26th of November 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Cozy Home

by SalixCat

Original Post

Re: 26th of November 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Cozy Home

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat sorry to hear that, it was a gamble for me but I bought them the other day. The only reason why I bought them was because I was thinking that I was not going to make it to the end. I think I'll be able to get the grand prize by the end of the event. I spent a lot of simcash and bought extra rounds in the beginning. I don't want to talk about how much simcash I spent. But too much!!!!
I just wanted to make sure that I got some cool gifts from this event if I didn't make it all the way. I think I will though. I'm too done with the long and short events I'm going to focus on the baking competition an end early. I only need about 20 royals. I have four more regular boxes to open. So unless I do anything stupid, I'm definitely going to make it.
Message 51 of 63 (601 Views)

★★★ Pro
@dissenterjasmine yes, Reese is evil. Do not look directly at in her eyes. She can sense fear too.
Message 52 of 63 (598 Views)

Hero
@givememore86 It's okay 😊 I think I would have bought them if there were CAS items in them.
Glad to know you could purchase the packs and will also be able to finish the event. Well done!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 53 of 63 (597 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat thank you, for your help and for promoting this event. You motivated me to finish. I should have my last Royal token in about 2 hours. So I did it. I got the grand prize. It took a lot more simcash, but I really wanted that chimney. So I can justify the simcash for that reason. Next time will be better, because it can't get worse.🤪
Message 54 of 63 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@givememore86 

You're very welcome  Thanks for your positivity and good humour!

I'm glad to know you could finish.

I only need two Royal tokens to finish. I'm waiting for the last bake-off. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 55 of 63 (525 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was waiting to see the packs that you can buy with extra tokens do you guys know when those packs show up? Is it after the showdown is over? I was not completing the challenge to continue to gain more tokens to buy the packs. 

Message 56 of 63 (511 Views)

★★★ Pro
@dotmatrix_me unfortunately, you will not see those packs because they expired. They made them expire before the event ended. They only were available for 8 days. It was really the gamble to get them. I only bought them because I thought I wasn't going to finish. So if you don't see them in the game they already expired.
Message 57 of 63 (505 Views)

★★★ Pro
@dotmatrix_me also I noticed in my game, the two packs didn't show up until a day later on STS. I don't know if it's globally, but I did lose one day, but it's okay I didn't have enough tokens to buy either pack. Next time they have the STS keep an eye out on your offers hopefully you'll see them then. If you don't leave a comment on the next STS comment section and someone will help you.
Message 58 of 63 (504 Views)

Betreff: 26th of November 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Cozy Home

★★★ Pro
@jayivy666 please tell us about your journey. I hope you were able to get a lot of gifts and possibly finish and got the grand prize. If you didn't get the grand prize did you get the two packs offered with STS?
Message 59 of 63 (483 Views)

Hero

This time I wanted the grand prize with a party action and that’s what I got. Standard smile I finished the Showdown 7 hours before the end. Plan was to survive with sugarcubes mostly but play a bit more daringly (= not do baking actions on the first rounds).

I did the longer Home sweet event every night and got almost every time the Royal token doubled by watching the advert after the event. I did 9 of the shorter events and used 5 cupcakes to get bonus tokens but the shorter events are a bit pointless to do..

Cozy Home statistics from my game:

- 7 round challenges: 13

- 9 round challenges: 12

- 10 round challenges: 9

Interestingly this time I got 9 round challenge already on third day and that seemed nice until I burnt 6 challenges in a row. 😬 At that point I was thinking that do I really really want the grand prize... I took corrective actions by using cupcakes in 4 challenges to get more sugarcubes and reach higher rounds. 

- Simoleons spent: 52 500

- cupcakes 29

-  I played all rounds in 5 challenges: the tutorial, 7 round challenge and 3 9round challenges.

- 14 burned desserts

I started to open boxes when I had tokens for appr. 30 boxes and I got one of each prize already in first 12 boxes.

Lots of burnt desserts doesn’t feel nice.. Not too stressful this time but main feeling when baking is anxious.. ☹️ Glad that I didn’t spend too much Simoleons or cupcakes and the prizes look way better than in the pics. The ginger bread house was nice new dessert to bake.

Arranged already a party to celebrate the new fireplace. 🎉 All in all I have now 3 items with 75p party action. 🥳 

I haven’t seen an announcement of the next Showdown yet but I’m guessing it starts on Tuesday.. Now few days of peace and hard work 😄

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 60 of 63 (444 Views)