Re: A Mod that turns off the Eco Lifestyle visuals

by CaptainMS01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Mod that turns off the Eco Lifestyle visuals

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Simmers so i know this may sound confusing. But is there a mod out there that turns off the northern light like visuals that swirl around a "Green" neighborhood. Or is there anyway to turn those off without impacting my games quality. because while I don't want to turn off Eco Lifestyle gameplay, my frames are really being eaten up by these effects. Sure i could turn down my overall graphics but the game runs fine everywhere else thank you. so if there's a mod that messes with unimportant visuals that would be most helpful

Message 1 of 4 (1,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@CaptainMS01 If you can't find a mod you can always use a cheat to get back to a neutral Eco footprint. You'd lose the green Eco footprint benefits but you'd also lose the glow visual effects. With testing cheats enabled enter this cheat code for the neighborhood you want to change (the change should happen instantly):

Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 1

Also note that this cheat will not cause a permanent change in the Eco footprint state, it's possible that the neighborhood could revert to Green over time. If that happens you can just use the cheat again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,588 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CaptainMS01 May want to check the "Mod the Sims" website to see what options are out there for removing effects in that pack.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (1,613 Views)

★★★ Expert

@CaptainMS01 If you can't find a mod you can always use a cheat to get back to a neutral Eco footprint. You'd lose the green Eco footprint benefits but you'd also lose the glow visual effects. With testing cheats enabled enter this cheat code for the neighborhood you want to change (the change should happen instantly):

Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 1

Also note that this cheat will not cause a permanent change in the Eco footprint state, it's possible that the neighborhood could revert to Green over time. If that happens you can just use the cheat again.

Message 3 of 4 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah I knew about the cheat and after browsing all sorts of places for any sort of mod that got rid of that awful glare caused by the Green eco footprint, That is what I ended up doing and disabled eco lifestyle gameplay. A pity yes but in the end I  think being able to have frames again on my above ground floors makes it a worthwhile tradeoff. Probably do need to invest in a more powerful PC but that's just way outta my budget lol.

Message 4 of 4 (1,523 Views)