Re: 27th of February 2020 - Grand Mansion Sweet Treat Showdown

by givememore86

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello!

Well i think the prizes are absolutly Ok! Some of them are nice.

But we had a Spa last time and now there is a bathtub....hm... ok ...

The build of this mansion items will cost a lot of gold. I am pretty sure it will be expensive sadly.

And another point is that it steals free spots from your lot.

When you place it there is less spot for all the partyitems and so on.

I really would like to see this objectlimit problem will get fixed.

For me everytime when i build my house new its a small fight...Objectlimit arrived!!!!!!

We are getting tons of new items and do not even have space for them..

Or can not afford them after we had to play 14 days for it?

And this is my big problem here...

Good points:

I like the Butleroutfits and nice that the golden tickets is getable again.

Hm...i hope it will be fun but i will not stress me..

To be honest i am looking more forward to the Wumple costume now.

I am gonna gamble ..no question but i really do not now if i will finish this one.

Message 11 of 97 (726 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Ilois4 Yes, I have noticed to but the amount of ads have gone down. I don't think it's a coincidence that I have noticed it too. From my research they only get a certain amount of ads per day for app. They divided among active users and if they use up all the ads there is none to give out. But that doesn't seem logical to me, because it seems like there's less players playing the game at this time. I only get new players when I have to search for a party if my friends are not throwing a party. Maybe the app hoards all that ads because they know that people are going to use them for the Bake Off in STS. I also noticed that it is hard for me to get my extra Royal in the home event even though I know when the ads reload in my time zone. I even wait for the ads to pop up in the mailbox before I end my event and yet I fell at this at least 50% of the time during STS and don't get the extra Royal. It's really frustrating. And people still don't realize that the app gets paid pretty decent money for people to run ads on their devices. This is why they put ads in the Bake Off. It's not necessarily to help the players, it's to help them generate income.
Message 12 of 97 (715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86i was looking forward to it and now i am not sure if i will buy this time the golden ticket....i am gonna try it for first one day without....

And all the fences are small....will cost more gold and objectspot on your lot....

Bunnysuitttttt please 😁😁😁😁😁

Ah and thanks for the informations Cat 😊💖

Message 13 of 97 (707 Views)

★★★ Pro
@jayivy666 If you do by the golden ticket, make sure you have no Bake Offs in your queue otherwise you will lose them. I know you got the ticket before but I learned through some reviews that you would lose any remaining Bake Offs if you purchase the pack right away, because you will get six Bake Offs automatically and you will lose the remaining bake offs that you have. I say buy the ticket if you're interested in getting the grand prize, but if you're not is probably a waste of money. I was planning to buy the ticket myself but I don't want to get this grand prize so badly. Maybe next time. I still don't know if it is worth buying, but from what I gather people who got the ticket got the grand prize.
Message 14 of 97 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86Thanks😊

Yes..i will finish all open bake rounds before i start the golden ticket (before i will buy it..well if... idk atm...will see.)
I will decide that on the second eventday...

Message 15 of 97 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Plus it is so interesting to see how in the Wumples Wishlists and in the Sweet Treat Showdown there are in most cases poor and crappy prizes but in the paid packages there are the best hairstyles and the best clothing. Lol.

just look at that horrible braid hairstyle that was put as a grand prize in the previous STS.

Message 16 of 97 (689 Views)

★★★ Pro
@FreezerSim LMAO, I actually like the braided hairstyle from the last STS, I threw in simcash to get the grand prize because of it. I like that it has multiple multi colors it looks good with the fairy dresses. Just like the outfits you got to style the hair. I'm sure there's a lot of people who finished the last one just for the hair. Of course the packs are going to have amazing hair and it's premium for a price. I guess we all have different tastes. 😍
Message 17 of 97 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know, I can agree with you because the concept of that hair is good, but the realization was really bad, it seem to be poorly detailed and in some part give the impression of being dirty hair. The rendering is not so good. (This is my opinion of course) :3

Message 18 of 97 (663 Views)

Hero

The braided hairstyle was added as a prize to that event because players asked for it. It is a casual and colorful hairstyle, a new addition to our CAS collection. I'm not crazy about it, but I like the idea of having a variety of CAS items.

Now, based on my experience with the previous event, I am going to get the Pro ticket. I completed last STS on day 14. I played every second day because I was very busy so I did the 6 challenges and didn't use cupcakes or watched ads on the special events. My ads were used exclusively on the last rounds of bake offs. 

Oh... my Sims burnt so many cakes that I had lost all hope but in the end I got all the prizes.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 19 of 97 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SalixCat

I didn't know that about the hair, but that was the reason why I spent 140 simcash, 60k simoleons, 26 cupcakes and I failed 13 times. I did play with a bit of risk, that's probably why I failed so many times. But I also do believe that the fail rate was higher and you needed to go high 90s in order to pass each round. I also have a theory that if you use ads it actually increases your risk so I used them sparingly. People who have bought the pack have told me that they do not feel that the fail rate was actually lowered when they bought it, but they did like the perks that they got. 140 simcash seems like a lot of money for STS, but I got a reserve of them because I bought the NYE pack and I'm still good with simcash. I finished the event on the 13th day, but I hustled for it. I'm definitely going to try the ticket out the next time I'm actually interested in the grand prize. I already made up for the amount of simoleons that I spent on the last STS, so I'm ready to go. The only reason why I didn't post my results on the last one I was embarrassed that people would think that I spent way too much simcash.

Message 20 of 97 (629 Views)