Re: 27th of February 2020 - Grand Mansion Sweet Treat Showdown

by Ilois4

Original Post

27th of February 2020 - Grand Mansion Sweet Treat Showdown

[ Edited ]
Hero

A new Sweet Treat Showdown event starts the 27th of February.

Event duration: 15 days.

The Sweet Treat Pro ticket will be available for $9,99USD.

The Fan Fave Quest will also be available and will award extra tokens.

Grand Prize:

1. Grand Gate
  2. Grand Wall
  3. Grand Fence
  4. Grand Foliage Fence
  5. Grand Pillar

SimplySplendidPack-1.jpg

BestDressedButlerPack-1.jpg

GrandMansionPacks-1.jpg

Thanks to EA Game Changers and Firemonkeys for this information.

Thanks @Phantomlover1717 for the Sims 4 images Heart

Additional information 28th of February 2020

Here's the butler outfit from the pack.

btw, the statuette can be placed on top of the pillar, it's a finial exactly as the pineapple one.

SmartSelect_20200228-124649_The Sims.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 1 of 97 (2,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The only prize I like is the grandfather clock.

The grand prize... I don't like it so much, But I don't despise it either.

All the rest is just not worth AT ALL.

Regarding the grand prizes I am seriously worried about the walls and fences, I can already imagine how much it will be expensive to be able to make a fence around the whole lot. Paying one by one piece... A tons of simoleons and llamazoom tickets will be spent... If my theory is correct I will never use them (in case I manage to get the grand prizes) they will be leaved in my inventory making cobwebs.

(i don't understand why we can't put fences exactly like we make rooms/walls or like in the Sims 4 but we have to buy piece by piece and compose it to.)

Message 2 of 97 (2,410 Views)

★★★ Guide

Let me see.....🤔

The grandfather clock and the butler suit. Check.

I guess they are going to light us to death. 

Not going to complain because will need them in new homes.

The more free items I get the less simoleons I have to pay.

Grand prizes, pass.

My Sims are very comfortable being middle class. They do not need to fence/gate their home.

Plus random Sims do not walk in and have a seat anymore. Oh happy day!

As middle class they would like blinds. Do not like peeping Sims looking in whenever.  They do have enough simoleons for a robot vacuum cleaner as well.

😁

Message 3 of 97 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat thank you, glad I'm not a fan of most of these prizes. At least I know I'm not going to use any simcash on this one. I hope I get the grandfather clock and pretty much nothing else interest me. I don't even care if I get the grand prize on this one. Finally a break from STS. 😍
Message 4 of 97 (2,319 Views)

★★★ Pro
@FreezerSim 100% agree with your analysis, to make a fence around your house would probably cost somewhere around the range of 200k simoleons and maybe 30 llama zooms. It's not worth it.
Message 5 of 97 (2,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SalixCatyou forgot to put in the the two STS packs for this STS. I think I'm just going to go for those and then see what I can come up with us after that. I saw that SimmerdownMal had the packs in her promotion on Reddit. Also I've noticed that they've gone down on the Llama zoom and the gems at the offer for the packs. Come to think of it I just looked at it again, there's really nothing I want in those in game packs. Pass on that.

Message 6 of 97 (2,302 Views)

Hero

@givememore86 

I have now added detailed info about the packs to post #1

Have included TS4 images to illustrate some of the content, courtesy of @Phantomlover1717 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 97 (2,235 Views)

Hero

In my opinion the prizes could’ve been grander 😄 but I guess those are saved for separately sold packs.. So these are building blocks to build something grand but you’ll actually need a grand to do it $$$

I guess my sims are more middle class too 😊 I think the ’grandest’ stuff I have is the gold&white bathroom stuff and wardrobe & curtains. The ones we got from Wumples and/or STS? 

For me these prizes are not must haves, some of them are nice to have tho.. like lights.. Monocle looks fun 🧐 Bathtub is a great prize for the players who don’t own one and convenient if you have multiple lots and you actually play on those lots/ houses and need energy refill. 

I’ll do the challenges and see how it goes and what I get 💪

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 97 (2,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

BTW did anyone else notice the number of daily ads decreased couple of days ago? 🤔 Mine dropped by half. If the amount doesn’t go back to what it was.. then happy STS for me 🔥 🤣

addition: and who knows if the ad option is even available during the challenges.. 🤭

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 97 (2,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Ilois4 

Yes, I have noticed for the past couple days amount of ads has decreased. I have done a little research and found out that an app gets a certain amount of ads and they divide it among users once ads get run up there's no more ads to give to players. That might be the problem. Also I have noticed in the last STS, it is really hard to get the ad for the home event on STS so it's hard to get that extra Royal token. My ads get reloaded at 8:30 p.m. EST every night, so I wait till that time to end my home event and yet I do not get the extra Royal for the ad even though I see the ads already on the mailbox. Then I go to my next sim and I always see them get an ad for their event when they end. Very frustrating. It is weird to you can use multiple ads for STS bake off but when it comes to home, its not so easy to use them.

Message 10 of 97 (1,984 Views)