19th of January 2020 - Sweet Treat Showdown "Laundry reloaded"

by SalixCat

Original Post

Re: 19th of January 2020 - Sweet Treat Showdown "Laundry reloaded"

★★★★★ Pro

@givememore86 wrote:

I hope the next event is not STS. It's clearly going to be Valentine's Day related. Good thing I did the Valentine's quest last year so I have Valentine's Day decorations for my house, this is just getting more ridiculous every single time we do this event. I don't even go for the grand prize anymore, I don't want to spend any simcash and then be disappointed on how much simcash I spend on each event. I hope firemonkeys realizes that people are getting bored and broke from these events. And this is coming from people who actually finish the events. I go to parties with people who have the grand prizes in their homes from these events and they are saying that they're bored of them.

———————————-

@givememore86   

I agree with everything you said about Sweet Treats Shakedowns.  Boring, over-priced & over done with only so-so prizes (imo).   I’m only doing the 3000 token pack & then I’m done.

I also hope Valentine’s Day is either a rerun of the old event or something new from FM 

Message 21 of 59 (707 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wow last two challenge fails on level 1 then paid 5 cash to move on to only fail again level two, this was on 9 rounds no sugar used. Start next round which is 7. Fail round 1. No no more cash. Errrggg.  Wtf. 

Message 22 of 59 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@dotmatrix_me  This also happened  to me today. I failed on the first round and thought okay this time I'll use five simcash and maybe that'll change my luck, went to the second round lost on it too, so I quit it. All together I wasted 10 simcash. And I only won one bake off. At this point I earned more sweet treat tokens at the home event than the actual bake off's. I have never had such a bad losing streak on STS then this one so far. I'm done spending any simcash from now on, there is no way simcash can change your luck, I believe I busted that myth. I've actually mad at myself for spending 10 simcash, even though I have a decent amount of it saved up. I did so much better on the last STS and I didn't spend any simcash on the whole thing. Honestly I feel targeted. I can't even get past the third round no matter how many sugar cubes are simoleons I put in it. I don't want to waste all my cubes just to get 100% on round 1, 2 and 3.

Message 23 of 59 (677 Views)

★★★ Pro

I went to a friend's party today. I asked how that person is doing on STS. This friend actually has the washer grand prize from the previous laundry day event. This is our conversation:

20200121_144730.jpg

I blocked out their name, but you get the idea.

Message 24 of 59 (664 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks @SalixCat ! You are always so helpful and useful!

I like female hairstyles but I hate big hair clips. No way I would wear them so no way my female sims are going to wear them.

Feel relieved that the only thing I might like - hairstyle - is actually not nice.

I am playing the rounds only with cubes and playing safe. No cash, no coins, no cupcakes. I get what I get. 

In the meantime I am saving a lot of simoleons, that are the thing I was spending for the previous STS. I am super happy and excited to have again so many simoleons. So weird to be excited because I AM NOT running for the final prize. We should be happy and excited to play, not to NOT play. But that's our situation. 

But Firemonkeys don't get it.

Honestly the only grand prize for which it was worth it to play was the chimney. The chimney is amazing.

The STS with the double braid hairstyle was cool too.

Worst STS: washing machine 1st edition and halloween (sorry, I don't like Halloween). I regret spending resources (simoleons, I don't spend simcash) in these and and in a couple other STSs. Will not do it in future.

Message 25 of 59 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86If you looooooose try a relog in the game before you start the next round. I really think that you have a better chance to win then...well i did not programm this but i think it could help.
 I played three rounds today and failed three times on 90 % ..lol.. 90% 92 % and with 92 again.....but idc anymore....i only did it for fun.....and i was not waiting for a win..i think it is and will stay money grabbing from the game studio.

I did not relog  this time....only was on a jump into the game.but in earlier STS it helped me with the win rate....maybe that also helps you now..idk

I appreciate Firemonkey's game work in other wises but i still do not like this new game change in TSM... it is a catastrophe.....but life goes on....

Complete new game now..its fine if people like it but if you do not ...well its not the game with which i started anymore....

Good luck to you all💞💕

🙂

Message 26 of 59 (625 Views)

★★ Pro

And today two more rounds with failing with over 90 %...

Omg..i know why i did not play it anymore....

This is so stupid...

Anyways 🙂 back to freeplay..cya

Message 27 of 59 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Well, as I said earlier I was only going to play to get the 3000 sugar cookie pack, which I did. 

But, Isn’t it interesting that the sweaters only come in ONE color without any other swatches?  Doing the event we have to work to get all the swatches-even the colors we don’t want in order to get the Grand Prize,  yet get no other color swatches with the pack. 
Seriously? 

Still I’m happy with my decision to stop at this point.  
I still detest these STS events and would rather spend my resources working towards my 2nd lot/home than put up with aggravation of the STS.

Good Luck to those who are still enjoying it 

Message 28 of 59 (556 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just got enough regular tokens for the 3000 pack, and this is what I get:

Screenshot_20200122-150718_The Sims.jpg

I just need three more Royals to get the Royal pack, I most likely will get it through the home event considering I can't get past level one 99% of the time.

@jayivy666 I've tried everything and that didn't even help. Thank you anyway. 😃

It's a good thing I'm just going for the packs. After that I'm done.

Message 29 of 59 (534 Views)

★★ Pro
@givememore86 Lol...the network error....😁

Ye good choice what you did ....

Still no oldschool whirpoolevent...no sims mobile birthday event..nothing..only this xxxx STS...

The game is dead...rest in peace TSM...

Here some flowers for the grave ...

⚘⚘⚘

My grave eulogy:

We have all gathered here today to say goodbye ... it was a beautiful time full of joy and exciting events .... sims mobile oldschool has unfortunately left us. it was wonderful and we will never forget it. line in peace and find peace out there .. you will always stay in our hearts.

We love you!

⚘⚘⚘⚘

😉😂💖💕

Message 30 of 59 (684 Views)