A CRAZY IDEA

by mitsychiroptera

Original Post

A CRAZY IDEA

★★★★ Novice

Hi -

I know, this is going to sound crazy and probably impossible but I think it might be a cool idea. 

What would be great - is - a patch or something - that would/could allow you to use your houses/ Households from Sims 3 in all Sims 4... Because I know that there are great things in both versions, 3 has better customization in 3 with color and pattern design in building.  And better customizing your sim, better tattoos, etc. And Sims 4 has better building designing! 

Having said all that - do you know - that Sims 3 Pets is better then Sims 4 Pets - I know- I have both.  My cat (Satyen = satin) is in my Sims 3 game and was made in remembrance of my real cat who passed many years back.  She’s Beautiful! Because creating your pet in Sims 3 in every way is so much cooler and more  choices!  And the pet accessories are better too, and they’re more customizable!  
But I thought I could make a cool pet in Pets 4 but that took me 3 hours because I couldn’t do what Pets 3 offers - better collars, colors, body shaping , beds, feeders, toys, etc!  Oh! And Lifestyle Points for Sims and Pets.   Where you can Earn cool stuff - like - automatic pet groomer, etc! I   As, I've said, I've been playing Sims 3 with near 11 years on my laptop - I've played over 25,000 hours not including FreePlay or mobile!  I'm considered a Sims pro...

My sister got me into it as I have Cerebral Palsy!  Oh! I'm in my 50s and I've give this much, much thought.

What would be great - is - a patch or something - that would/could allow you to use your houses/ Households from Sims 3 in all Sims 4 - and maybe - the Sims 3 shop.

However, it's a crazy idea - a wild one - I know!

Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: A CRAZY IDEA

★★★★ Expert
@mitsychiroptera

It sounds like a great idea. However there are far too many differences. As you stated, the colors and pattern thing in 3 doesn't exist in 4. So, none of that could be moved over. NONE of the objects can come over. Not even the lots, houses, neighborhoods exist. Wallpaper, stoves, couches, nothing exists in 4 that was in 3.

Even CAS is completely different. The way the sims are designed is completely different. Colors, Hair, even how sims are shaped is completely different.

The two games are so basically and fundamentally different, I don't see how it's even the slightest bit possible.

Lol, It would be tremendous if it were possible though!
Message 2 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: A CRAZY IDEA

★ Expert

Whist the two games are incompatable to do what OP wants, it would be nice if they adapted some of the features from Sims 3 which were really good into the game for both nostaglia and more options.

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)