Re: 28th of September 2020 - The 'University of Britechester' Treasure Hunt

by jayivy666

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My first impressions. Please, correct my calculations if they are wrong.

You need 4680 coins and 1150 bunnies to open all the prizes.

It makes 425 coins and 105 bunnies per day.

When I first calculated it seemed to me a huge amount of resources. But today I earned 554 coins and 220 bunnies. Apart from the event activities and llama zooms, I also made two shifts at the eco lab.

This event is the contrary of STSs: it's time consuming, but not necessarily resources consuming. STS is not time consuming, while you need to spend a lot of resources to win the grand prize.

It is a good addition from the game creators, because any of the two style of players you are (spend time vs spend money) if they alternate the two type of events, you have some event that can satisfy you. 

Message 21 of 57 (513 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you the guide and all the analysis. The event is so far so good, though without everything here it would be tough to know what's the best way to do this.

Message 22 of 57 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello again! 😁

Well i also wanted to give a feedback in between, with a small review for the treasure pack:

I really like this treasure hunt.

I bought the treasure pack for 9,99 $!

If you think about if you want to buy it, i say it is worth the cash.

I am very good in time now!

I used all the simcash for to get more golden bunnies.

Was also lucky on guessing the right spot for the bunnies, when i was out of Simoleons lol.

9 days left and i have finished the student bar!

I need 2930 tokens and 650 golden bunnies now to get the big treasure prize.

Off course you still need to keep your sims treasure hunting but it gives you a big jump to get all the prizes.

The student bar is epic. You can also spot it outside!

The sofa in the pack fits to all furnitures from the treasure hunt prizes. It completes the set and looks also pretty nice.

Hope that helped and good luck.

💖

Message 23 of 57 (465 Views)

@SalixCat Do you know if any of the items we get through this event have party point actions? Maybe the student bar and/or the pong pong table? Thanks for all you do, Cat.

Message 24 of 57 (435 Views)

Hero
@thecakeisaLIE82 Hi 😊 I finished Smallfry's quest last evening. I'll let you know as soon as I find out what items can be used in parties.
I think you're right. Those two could be party items.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 25 of 57 (416 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me too, I like this event so far.

Ty for the update and review jayivy! I was thinking about getting that but, being that this is the first time for this kind of event, I don't know if I need it.

I'm only through the first row! Maybe I do need it Disappointed ? I wish it came with more Simoleons since I still need a lot for land.

How far is everyone else? I've been doing the events and Llamazooms to get more chips and clues. Yet, I've also been working the Eco-shop for upgrades. After I unlock the sweater maybe I should focus on the treasure hunt.Wondering 

Message 26 of 57 (399 Views)

Hero
@Tom_kinh Yes, that's a good idea. Remember this event is time limited while the Eco Workshop items will eventually return.

Message 27 of 57 (397 Views)

Hero

@Tom_kinh @thecakeisaLIE82 @jayivy666 @kg122cin3h6t @Ilois4 

I have a couple of questions,

Did you get the second clues boost after completing step 6 of Smallfry's quest (10 clues)?

Did the number of clues went down to 8 later after finishing the quest?

Message 28 of 57 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Tom_kinhhi 🙂

Well if you would like to have all the prizes then it is worth to buy it. And you still need to calculate and do enough treasure hunting.

For me it was worth to buy the pack because i would like to have all the prizes.
I think it will be much harder without the pack.

And Salixcat is right. This is a time limited event and i also would go for this now.
But up to you.
Important is that you have fun.

Another hint: you need to take care that you get all the golden bunnies or you will not get the big treasure .the coins are easier to make. On step 6 of the quest you get that mission where you earn 40 bunnies. But it is 8 hours and you can only do it all 12 hours.
So you need to get the golden bunnies as much as you can. With gold!!!!!!

Good luck 🏆😀

Message 29 of 57 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SalixCatyes i get 8 plus now not 10!

I am on the last step not finished but i get 8!

I think thats normal you get 2 plus on on mission i think and on the other 8 plus. So its complete 10 but not in one mission. So if you make both you get 10! I think it works this way. Will watch on it exactly .

Message 30 of 57 (394 Views)