A new expansion pack idea sims 4 teen style

by keiandra21

Original Post

A new expansion pack idea sims 4 teen style

★★★ Newbie

I think that you should create a sims 4 teen style expansion pack.you should let the teens go to highschool and let the players experience the sims going to different classes going to the cafeteria hanging out with friends you should have extra curriculum activities like cheerleading ,volley ball,soccer ,football, basketball it Should be the full highschool experience counselors and principals , hang out in the gym communicate with friends..we should be able to see them in class and help them function with class work and etc

Message 1 of 10 (1,258 Views)

Re: A new expansion pack idea sims 4 teen style

Champion

@keiandra21, when The Sims 3 University Life came out , there were a few lectures we could follow our Sims with and attend , but most were rabbit holes. Going to class with your Sims sounded like a good idea, but turned out to be incredibly boring! Sleepy This is why in The Sims 4's Discover University EP, they made all the classes rabbit holes since following your Sims to class added nothing to gameplay.  This would be the same for a High School Pack.  Better to make a Teen pack and leave out the classroom part! Wink  

However, I think a lot of players would like more activities for their teens to do in the game!  all of your extra curricular activities sound like fun! Party hat I would also add band and maybe  orchestra to the activities!  Especially marching band! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (1,242 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@keiandra21 These are some pretty neat ideas. I would love to have more activities like these even if we can't go to school with our teens! At the moment teens are basically like adults except they go to HS, they don't really have anything specially for them...
Message 3 of 10 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Novice

that would be so awesome! there could also be more like teen rebellion actions rather than having the mood swings (as shown in parenthood).

Message 4 of 10 (1,180 Views)

Champion

And even though I didn't like TS3 much, I did love having my teens in TS3 go to the Prom! Heart  I wish this feature would return! Fingers crossed

Message 5 of 10 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@PugLove888I would very much like to see bunk beds added to TS4 for teen bedrooms (and for uni dorms as well) and the ability to have friendly, non-romantic sleepovers. There are already mods and CC for both of these things out there, but I would love to see it in an EA pack for Simmers who want these and prefer not to use mods/CC.

Message 6 of 10 (1,137 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness, true!  I don't use Mods or CC so I have to rely on what EA gives us! And then there are console players who can't use Mods or CC even if they want to! Disappointed

Message 7 of 10 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@PugLove888It is totally understandable why you didn't like TS3 very much, it was a very broken game (unless supplemented with many mods!), but I was always a big fan of it. I loved how the Generations EP seemed to focus more on children and teens than parenting. I agree with the original post here that there is still a lot of room for growth here for TS4. With Generations we got after-school activities like the sports team, drama club, debate team, school band, student newspaper, etc. Those were all great for increasing skill levels too. Like you I loved the high school prom and other school dances. There was even the big ceremony for High School graduation and your teen aged-up to young adult. That would make a perfect lead-in to Discover University. Oh and do you remember those collection hunts for younger children for school projects? Wow I loved those! Yeah, Sims 4 is pretty awesome but there is still a lot more they could do for teens and children I think.

Message 8 of 10 (1,109 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness, yes as a family player the TS3 Generations was one of my favorite packs! Heart  A lot more stuff for our Elders too!   I still love Parenthood in TS4, as it makes families seem more like real families and not just a bunch of roomies of differing ages!   Ideally, it would be best to have both Parenthood and Generations! Party hat

I love TS4 more than TS3, but my 2 biggest gripes with TS4 is that there isn't much to do with toddlers, children, teens, & elders Devil ; and the other is that we need more personality trait slots and more personality traits to fill them!  3 for Adults just isn't enough and one for children makes all children the same if you play with enough of them. Disappointed  This is one reason why I don't think pre-teens should be added to TS4, at least not until they fix what is lacking in toddlers, children, teens, and elders!  Raised eyebrow  But I think a teen pack would help a lot in fixing the problems, at least for the teens! Angel

Message 9 of 10 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 Maybe there could be a way to make a Teen pack that includes high school classrooms in a way that is fun and interesting? Each class could have various activities associated with base game skills, so maybe your teen could take drama club to increase skill gain in charisma or comedy, PE classes for athletic skills, art classes for painting, shop classes for handiness, etc. So for game-play, instead of following your adults to work, you could follow your teen to school.

They could add various types of school spirit days where your teen would have to complete different tasks, sort of like the random holidays from Seasons.

And of course a Llama mascot! :D

The pack could include a high school campus with classrooms, gymnasium, a cafeteria, and a few hangout spots nearby. I'd love to see things like the comic book store, The Grotto, and SimBurger from Uni Life make a comeback. They wouldn't need dorms, as your teens would still live at home, so maybe a Game Pack rather than a full Expansion Pack?

Btw- I thought the idea in Sims 3 University Life for attending lecture classes and interacting with the professor (for better grades or just to stay awake) was a good idea, but I agree they could have pulled it off better from the game-play perspective.

Message 10 of 10 (1,052 Views)