Re: A question about the new kit

by simsplayer818

Original Post

Champion
@gooochyeee Thanks so much again for testing that!
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 11 of 38 (1,050 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@simsplayer818 Yes I'm having the same problem it needs fixing it so annoying.
Message 12 of 38 (1,006 Views)

Champion
@jordyou23 I've just scrolled through bug reports to see if there's an open thread but there's just an old one about spraying for monsters not working, it wasn't resolved but it's too old to add to I think, it would be necroposting which is frowned upon.
So I'm going to test this when I add more children. Honestly lol, I identify a new bug every time I read a new discussion thread!
Message 13 of 38 (992 Views)

Champion
@simsplayer818 Hmm good thing we've got a patch coming (I think?) tomorrow. Since I'll be back on vanilla gameplay for a while testing everything before putting mods back in, I can also double-check nightlights. I assumed it was just because I'd swapped out all my Defender lights for the Werewolf one, but maybe there's a larger bug and neither's working.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 14 of 38 (961 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jordyou23 , @PipMenace , @simsplayer818 , and @gooochyeee , just like @jpkarlsen mentioned, some beds do prevent monsters (all double beds to my knowledge will prevent monsters, mostly because these types of beds are usually only used for teens and adults) as well as some single beds (mostly those that are not geared toward children). Not sure about bunk beds since I have long gotten into the habit of putting in the Coolala light right away, so I keep forgetting to test bunk beds! Oops

@jpkarlsen also mentioned that only some nightlights will work to keep monsters away, the primary one being the Cooalala The Defender Wall Light (base game) as seen below:

01-30-23_11-45-33 PM.png

But there are some other nightlights that will also keep monsters away, such as one of these two from Parenthood (not sure which one, and it might be both that work):

The Regular ol' Night Light:

01-30-23_11-46-54 PM.png01-30-23_11-47-46 PM.png

And the Stary-Night Night Light:

01-30-23_11-47-01 PM.png01-30-23_11-47-33 PM.png

These are both very similar but I'm not sure which one works , or if both work.  I tried testing which one works before typing this, but of course I could not trigger the monster to show up at all, even though I was using a bed that I know produces monsters🤦‍♀️🙃😅!  I usually use the Coolala Defender because it is easier to find in the Build  and Buy Mode catalog . If I find which one , or if both work, I will update you all.  Or someone else might find out before I can report back.   There might be other night lights that work as well, but I wouldn't know which ones. ( Also, the little night light that doubles as a toy called The Night Owl Toy Night Light does not work to scare off monsters! 😥)

Also, the house that I used to take the pictures was made by @SheriGR , and was made recently in preparation for the upcoming update that gives us improved babies , so if you like what you see, download it on the Gallery! 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 38 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PugLove888I think it definitely must be broken in my game then, at least it was when I last played families. I use a night light every time. I use them alongside other lights too, although that shouldn't negate their effects I'm guessing. I'm just adding all my Sims back after deleting my game due to the crashing (🤞 so far no crashing but pleeease don't let the next patch upset it again 😰). So I was waiting to add the families and children back again. I'm looking forward to recreating my favourite little Sims but little Andre Lefarge is one in particular that has a bad time with monsters. He had so many each night he just gave up and befriended them, but his dad is an astronaut so I think he wanted to put a brave face on it. I think he had the Coolala light. I've got Coolala night light, Regular ol night light, Starry night night light and Night owl toy night light. I use one of them for each child's room.
I wonder if auto light in the room affects their power? I use that in all my houses on the other lights while leaving the night lights on. I set all rooms to auto light then switch the night lights on again individually.
Anyway I'm adding families back starting in a couple of weeks... this is how seriously I take my Sims lol, I have a schedule. So I'll test it fully then and see about those monsters. The double beds do always keep them away but I'd like to be able to place the cute kids beds and have them actually sleep through the night!

Message 16 of 38 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@simsplayer818 I’m lazy and always want to see clearly in my game, so I never use autolights In Sims 4, though o did in previous  versions. (Out of town atm a and cannot test this.) Perhaps you could just turn off autolights period in the kids’ rooms? I remember in the past when having a lot of nightmares kiddo that I added a second nightlight (Coolala Defender) on the other side of the room. I can’t remember if it actually helped, but maybe? 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 17 of 38 (916 Views)

Champion
@SheriGR Thanks, I'm going to test it a few different ways when I add a little Sim back into my game soon so I'll refer back to this for tips.
I had absolutely no idea the issue existed until this thread so it's all been really useful.
Message 18 of 38 (906 Views)

Champion

@simsplayer818 , yes, I have never known the Coolala Defender light to fail at getting rid of monsters, so something is clearly wrong! (The owl nightlight will do nothing to prevent monsters , but it can give a nice moodlet upon waking up.)  
I tested the Stary Night and the Regular 'ol Nightlights and they both seemed to work .  I waited until my Sim got the monster and then placed one of the lights and it went away, and then did this again with the other nightlight the next time she had the monster. 

I don't know about Auto Lights, because just like @SheriGR , I always play with the lights on because I want to see what I click on! EmbarrassedLarge smile I think testing without Autolights is a good idea... it can't hurt, and if you discover that this is what is causing your problem, then you can make a new Bug Report ! 

Also, the more tired, stressed, or needs-depleted your child Sim is, the more likely they will get a nightmare, just like in real life! Raised eyebrow I had to purposely get the child's needs depleted (especially make them really tired) to get the monster to show up! 😅

Are you on a console (I'm on a PC, so maybe consoles are getting a bug that I'm not aware of), or maybe you play with  Custom Content (CC) or Mods? These are 2 factors that might also be contributing or causing the problem that we didn't discuss yet. (But I figure you have been around here for long enough to have considered that, but just in case I will mention it! 😉 )

Please update us on your findingsAngel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 38 (864 Views)

Champion
@PugLove888 I'm on next gen Xbox. We get penalised for using cheats so I don't use them but I invent my own for an added challenge.
We're having massive build issues on console right now, when I say massive I mean we're all struggling to play since they've redesigned our controls to make the controller into a mouse basically so it's going to slow down my adding my families back 😭. I love my family builds too. I add the wall nightlights as part of the decor, with fairy lights too kind of mixed in. Those lights stay on for ambiance so the room twinkles at night. I really love the little 4 poster single beds from Seasons and with the fairy lights and nightlights it makes a lovely kids room. But then... monster under the bed, child won't sleep. So after a few nights of "aaargh!" I swap in a double bed so the poor little mite can get some rest.
Message 20 of 38 (851 Views)