Re: 26th of November 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Cozy Home

by givememore86

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I have found great difficulty with this challenge. I have spent monies and cash and cupcakes to get through to only them fail at 91 and 93 in the last 4 or 5 challenges. If this keeps up there is no way I'm getting the grand prize. Super sad. 

Message 41 of 63 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@dotmatrix_meyes this one was really tough, I failed three in a row. I don't think I'm going to be able to make the grand prize, so I'm going to go buy the two packs tomorrow. After that I'm just going to see how many boxes I can open. Hopefully a miracle will happen and I'll get on a winning streak and actually get the grand prize. Going to try to save the rest of my simcash for the next Sweet treat challenge which is the Christmas decorations.

Message 42 of 63 (465 Views)

★★★ Pro

I love this art piece from the touch of mod pack. 3K regular tokens well spent.

20191203_134515.jpg

It must be from the same artist that made the sculpture in the medical center.

20191203_134442.jpg

Message 43 of 63 (441 Views)

★★★ Guide

Done finally! 

I spent way more on this event than previous ones, arrghh!

just want the Xmas showdown already! anyhow here's a photo of the fire place and chimney for anyone wanting to know what it looks like. Screenshot_20191204-090002_The Sims.jpg

Message 44 of 63 (423 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Ok, got a little bit of game statistics from this recent STS. 

- 9 wins out of 24 showdowns = 38% wins

- Spent 60 simcash so far (this is when I lost   parts 1 & 2) had to spend it coz I need to get as many royal tickets as I can to have 25 extra to buy Upscale Essentials (14 hours left)!!!

- Spent around 53,500 simoleons

- I find Reese & Kid showdowns to be the hardest, fails at 90% & 92% 

Message 45 of 63 (399 Views)

Hero

I believe I will finish, only 11 boxes away from the grand prize. 

Haven't spent Simoleons, only 31 Sim cash so far when I've lost on rounds 1 - 3.

I still have 10 cupcakes left from the 25 I purchased on day 1. I would have 12, but I accidentally paid with 2 cupcakes for unnecessary extra sugar cubes. That's what happens when I try to multitask while making breakfast Large smile

DS-04122019.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 46 of 63 (393 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I will finish too.

I have 4+3 boxes to open. I used around 20 cupcakes, no simcash. I used simoleons only to buy extra royal tokens, i think I used around 20.000.

I think that the sweet treat challenges wil go on for a lot of time because the players are buying packs of cash/cupcakes to finish them.

I refuse to do it. If I don't like an event (and I don't like sweet treat events) I don't spend money to support them. I don't understand why many players do it and at the same time come here or on twitter to complain about sweet treat challenges.

Message 47 of 63 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@givememore86 

Here's the fireplace, smoke effect and colour swatches: 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 48 of 63 (368 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat I just watched it. I'm in love with it. Did you buy the two packs?
Message 49 of 63 (360 Views)

Hero
@givememore86
No, I didn't. My second account doesn't have enough resources for that. Saving LZ tokens for land expansions.
I'm waiting for next round of challenges so I can get the rest of the tokens and claim the grand prize.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 50 of 63 (352 Views)