Re: 19th of January 2020 - Sweet Treat Showdown "Laundry reloaded"

by dissenterjasmine

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@givememore86Yes.....with my friendlist almost the same....i was a bit active now but i have to say it is really not like before. And it were old friends... old players from TSM start..some gave good bye parties

💖💖💖 and i mean new stuff is a good thing but nobody even asked us if we want the game now so much different from before...

I really wish there would be also some oldschool type of the events..but i told it thousand times....

We told it....

I only wanted the clotheshorse and got it..lol...idk why but i think its pretty sweet..this tiny thing.

😊

Hm..still waiting for a whirpool event....but i have the feeling it also will not come.

😂😂i should better not hope....

Message 51 of 59 (679 Views)

Hero

@FreezerSim wrote:
@SalixCat Yes it is, Huawei.

It's an Android issue that the team is aware of and is under investigation. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 52 of 59 (638 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat So glad you're on this. I was trying to get those packs for a good four days. I'm glad they figured this out. Thank you for everything you do. 😍
Message 53 of 59 (618 Views)

Hero

I’m done with Laundry 2.0 and I’m really hoping that laundry event won’t be a trilogy 🤭

I played with sugar cubes only and was extremely successful in burning stuff: 2/3 challenges failed 🔥 This is my personal record 🏆😬 I was trying different kinds of techniques and wasn’t really playing safely. 😎

Laundry reloaded statistics from my game:

- 7 round challenges: 14

- 9 round challenges: 12

- 10 round challenges: 8

+ tutorial round

- 20 burned desserts

- opened 45/60 boxes

I think this was the first time I wasn’t chasing the royal tokens since I didn’t care for the prizes. I was annoyed towards the end that I was missing the rug and had to get all the colors of buckets, clothes piles and such before I got one rug.  I was mostly bored during this event.. and annoyed with the challenges and the swatches. 

I’m hoping there’ll be a nice Valentine’s event but most likely it’s Wumples on Saturday and another 15 day STS starting next week. 🥱  Some kind of update is coming tho... Lets see what happens 🤞

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 54 of 59 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Hello, 
Another topic Question on this forum sparked this question for me.  

How does anyone manage to retire their Sims when these STS events keep happening nearly every couple of weeks & then last for about 10 to 15 day?

My Sims family are at the top of their Career, Hobby & Relationship levels in order to bring in the most Simoleans possible.  

It seems that most of the Sims games want players to produce more generations-hence we keep getting notices to “Ready To Retire”. 

But doesn’t that seem counter-productive if you have to keep working hard to bring your new Sims up to full level earning speed especially if playing STS’s ?

Is there ever a good time to retire Sims now?
Your thoughts?  

TIA ~ kat 

Message 55 of 59 (543 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@katclawsx3  For me personally there is no solution to this problem.

I like to change generation, but I can do it less often since when the STSs started.

I retired my previous generation when the fitness STS finished, because I knew I wouldn't have played for the grand prize of the laudry II event.

Without using simoleon, simcash, cupcakes, ... using only sugar I managed to open 34 out of 42 normal boxes and 11 out of 18 royal ones. I am satisfield because I have all the items of the boxes, I just don't have all the colors of the rare ones.

In the meantime I built up a lot of resources, in case I like the next STS.

There is no solution to your problem. There's not enough money to win the grand prize AND clear land. Or to win the grand prize AND change generation. Etc. 

STS killed The Sims Mobile.

Message 56 of 59 (527 Views)

★★★ Pro
@katclawsx3 I retired 3 Sims this past Monday, I left my barista sim and promoted three new Sims that I made from toddler stage. I promoted them after the sticker contest ended, so I think that might be the best time to do a new generation. It's easy to track how many stickers you receive during the week. Also if Wumples happens you can most likely be able to finish it because your Sims would have enough experience in their careers. So I do think it is possible to retire Sims during STS.
Message 57 of 59 (446 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's possible, but until you reach level 5 minimum you suffer, because you don't earn enough money to keep up with the simoleon quantity thay you need to win the grand prize of STSs.

No way you earn enough simoleons to also clear land or buy stuff.

Message 58 of 59 (442 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Got some free time this weekend so I'll share my game stats for this event.

Bake-offs played: 35

Failed bake-offs: 10

Simcash spent: 10

Simoleons spent: 51,000

Message 59 of 59 (351 Views)