5/19 Updates to Spades HD

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

5/19 Updates to Spades HD

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

A big update for Spades HD went live today. Here’s a full overview of what’s new:

• Added Pro Game - Pro Games is the new terminology for the Classic Rated Game mode. This mode allows players to test their skills against other players using a more competitive ruleset. Games are faster, played to 350 Points with Fast Animations and a 30 Second Turn Timer. The How to Play guide in the game will also provide more detailed information about Pro Games. The How to Play guide in the game will also provide information about Pro Games.
  • Main Menu Layout Update
    The buttons and terminology have been updated to be clearer and we made Joining and Hosting two different options.
    • Quick Play option has been updated with two buttons, one to Quick Play against humans and one to Quick Play against Bots.
    • “Find a Friend” is now split into two menus. Players can Join a Game or Host a Game by clicking or tapping either option in the Main Menu.
    • Added Pro Game
  • Main Menu Layout Update
    To play and chat with friends players can follow these steps:

• From the main menu, click or tap the Join a Game button, which takes the player to the Join a Game menu.
    • Any games currently being played by friends will appear at the top of the page under the Friends’ Tables header.
    • Players can then filter through their Friends’ Tables by clicking/tapping on the box next to the “Filter By” text.
    • They can join their friend by clicking or tapping on the Join button next to their friend’s game.
    • Once in the game, you’ll see the chat box on the right side of the table.

To host a custom game for friends to join players can follow these steps:

• From the main menu, click or tap the Host a Game button, which takes the player to the Host a Game menu.
    • Players can now set up all the settings they want under the Table Settings, Game Settings and Advanced Settings tab. When the player is ready they then click or tap Play Now.
    • The host will then be taken into the game and will see the Wait for Players prompt. The host needs to wait at this screen till their friends or other players join. Once they are ready to start the game they click or tap Start Game.

Note: Players are not able to join the game after the host clicks or taps Start Game.
  • Update Review Table Settings Option - When players use the Review Table Setting option they will notice that irrelevant settings are no longer shown in the Review Table Settings menu. (e.g. Nil Bid minimums won’t be shown when Nil Bids are disabled)
  • Stability Improvements and Bug Fixes

Source: Pogo Forums

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 6 (626 Views)

Re: 5/19 Updates to Spades HD

Oof, I definitely need to stop skipping the tutorials. Usually I'm fairly good at whatever but my scores kept dipping into the negatives here Embarrassed

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 6 (605 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy I hear ya! I'd often skip tutorials and go straight into "learning by doing" mode ... which isn't always the best approach for me as I've learned the hard way. But I found the tutorials really helpful and have been getting a lot better since I've been playing them. Party hat 

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quickly and your scores will be back up in no time! Standard smileThumbs up

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (590 Views)

★ Novice

HD Spades can we return to the previous version at least until this version has been checked and tested to be 100% I think this inferior version is chasing players away as i see less and less people playing. We need to be able to see table options before joining so we know if it a game with high 2s or any other custom setting

Message 4 of 6 (476 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I fix it when it stays on the 'Connecting to server' screen. I get that far and it just sits there. I haven't been able to do the daily badge because of it. And I use Microsoft Edge, have been for a very long time, and this is a brand new computer. So I know there is nothing wrong on my end. 

Message 5 of 6 (450 Views)

Hey there, @WolfMindyKitten

There were some known connectivity issues with Spades HD on Monday, which have since been resolved. Can you give it a try now and let me know how it goes?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (413 Views)