonderful Whims will let you designate a valid gender for alien pregnancies.  I don't have those set to allow both, though.

I laughed out loud at your picture! Here are a couple of mine.

Alien in household = very risky, so once you've had one:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/796583772211380234/unknown.png

That little girl grew up to be a scientist, and oh by the way aliens absolutely abduct aliens:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/811255072595902484/unknown.png

Message 10 of 28 (2,488 Views)