Re: 27th of February 2020 - Grand Mansion Sweet Treat Showdown

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat I don't know what to do, do I start the tutorial until I get the settings? I'm reading what people are doing and it doesn't seem really promising. My account was connected to EA and Google Play. I do have a picture of me winning the Wumples suit but it didn't take a picture of my current STS standings but I was two Royal boxes away from Grand Prize. I had six more bake off games in order to make 20 Royal tokens which is doable. I am devastated. I will keep you guys posted hopefully they look give me the stuff that I miss but I'm not going to believe it until I see it. I had two of the people is that where hit with the reset bug in my friends list one of them being famous and I can't remember the other persons name. I don't know if that is a factor in my game getting reset bugged maybe it is maybe it isn't. It's scary nonetheless.
Message 81 of 97 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I was not able to restore from the cloud. My game kept on leveling up to level six. Made me go to Marketplace I did what it told me to so that I can get the sidebar to internally open up my case through the game. I put in a ticket with customer service they made me email it I was not able to get phone service for some reason even though I'm on a mobile phone. I got a case number. I also put in a bug report for my problem on this website. I am assuming that I'm going to have to wait until the next update in order to play again. I am not going to do this whole thing again and start from the beginning. I put too much time, real money, sleepless nights doing what I have to do to get all of the extra items from STS and Wumples and also Maxis quest I put a lot of time into this game. I do not want to start all over. Thank you to the TSM community your empathy makes me feel a little bit better. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the next update.

Message 82 of 97 (523 Views)

★★★ Pro

To everyone

Please make sure that you were connected to everything, EA, Google Play, Facebook, Twitter. I personally was connected to EA and Google Play. Even if you are connected, take a look anyway. The game has a tendency to unconnect you. So periodically take a look at your game and make sure you are connected. Every time I get a new update I get kicked off of either EA or Google Play. I hope no one else gets affected by the reset bug.

Message 83 of 97 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@givememore86 

Im so sorry for all the frustration you’re going through because of this issue and I really hope EA & FM. will get you back all the time, resources & progress you’ve lost.  
I lost progress from the February 2018 update & still am recovering.  So I feel your pain.
 It took 2 phone calls to help me get back to a point where my game was at least playable.  1st rep did nothing more than apologize & off 500 Sim Cash (nothing compared to where I was at). & told me I’d basically lost everything even though I WAS connected to the Game Center 

2nd rep. was amazing!  Kristoffer (last name escapes me) helped restore much of my game which was better than nothing.  

Again, sorry for all you’re going through & hope it’s resolved quickly!  

Ive taken screenshots of my STS progress so far 

& my Sim in her Wumples outfit—- just in case

Hugs ~ kat 

Message 84 of 97 (485 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@givememore86  it's terrible that it happened to you! We had the bunny suit quest a lot because of you. 

Super sad, I am so sorry for you. 

I would feel like you. I wouldn't start all over again if I lost my progress.

Terrible that after so many months EA is not able to fix this bug.

Message 85 of 97 (468 Views)
Highlighted

@givememore86 I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm so grateful the game waited with this after you got the bunny suit! My God, if you of all people didn't get a bunny suite I don't think what I'd do. Confused

I've merged your post with the others over here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Game-Resetting-To-Level-1/m-p/8798809#M15185 

I hope it will be resolved soon! Heart

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 86 of 97 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86

Omg ...i do not know what to say now...

💖💕 i really hope a lot that that you get it back...

I had that also longer ago. I had to wait 4 days then i got it back...

And excuse may i ask if you did open the menu to connect to your account again?

Because you need to connect again to your google account or whatever you use. Then it shows you a window..one is the new account data and the other the old one. You have to choose the right data. That is very imporant for to not loose your account!

I am guessing you know it if not i hope it will help.

And during the tutorial you can not get into this menu untill you can connect again. For to download your data by the connecting choice to your account. Date is getable once you can connect to your account. Not earlier!

When you can open the menu for account connecting.

I hope it works...💖💕

Message 87 of 97 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Phantomlover1717thank you, when I made the bug report I didn't know where to put it. I guess I have to wait until the next update. But at least I have proof that I got the bunny suit. I did put in my game all the items that I received from this current STS. So I'm thinking, hopefully I don't lose all the items. I can't imagine that they can lose everything if it's already displayed in my game. I made sure that if I opened up a new item during STS I was going to place it somewhere on my lot because I've seen older bug reports that people don't get the items and they got the same color over again. My strategy worked but I didn't get the same color over again, but I lost my game. I just hope that I don't have to start all over again, because if that happens I'm done completely. Doing that roommate race seems annoying. I had four active Sims. I had also purchased another lot also known as my sim storage unit. I bought the piano with real money, I've bought simcash through NYE pack, that special beginner's pack that the TSM Community helped fight for everyone to get, both makeup packs and probably other packs and I'm not thinking about. I upgraded my bed, shower, bathtub to get the maximum amount of energy. I had a fish tank, a t-shaped room which I think is the best room to get if you're looking to buy a shape room. That amazing Christmas tree from the last Christmas STS, I finished the Valentine's STS. Yeah I put a lot of work into this game. Bugging you about the BUNNY SUIT every two minutes, but we both think that's worth it so win-win. 🤣

Message 88 of 97 (386 Views)

@givememore86 It seems the next update is going to fix this issue. Which will be next week from what I can tell.
I'd probably be done too if I lost everything. It's so hard to get all those items and you can't buy so many of them.
Hope we don't have to miss you! Fingers crossed

Any news probably will be posted on Twitter, like this:
https://twitter.com/TheSimsMobile/status/1235351736916692992

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 89 of 97 (381 Views)

★★★ Pro
@jayivy666 when you get reset to level 1 you can't get to the settings part of the game, normally it asks if you want to restore from the cloud but with the reset bug you don't get that option it reset you completely like your brand new person. So I played the tutorial it asked me to go to Marketplace and then all of a sudden it started leveling me up I went from Level 1 to level 6 in a matter of seconds. As soon as that happened I was able to open the sidebar and make a report to EA in game which I needed to do. I was able to get a case number which I wrote down and I also wrote down the time that I made the report. The report happened at 11 a.m. March 11th so I know I need to get my game reset to March 10th hopefully after I got that bunny suit. I purposely did not connect EA or Google Play to this bugged out game. Because if I did that it could possibly over run the save that I had in my level 50 game. After I did that I shut my game, took TSM off my screen, went to settings forced stop, clear cache. Now I just have to wait.
Two other people that were on my friends list, Rainey and Famous we're both had with the reset glitch. Now I'm at the next casualty. #SimsGlitchOfDeath
Message 90 of 97 (374 Views)