Re: 26th of November 2019 - Sweet Treat Showdown Cozy Home

by SalixCat

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Phantomlover1717 and @SalixCat can you tell the team that the two packs offered are only 8 days which they know of course, is not a good length of time. For people who are trying to go for the grand prize, it does add stress. I would like the regular pack, but I don't know if I can make it and the allowed time. And very happy that there's less Royal boxes to open, but getting enough in event currency might be a little too hard if you're going for the grand prize. I think a happy medium would be 10 days.

Message 31 of 63 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hello everyone Standard smile 

How are you all doing in the event?

It hasn't been bad for me. I believe I might be able to finish and get the fireplace.

I purchased 25 cupcakes on day 1. I have only spent 5 so far.

I had 44 080 Simoleons on day 1 and my Sims have earned 11 302 until this moment. I have to say I haven't made them work very hard. I haven't spent Simoleons on bake-offs.

I have spent 53 Sim cash mainly on round 3 of bake-offs.

Here you can see may progress. I have opened a total of 27 boxes.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 32 of 63 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SalixCatprobably not as good as you!
I try to keep up with the daily goals. I was still have hope for the grand prize. The other day I decided not to open up boxes so I can keep my resources and by the packs if I don't have enough tokens to buy the regular and the Royal boxes.
145 simcash. Yes you read that right. I got a little antsy and brought a couple of rounds, but at that is actually getting me to the daily goal.
9 cupcakes for the big and little events.
Next time I will do what the tips say and not purchase boxes until towards the end of the event. If you buy boxes now you most likely get only 7 rounds. I learned my lesson.
24 regular boxs and 89 royal. Which actually gets me at the daily goal. Reese Bittersweet has been kicking my butt every time I get her. I think she's hangry, someone get her a Snickers stat.
How many Royal tokens do you have right now?

Message 33 of 63 (684 Views)

Hero

@givememore86 

I'm aiming for the grand prize. I've been opening boxes as soon as I get tokens. Here you can see what I've got so far. Not sure I will be able to buy the packs. 

Los Sims_2019-12-01-09-31-32.png

Message 34 of 63 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SalixCatI believe the nine rounds of coming today. I just had a 9 round bake off right now. So it's going to be easier to make royal tokens at least I think so. I think you definitely can make make the grand prize and the two packs. Just a suggestion though, hold off on opening boxes and make the final call on the last day of the packs. You might have to do a little math but this way you'll be able to ensure that you get the two packs and the grand prize.

EDIT what I meant by holding off on opening boxes I meant hold on to 3k regular, and make sure you have 28 Royals so you can see on the last day that the packs are offered if you can make it to the grand prize.

Message 35 of 63 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The two packs expire before the last day of the event... it's risky to buy them, unless you are sure that you are gonna make it for the grand prize much in advance.

I think it's intentional to make them expire before the end of the event: to push you to buy simcash and simoleons.

Message 36 of 63 (631 Views)

★★★ Pro
@kg122cin3h6t I agree. That is why, I am going to wait until the last day that the packs are offered to make my decision on whether or not I'm going to get them. That is why I am not opening boxes right now. My main priority is to get the grand prize. If I was not going for the grand prize, then I would go for the packs right away.
Message 37 of 63 (619 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat are you noticing that you're failing more times than you are passing? Or is it just me. Last sweet treat challenge, I really didn't care I use no resources and yet I failed less.
Message 38 of 63 (573 Views)

Hero
@givememore86 I was failing more at the start this time but that's because I was trying to get through the fourth round without spending sugar cubes.
Unfortunately I don't have enough data from the previous event so I can't compare.

Message 39 of 63 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SalixCatyeah what that's the point I was trying to make, I was failing on the 7 rounds a lot more than the previous one. Glad to know it's not just me. I tend to fail a lot on the fourth round of the seven round bake offs. But we are into the 9 and 10 round so hopefully it'll equal out.

Message 40 of 63 (565 Views)