30th of December 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Event - Step it up

by SalixCat

Original Post

Re: 30th of December 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Event - Step it up

★★★★★ Pro

@SalixCat 

Glad to hear that you are still enjoying the event.  
Ive been playing half-heartedly, the way I usually do. 

My strategy is to NEVER  buy extra Sugar Cubes or use SimCash or Cupcakes - unless I’m caught in a real bind & will lose the sugar cookie tokens I’ve worked for.  

I occasionally use Simoleans to pick up a few extra Cookie Tokens.  Also, I never do the Bake Offs with less than 94%.  Usually I only play to about the 5th or 6th level & then Quit & Collect.   Not much of a strategy, but since I don’t care for these STS to begin with, I’m trying to make the best of it.  
It seems really dumb [to me] that there’s very limited opportunities during the Bake Offs to get  Cookie tokens or Crowns to begin with.  
Seriously, it’s like I’m buying the prizes in a round about way anyway, so it doesn’t feel much like I’m “winning” anything.  At the very least EA/FM should be upfront about it instead of telling us that STS are real events, instead of a money-making guise.  

I’d rather save up Simoleans to start working on a second home & lot. etc.  

I really only liked the sports bra anyway, but ended up liking the Squishy Mat too, since it seems to work OK as a rug with decent colors.
I’d be more than happy to skip all the athletic shoes & clothes in lieu of some really nice heels & dress up/ business casual clothing & jewelry. 

My suggestion for a good Grand Prize would be to

Smash a Pie in Patty’s face.  
I’d probably go all in for that.  😂😂😂

Message 51 of 75 (680 Views)

★★★ Pro
@katclawsx3 I love that suggestion at the end, instead of giving her a hug after you fail, we can hit her with a pie instead. BRILLIANT 😂🤣😂
DEVS make that happen.
Message 52 of 75 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@katclawsx3 

I enjoy making event guides. I play through these events because I want to get all the items and also because I want to see how they work, eventually find a bug 

I would like to see more events where players can plan and choose the rewards they want and do not depend on probability. The best example is the Halloween event where we had a prize meter to unlock prizes and event currency to purchase items of our choice. This is the kind of event that in my opinion defines TSM.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 53 of 75 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86Hello ! This looks very nice...you designed it very nice. ☺

Allways still watching here and reading when i am having the time beside freeplay events....

(Btw won also the glam mansion with all the items on freeplay and three glam cars but that was pretty hard 😂😂😂😂 but did not spend real cash.. saved free social points to finish it..ye off topic again lol )

I think i will host a party at the next weekend on TSM....because i am missing it a bit... but will not bake at all or wumple....

I like the style of your rooms ...

Greetings

Message 54 of 75 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SalixCatHello! I agree to this...that would be a reason for myself to play TSM again more.

There were all sorts of items ..hair...clothes ..furnitures..it was allways exciting and a lot of fun..and if you did it good you got all of them in one event.

Greetings ☺

Message 55 of 75 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Ahh and btw...will we get an oldschool whirpoolevent again?

It was a lot of fun and also a lot of work to collect all whirpools to get the golden one finally...

I hope i did not collect em now for nothing...

Got all and was really with patience looking forward for the next chance to get the golden one finally...normally it was allways after xmas...and i was so disappointed that there was then the baking at the start of january...

Well i hope so...

Message 56 of 75 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@SalixCat wrote:

@katclawsx3 

I enjoy making event guides. I play through these events because I want to get all the items and also because I want to see how they work, eventually find a bug 

I would like to see more events where players can plan and choose the rewards they want and do not depend on probability. The best example is the Halloween event where we had a prize meter to unlock prizes and event currency to purchase items of our choice. This is the kind of event that in my opinion defines TSM.

@SalixCat  

ITA  I would love nothing more than to go back to the way events like Halloween & original WinterFest were done.  I loved the timeline meter & knowing what I was working towards.  And the prizes were really well thought out to fit the event!  

I don’t know how we can drive that point home to the developers, but I hope they will reconsider and at the very least,  alternate those type of events with these STS events (if we must have them at all).  

Anyway, thanks for all you do for us— even if it’s just listening to us rant.  ❤️ ~ kat 

Message 57 of 75 (595 Views)

★★★ Pro

According to the blog from TSM the next STS is laundry 2.0 and it's going to be on January 19th and it's going to run for 11 days. So we know they are going to do this STS again. All I know, is that they are losing players not just that, paid players I know this because I lose approximately 10 players every 30 days. These are paid players because I seen their homes and they bought packs for furniture and items. They don't care much, and they just keep on going. If I don't have friends throwing parties, I have to search for parties and they're always Noobs. I predict the next STS following the next STS is going to be Valentine's Day theme. And I can't say that I'm excited for it. We are in STS Purgatory.

I have thought about improvements to STS for a few days now. These are my thoughts:

1. Lower the fail rate

2. Make four bake offs every day instead of three

3. Bring back the two prize boxes that can be purchased with tokens through STS

4. The 25 regular token drop needs to be every time you finish an event. And they should add random Royal token drops

5. The non bake off events should have a makeover too, Home Sweet Home 2 royal tokens, 120 regular tokens, 600 simoleons. The two short events: Posh Pastry Class and Flavor Lab should have 1 Royal, 60 regular tokens and 350 simoleons.

20200112_173714.jpg

I'm sick of paying for my prizes, I don't win prizes I pay for them.

Message 58 of 75 (586 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am pretty happy the way my gym looks now. The exercise ball is nice not only you can you sit on it, you can read to your children with it.

20200113_122843.jpg

Message 59 of 75 (573 Views)

Hero
@givememore86 Who's turn is it today to do the laundry?😀

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 60 of 75 (559 Views)