Betreff: 8th of February 2021 - Royal Romance Update - New features and calendar

by jayivy666

Original Post

8th of February 2021 - Royal Romance Update - New features and calendar

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is an excerpt of the Royal Romance Update blog notes.

Host a party in ANY house – available from 16 February

The team knows how much you love hosting and attending parties with friends! It’s time to show off all your building and interior decorating skills you’ve worked so hard on in the other locations your Sims live in! From the 16th of February you will be able to host a party in any of the house lots you own because there is no longer a designated house.

To host a party and experience it in any lot, your Sim must be moved into the home lot that you want to host the party at, and:

1. Press the arrow button on the right-hand side of the screen.

2. Press the Parties balloon icon and find “Host Weekly Party Here” button.

3. Select your theme! Don’t forget to add party decorations that match your theme for more group rewards! 

Group reward progress also stacks accumulatively now, instead of individually. At all other times, when you’re visiting other players’ neighborhoods, you’ll only be able to see their first main house. For more information on hosting parties, read The Sims Mobile party guide.

If you experience any bugs while hosting or attending parties, post the details on The Sims Mobile Official AHQ Forums.

Swap between any of your Sims in your neighborhood!

Have you reached your 4 playable Sims cap, or would just love to play as any passive Sim that lives in your neighborhood? Now it’s possible for you to play as any adult Sim, by swapping between the ‘playable’ and ‘passive’ state freely anytime without having to retire a Sim to free up more Sims slots!

Making a Sim ’passive’ frees up one Sim slot, so you can bring someone else in! There is no cost to make a Sim active again, but they will start with no energy (so they might need a tasty cupcake to help them out!)

Find your family portrait by either clicking on the Lot Adress in the Neighborhood view, or click on you’re the framed version that is hopefully hanging up somewhere special in your home (you can find it in the Build/Buy menu under ‘Decorations’ tab and ‘Wall Decorations’). From here, click on a Sim and select either ‘make passive’ or ‘make playable’. That’s it! In the Family Portrait, you can now also see which relationships, stories, careers and hobbies each Sim has.

A few extra notes to add:

1. A Sim can’t be made passive if they’re currently completing an event.

2. Children cannot be made playable, but they can be, once they become an adult!

3. Sims with a blue coloured plumbob cannot be made playable.

4. A Sim that has previously been retired cannot be made playable.

5. There hasn't been made any changes to the usual way you’d retire a Sim! The retirement option will still appear once your Sim gets all traits, but you can choose to ignore the pop up and delay retirement.

For more information about this update watch @rachybop 's videos here:

Thanks to EA Game Changers and Firemonkeys for providing early Beta access. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 1 of 5 (1,240 Views)

Re: 8th of February 2021 - Royal Romance Update - New features and calendar

[ Edited ]
Hero

New projects will be added to the Eco Workshop. My list is updated if you want to see all items that can be crafted. https://www.salixcat.com/quest-week/list-of-items-eco-workshop/ 

EcoWorkshop feb2021.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,207 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: 8th of February 2021 - Royal Romance Update - New features and calendar

★★ Pro
@SalixCat Thanks! I am looking forward to this. 😁💗
Message 3 of 5 (1,197 Views)

Hero

I'm looking forward to switching my playable sims, since I got NPC family just hanging out on other lots and I'd like to see them doing something and going somewhere. :D 

However, going to wait for a while until I see how it actually goes and that there aren't some serious glitches with it. Don't want to lose my sims. 

Also it's going to be fun to see parties on other lots. Most of my own lots are more or less a mess but my Edgewater is quite presentable. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,129 Views)

Hero
@Ilois4 Crossing my fingers hoping all goes well. Waiting to see the list of bug fixes.

Message 5 of 5 (1,124 Views)