Re: 3rd of February 2020 - Sweet Treat Showdown "Dessert for two"

by Ilois4

Original Post

Hero

Now I have the treats to open the last boxes but thinking of playing the last 4 challenges to get some stuff 🤔 🤞 

I bought the 3000ST pack with the Starlight tree & candles. The items are ok but I was hoping the tree would sparkle. It just glows 💡😆

- Simoleons used: 30 500

- Simoleons gained: 22 600

- cupcakes used 12

- 4 burned desserts

I played most of the time carefully, so not sure if the challenges were easier or not. Got burnt twice with 94% chance.. 🤦‍♀️ Extra percentages from ads gave chances to secure the percentages closer to 100%.

I have patience to wait for the grand prizes but baking is boring 😬 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 81 of 91 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@JustJazzy81  schrieb:
@jayivy666Oh where do we see them? I haven't seen the upcoming ones yet

It is on youtube: 

Channel: The Firemonkeys

Title:  Sims TV -11- The Sims Mobile-Night Day update

From the date: 04.02.2020 😊💓 at the end of the video is a short preview of the next STS.

Like a house outdoorgate 😂(idk the correct english word for it right now) and so on ..but you can also find more informations like givememore told with google..

And our dear heroes and gamechangers will preview it here early enough like allways .

The date of it is end of this months ..i think the 27.? It was? ..did forget the exactly date...but nice stuff which is worth to do it again i think....

Message 82 of 91 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Hello Everyone, 

I just want to throw out my first impressions of doing the STS using the Golden Ticket.  

(Yes, my curiosity got the better of me and I cracked & bought it)

I definitely think getting the Golden Ticket did help,

however I think the COST is ridiculously too expensive.  I would probably continue to buy it again in the future— but at Half what they are charging now.

I also really like the addition of the Free Ads & the use of the Gold Mixer.

Getting the extra %, the Life Tickets, Simoleans, Cupcakes etc.  helped me get further in the bake offs than I ever had in the past.  I even actually finished a couple Bake Off Challenges 😂

I finished this STS event  with several days left to go, BUT I foolishly didn’t think about holding back a few boxes to keep getting tokens until the end.  

Those would have been converted into simoleans eventually anyway.  Kicking myself for that.  

But, hey,  I didn’t know that since I only completed one STS in the past and it was down to the wire 😒 

My final impression is that even with the new additions, Gold Ticket, etc,  I, personally still find STS’s Events extremely Boring, Repetitive, &  Time Consuming  (I don’t want to be tied to my devices) &  lastly Too Expensive 

Wish FM  would alternate other successful past events or come up with some fresh new ideas for new fun events 🤞

Im assuming that this Gold Ticket thing is going to be a staple in the STS now, because it had to be a big money maker for EA imho and I don’t see it ending any time soon & especially after seeing the preview for the upcoming STS Mansion prize Items 🙄

But Kudos to FM for the Transparent Window & Day/Night Cycles 👏   At least we know they are open to our suggestions! 

Message 83 of 91 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@katclawsx3Yes the prizes for the upcoming STS are nice.

I am also having mixed feelings about it...

Totally understand you.

It was such an up and down with all the different winning rates and number of boxes.

But i have to say that In the oldschool box events you also had to pay same price like the golden ticket now.

And you had only bunch of premium boxes or the small ones.

There were two sorts of box packs.

It is not much overpriced but more fair prices generally since there are now every  or all few months new packs would be generally playerfriendly.

😊

Well for the price of the golden ticket i am ok, but a bit cheaper would also make me more happy 😁 so....

Please Firemonkeys give us better prices....if you offer more of fair priced packs more people will buy and i bet you make a better win.

Good for us players and  good for the studio.

Message 84 of 91 (520 Views)

Hero

Little update to my STS: I did the four challenges and collected the grand prizes 👍 For a moment I was worried since the server went down before the last challenge and quite soon after finishing the showdown it was down again 😬

Some more statistics

- 7 round challenges: 16

- 9 round challenges: 13

- 10 round challenges: 17

+ tutorial round

During challenges gathered

- 24 100 Simoleons

- tickets: 18 life, 7 lux and 14 super

- 27 fashion gems

- 8 simcash

& watched +200 ads

And like previously mentioned I spent 30 500 Simoleons & 12 cupcakes.

This time I got more 10 round challenges 😮 And the burn rate was less than 10% 😮

I played almost half of the challenges before I started to really gather extra items from ads since I was thinking that I have to be sure I have enough ads for all the challenges during that day.. 😬🙄😄

With the ads in the challenge and with these odds&playing safe, the grand prizes can be achieved with quite small amount of resources since you’re able to gather at least some of it back. Still, not saying it’s easy or fun.. I spend quite a lot of time doing the challenges and calculating 🙄 So you need time and patience.. Yet, there’s no guarantees 🙄And all the odds can be quite the opposite on the next STS 😬

Hoping also to get some fun event 🤞

Message 85 of 91 (508 Views)

★★ Pro
@Ilois4 You are really doing it fine...☺ sounds good.

I prefer to buy eventtickets because of all the time it needs without...and maybe because i am a bit to lazy often 😂😂😂😂
Message 86 of 91 (498 Views)

Hero
@jayivy666 Nothing wrong with using the ticket 🎫 or simcash for that matter. 😊

I checked some of the options the golden mixer was giving and there were also actions like 1500 simoleons with 6 sugarcubes. So one has to pay attention with that one too, so you don’t accidentally use your sugars for items when you need them for percentages. But I believe all the people who bought the ticket (and had no technical issues) also got the grand prizes 🤞 Hoping at least 😄

I’d probably try the ticket if it would cost max 5 euros. 😊

Message 87 of 91 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Ilois4Yes i also hope that more people completed it this time ☺

But i saw a lot of friends in  game from my list who got it this time..that is great

That would be nice if the golden ticket would drop with its price.
Off course...

I am guessing they will not do this.
But who knows...lets just hope that all prices gets more fair.
It is all really a way too expensive atm...well my opinion...
That is why i opened a thread for it...

If we do not tell it ....nothing gets changed...

And i also want to say something positive:

I totally understand that a lot of people are frustrated cuz of some new changes...

But at least they brought a golden ticket.
In earlier events you also had to pay same price for to open extra boxes but the number of them was limited in this eventset.(the oldschool box event)

Well like i said opened a seperate thread for it.

I am hoping they will find a way that more people can enjoy it.😊💖

Message 88 of 91 (446 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jayivy666 Yup next one is right on my bday! Or day after for us here in Australia, so the 28th as we are a day ahead 😊

You think since fire monkeys is in Melbourne Australia we would get ours on the 27th 😂😂😂
Message 89 of 91 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@JustJazzy81Haha that was an insider 😂😂

Oh your biththday...😊good to know

Message 90 of 91 (372 Views)