Re: 11th of May 2020 - Multilevel Build update

by SalixCat

Original Post

Hero
@katclawsx3 In what lot are you building? Is it the main one?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 11 of 35 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@SalixCat wrote:
@katclawsx3In what lot are you building? Is it the main one?

Hi! 
I was considering adding a second level to my Main house & was trying to get a feel for where a staircase would go.   
It’s probably just me not understanding how the building aspect works yet, but I took a screenshot to show you what I’m talking about.  

Currently, in addition to the starter square/rectangular room, I had purchased  the  L-Shape, the Z-Shape & the S-shape.  

Now I’m kind of glad I didn’t get the Landgrab Mansion property after seeing the last (built & furnished) beach house.

I love the building aspect of this game the most , but the land expansions & room shape costs give me pause to keep spending even more money.  

Message 12 of 35 (789 Views)

Hero

@katclawsx3 

I can see that you have purchased and placed 12 rooms on your lot. A new room in any of the unlocked shapes will cost 15000 Simoleons and 10 LZ tickets.

Notice that we get a free room with every building permit (one for a 2nd floor and one for a 3rd floor).

You can see on my screenshot that I have 14 rooms. I have to pay same price as you for a new room in any of the unlocked shapes. If I want a Z or O-shaped room, I will have to pay 400 or 500 Sim cash in order to unlock the shape and will also buy a room at the same time.

Message 13 of 35 (754 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am officially broke. No simoleons. Spent it all on 2nd build.

Now I have to spend countless hours making it look like a house. My eyeballs hurt.

Message 14 of 35 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone ☺️
This is a great update and really looking forward buildings the additional floors and upskill my house design.

My only remaining ask to the Sims mobile dev team would be to reallow to do « one time only » quests (such as job quests) after level 30; indeed the time is much slower after that (much lesser quests) and being a newbie before I didn’t know that I would not have the opportunity to redo such quests later.

Message 15 of 35 (689 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DBrick01 wrote:

I am officially broke. No simoleons. Spent it all on 2nd build.

Now I have to spend countless hours making it look like a house. My eyeballs hurt.

What property did you buy?

I am saving money for the house at the beach. I have 720.000 simoleons but I want to arrive at least to 900.000.

But I don't know if I'll really buy it, if I can't show it at parties. I have to think about it.

Message 16 of 35 (674 Views)

Hero
@kg122cin3h6t You will get some exclusive items when you buy that property, so you can put them in inventory and then display them on your main lot.

Message 17 of 35 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SalixCatOooh, can you find out what items are exclusive to the beach property? Unfortunately we aren't able to view the house before we buy it (are we supposed to just plunk down 750,000 simoleons sight unseen?). It would be really cool if we could tour the place, but the next best thing is if they would release pictures of each room so we can see what, exactly, we're buying.

Yes, I know we can watch the video where they show how to build the second story and they do a brief walkthrough of the new fully furnished house. But they were zooming around, and I couldn't really see anything specific. If there are home items that are ONLY available if we purchase this property, I'm sure we'd all like to see them.

Thanks, Salix, for all you do.

Message 18 of 35 (643 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@thecakeisaLIE82 I have just bought it today. I'll find out.

Message 19 of 35 (635 Views)

Betreff: 11th of May 2020 - Multilevel Build update

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes - it does actually get in the way - I was just at a party with a second floor and it was terribly confusing - you keep seeing the upper floor when you are downstairs and your sim keep moving around without you doing anything - it made me happy that I haven't tried to build a second floor and I am definitely not going to either. 

Message 20 of 35 (619 Views)