Re: A gigantic rug in stuck in my house. Help!

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

A gigantic rug in stuck in my house. Help!

★★★ Newbie

Through a crazy serious of events, I know have a gigantic rug stuck on the second floor of my house. What happened was I got it stuck on my sim’s head. When I got it off, went directly to the floor. I’ve tried to delete it. I’ve honestly tried most everything in my power. Since this project has done in a day. I haven’t saved it yet. I was gonna save it to the gallery (seems like a good idea right) and the rug was in the pictures. I am so distraught and hate that this have to my best ever house. Please, I need help. I’d be willing to download mods if needed. Just somehow to get my house back to normal.

Message 1 of 10 (6,622 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Use the sledgehammer in build mode to delete it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (6,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve tried that already. It’s glitched into the house from using cheats. Is there cheats to remove objects such as gigantic rugs?

Message 3 of 10 (6,579 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Here is a trick I picked up to get rid of things I cannot delete. I usually use it on things like puddles or burn/scorch marks.

But it will also work on 'things'.

In build mode select one of the free rooms. It can be smaller than the rug and still work.
Plop the room on top of the rug. That should move the rug to household inventory where it can stay or be sold,
Delete the free room and replace the floor tile.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 10 (6,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its possible the room is sitting on top of the rug. Try expanding the room so you can select it and dispose of it as you please. 

I hope this was helpful.

Message 5 of 10 (6,003 Views)

★★ Novice

You can sell it

Message 6 of 10 (5,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen Thank you
Message 7 of 10 (4,814 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried using the sledgehammer and it just removes everything on the floor in that room. Idk what else to do.

Message 8 of 10 (3,654 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Firstly try raising the height of the walls, make room on the floor so you can place another wall over the rug and then build that wall.  Lower that walls height and you should find that A LOT of things are magically placed back into a household inventory. It works for me, I can't explain it or even begin to understand it, but I stumbled upon it when I was accidentally placing walls with foundation when building on a lot in Sulani.  It was giving me all sorts of harvestables and removing nearby items when I lowered the walls height, most things nowhere near or connected to the wall itself.

If it works for you, then great, if not sorry and good luck.

Message 9 of 10 (3,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EuphorialQueen wrote:

Here is a trick I picked up to get rid of things I cannot delete. I usually use it on things like puddles or burn/scorch marks.

But it will also work on 'things'.

In build mode select one of the free rooms. It can be smaller than the rug and still work.
Plop the room on top of the rug. That should move the rug to household inventory where it can stay or be sold,
Delete the free room and replace the floor tile.

Placing a resized rug on any floor causes it to be permanent and you cannot use a sledge or cursor to remove.

This is the only thing that worked, thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,251 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help