27th of February 2020 - Grand Mansion Sweet Treat Showdown

by SalixCat

Original Post

Re: 27th of February 2020 - Grand Mansion Sweet Treat Showdown

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Ok small feedback after 4 days of baking with the golden ticket:

I have to scold the studio a bit civilized!

I have opened 32 boxes so far. 

The last time i got 15 more at this time of the event with the golden ticket.

That is a lot less now...and i played carefully....if you do not do this you also do not win..

The winning rate is terrible this time. It arrived the deepest point in STS history ....

If this will not be better in the next STS i will not buy  the golden ticket again.

There are other ways in my life to spend my money with getting real fun for it.

Seriously!

That is totally money grabbing.....

I really started with fun.....and thought ok you failed ....next round please...and again and again.

I suppported this i was in a good mood and now its again disappointing.

Still 10 days left..gonna give you more feedback when i am done....

If i get done lol..even with the payed ticket..who knows 😂😂😂😂😂

We will see....

Greetings

Message 51 of 97 (706 Views)

★★★ Pro
@jayivy666 I also noticed this too, I am playing extremely safe and cashing out really early. I lose mostly on one or two rounds even when I add cubes to the percentage. Out of 14 games I have lost seven. I would be devastated if I bought the golden ticket and not get to the end and get the grand prize and time enough to farm out extra games. The reviews on the golden ticket for the last time it was offered in STS they seem to say that they were opening 22 boxes on the first day, that pretty much made me think that this was a really good thing to buy, but hearing what you have to say makes me a little worried. I will try the ticket myself, but this review scares me a little. But I do agree with you this time around Patty is taking no prisoners and the fail rate is even higher.
Message 52 of 97 (683 Views)

★★ Pro
@givememore86 Yes..i am allways honest and say what i think.
If the studio makes an epic job i also do say this and supoort it with a bit payment.

Sorry to hear that this is also happening to you.

I am guessing now that this is also happening to more of us sadly.

Thanks for your feedback and i will keep on baking, and let you all now at the end of this event how it was.

😊good luck!

Message 53 of 97 (640 Views)

★★★ Pro

I guess the coolest thing you could do with this STS is to make your sims dress up and have a MURDER MYSTERY PARTY theme.

20200303_152719.jpg

I think it's the escaped mental patient.

Message 54 of 97 (619 Views)

★★ Pro
@givememore86 I like it. Sweet idea 😊
Message 55 of 97 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Ok, well 9 days left still one baking try this day left and i have opened 43 boxes.

Got all prizes..only the rare one from the small boxes is missing.

The problem is that you have to go over 93 % to get sure that you are safe without failing it ,and that lowers your chance to get to the last round even with 6 sugar cubes more from the golden ticket. They lowered the worth from them with dropping the win rate at 93 %.

Lowers the whole winning rate a lot.

And you have allways the choice to buy sugar cubes for simcash. But i am not interested in this because i allready played an event ticket.

Gold donkey allert 😂

And i noticed that they lowered the free sugar rate on the pro mixer.

In the last STS with the golden ticket it gave more free sugar. Now you have to pay it also. With your sugar cubes.You get it still free in between but most of the time you can choose to get 18 % for 2 sugar cubes (sc) instead of 4  sc and sometimes, but that is rare,  you get 50 % for 6 sc.

And the free sugar dropped. Thats not so often anymore. And you only get 10 % then for free or 8%.

I am wondering how it is working without the golden ticket?

Givememore also allready told that that it is harder.

Maybe some persons without the ticket can say  a bit more exactly about how it is working for them. Would be interesting!

Message 56 of 97 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@jayivy666I think your assessment is correct, but I also think you have to aim for 95% instead of 93%. I'm generally going 100% from rounds 4 to 7 because I'm not taking any chances. I'm generally losing on rounds one, two, or three even when I put cubes down. 92% is almost definitely a loss when it comes to the first three rounds on my game. So yes it is tougher. You have doubled my amount a box is opened I have about twenty one. Even using strategy for the seven rounders is not working. I don't even go to the last round like I did in the past and yet I'm failing more. My strategy on this STS is to cash out early, but yet I'm still failing at lower levels and sometimes I'm like it's not even worth me dropping simcash on this. I'm going to continue to play to see if I can get the grandfather clock if I don't get it in two more days I'm just going to farm the rest.
The troll of Reddit claims they already done, I guess it's easy when you have a unlimited simcash. But that's none of my business. 🤣🤪🙄
What I hate is the ads during most of my rounds being only 2%. WTF am I going to do with 2%, I don't even drink 2% milk I drink full fat. WTF is 40 tokens? Come on now I'm not going to look at that ad. Put more meat on my ads and then maybe I'll use them okay Firemonkeys. Very occasionally I might get an ad for one royal token, but I haven't been seen that since day one. I'm happy is that I'm not really feeling most of these items, because I'm not getting most of these items I'm getting colors. Extremely frustrating. My house is full and I have a lot of 75-point items my parties always get to level 10 so I think I'm okay. Glass is not even halfway full on this STS this time. Thank you though for telling me your honest opinion of the golden ticket. Keep spreading your truth it helps a lot for not just me, but for everyone else.

Message 57 of 97 (539 Views)

Hero

Hello,

I’ve played now 18 challenges + tutorial:

- 7 rounds: 8

- 9 rounds: 10

- no 10 rounds yet

Spent 10 500 Simoleons and gained 9 500, so almost even on Simoleons. 👍 I’ve used 12 cupcakes, this was mostly since I wanted to buy the male butler outfit pack with Royal tokens. Now I have household of butlers 😄 

I got first only couple of 7 round challenges and then quickly 9 round challenges and now I’m getting 7 rounds with Alden and he seems ruthless.. 😬  All in all, I’ve burnt 4 desserts and 3 of those with Alden 🤨 

I haven’t got the monocle, bathtub or that bush yet. But from these I’d mostly like to have the monocle.. but getting colors after colors. 🙄

I got the tokens to buy the other pack. Still thinking if I should aim more for the grand prize, since someone here said that later one might regret not getting some prizes since the prizes felt useless at the time of the event. I’ve reached my goal to buy the Landgraab lot so the grand prize would fit there even if I’m not that into the grand prize. 🤔 

7BE4080F-F2F1-4E26-8E81-4F7992E92211.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 58 of 97 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86Yes that is correct..i only play safe with over 93 % or its almost not makeable. I do this.

And because i have payed the eventticket i want to make it and get this set.

My plan is destroyed to get it chilled lol....

I think the STS has arrived its darkest hour on the winning rate this time.
It is not play and win its like an event for simcash millionairs 😂😂😂😂😂

Sorry 😊 but it is really feeling like this....

I feel sorry for all of you if you do not get some good prizes.
I hope it will work.

Maybe i am gonna name my next child Hope during a STS ..lol...😉

Ye i hope the next STS will work for you better.

Message 59 of 97 (495 Views)

★★ Pro
@Ilois4 I really would try to get it if you have the big lot now 😊 good luck illois 💕💖
Message 60 of 97 (493 Views)