Re: A Raccoon or Fox as a pet?

by PugLove888

Original Post

A Raccoon or Fox as a pet?

★★★★ Novice

I saw online something about how it might be possible to get a raccoon or a fox as a pet in Sims 4. I haven't really noticed any stray raccoons or foxes in my game. How do you do that? Do you look for one to tame? 

Message 1 of 6 (12,778 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Go out at night and look for them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (12,766 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jpkarlsen

Go out at night? Can you find them like this? :O

@knitsybitsy

What more you can do, is when you create a family or are in CAS, create a cat or a dog, and the fox is one of the smaller dog races, whereas the racoon is sorted as a cat Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (12,755 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@knitsybitsy

You can also make them sound like racoons or foxes (what does the fox say..?) by changing the voice in Make a Pet. So if you want to you could have a poodle with a fox voice, or a Siamese cat that sounds like a racoon! :D

fox.pngSkärmklipp3.PNG

Thanks @Phantomlover1717  :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 6 (12,741 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@CMeki
Most strays are out at night. No matter what kind they are.
I spent a night on the Island and it was crawling with strays.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 6 (12,726 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen, while this is true (in theory), especially on the island with all the strays (the one with the lighthouse and the pet cemetery), there is no guarantee you will have a fox or raccoon as one of your strays in your particular game.  I have yet to see either a raccoon or a fox stray in my game.  The chances of seeing one are slim.  It would be like if I wanted my Sims to have a Pug and went looking for a stray Pug -- it is simply easier to make the Pug in CAP, or in this case make a fox and raccoon in CAP! So while you offer a theoretical solution, @CMeki offers a more practical solution! Wink

Here are two pics of the Fox (Lady) and Raccoon (Rocky) that I made in CAP !  I named them after songs by Jimmy Hendrix  (Foxy Lady) and The Beatles (Rocky Raccoon)! :eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (12,710 Views)