14th of December - Holiday Celebration - Bug Fix List

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

Accepted Solution

14th of December - Holiday Celebration - Bug Fix List

EA Live QV Team

Sul sul!

The full official page for the Holiday Celebration update can be found here:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/news/holiday-celebration-update

Here's the list of Bug Fixes:

• Fixed some game freezes/crashes after watching certain Ads
  • The loading/splash screen should no longer flicker pink on iPhone 12
  • The Two Tone Ombre Lipstick now has the same amount of variant colour options when used with all skin tones
  • Fixed a delay in starting a new action after the Sim does a "spin change"
  • Fixed price discrepancies between iOS and Android in certain regions
  • The Roommate Quest steps now progress normally instead of automatically completing all steps
  • Moved the Almost Real VR Headset and Game Battlestation from the Living Room category to the Entertainment Category
  • Fixed the "Sim is busy" message appearing in some situations where it shouldn't
  • Fixed a price display issue with the Internet Icon Hobby items
  • You should now be able to interrupt Fridge and Stove related animations to perform actions on other objects
  • Fixed clipping and texture issues with a number of clothing items and hairstyles.
    - Summer Jumpsuit
    - Keep It Slick Sweatpants
    - Gone Running Track Suit
    - Double Agent Dress
    - Thieves' Boots
    - Bombastic Bomber Jacket
    - Cozy Up Top
    - Growing Love Gown
  • Fixed clipping/texture/animation issues with a number of Build/Buy objects
    - Metro Modernist Sink
    - Art Nouveau Canopy Bed
    - Almost Real VR Headset
    - Classic Rock Pedestal Sink
Message 1 of 9 (2,594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 14th of December - Holiday Celebration - Bug Fix List

EA Live QV Team

We've released update 25.0.2 to address the frequent crashing issue. Please make sure your game is updated Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,919 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

We've released update 25.0.2 to address the frequent crashing issue. Please make sure your game is updated Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kipling That’s awesome, I’m so glad you guys worked it out! Will the event be extended at all from the crash? I just opened the treasure hunt for the first time so I’ve lost a significant amount of time.
Message 3 of 9 (1,906 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Kipling  I haven’t noticed any decrease in the “Surprising” events from popping up, I still se a daily offer for hot tubs and one for potions every time I get on to play which is several rimes per day. No change whatsoever. Playing on current iOS. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,783 Views)

★ Novice
Are there more people still having problems with the new update? First there was a small recharge and then I came in to sunrise and the greeting. Then came free compensation and that was nice but after that I was thrown out of the game and now I do not come in at all. I restarted the iPad twice but only get to the greeting phrase and then I get thrown out again and again😫I can not play my beloved sims mobile😓
Message 5 of 9 (1,703 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Definitely still having issues, after not being able to access the game due to the crashing issue and then finally getting that update... I opened the app and all my furniture (including windows and doors) was missing from my main lot. The shop indicated that I had purchased the items (the colour was still green) but they somehow became... invisible? They weren’t in storage either. Later items I had in other lots also started disappearing. I have a message at the top that won’t disappear, I can’t see the packs/offers and I can’t change the day/night mode. On top of that I’m constantly losing progress and I don’t know why because it’s connected to the game centre, EA and Apple. I completed a wumples quest to get an item and had to redo it as the progress was lost but later I opened my inventory and found I had two of said item. Same with the eco shop, I crafted an item and the progress went away and had to add items to craft it again, checked the storage and there was two. The treasure hunt progress... after being behind already due to the crashing issue I lost progress again as I had 4/5 expeditions completed and it went back to one. It’s not counting the relics properly, even if I earn them with some events they don’t get included in the total I own. Too many issues. I created another case after attempting to respond to the crash issue case as I keep receiving the following message;

Hello,

We no longer monitor this email address and we want to make sure you get the help you need.

Visit EA Help and log in with your EA account information.There you can browse help topics or click Contact Us at the bottom of any help article to ask a specific question. You can also participate in discussions with the player community on Answers HQ.

Regards,
The EA Help team

Message 6 of 9 (1,667 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant attend  or host any parties please help I have written from everywhere but nobody gets n touch!

Message 7 of 9 (1,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded the newest updates and my app is still constantly crashing. 

Im unable to view the prize screen for the treasure hunt, at all despite having thousands of relics and bunnies. I’m also unable to view Izzy’s clothes in the closest as the game crashes too. 

Is there anyone I can contact as I’ve contacted through the app and EA directly but no response

Message 8 of 9 (1,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kipling The game still keeps crashing. When is the new update will be released? The ‘Seasons Greetings’ Treasure Hunt event will be over in a day but I couldn’t claim any of the prizes as it keeps crashing every time I open the treasure hunt prize page. Also I couldn’t use the clothes from Izzy’s special collection because it crashes every time I search for clothes.. Sooooo frustrating!!
Message 9 of 9 (1,370 Views)