Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Quest

by SalixCat

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

★ Pro
@dissenterjasmine 100% agree with that statement. I noticed the same thing. I failed a lot more during this STS then ever before on rounds one and two. I thought my game was bugged, and uninstalled and reinstalled. I think it's the event itself. The fail rate is too high. I don't even want to give a figure of how much simcash I spent already. I might get it, but I still think I might have to buy an extra bake off at the end. 😪
Message 61 of 95 (297 Views)
Highlighted

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

★★ Guide
@kg122cin3h6t Wow, your dessert disaster rate is really low 😊 👍

Mine is around 33% and the challenges seem to differ from Showdown to Showdown and during the Showdown, so what worked last time doesn’t work now.. And I don’t think it’s a glitch, it’s just built that way. Burning your desserts few times in a row will easily lead to use of simcash/simoleons/cupcakes/money -> money to the studio.

At the moment I have kind of controlled way to get through the STS chaos.
I’ve got 10 & 6 boxes to open and I’m pretty sure I get the grand prize but most likely that will take until the end of the event. So I’ll be using the tree as a Valentine’s Day tree 😂
Message 62 of 95 (273 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@dissenterjasmine i learned I'm not the only one with this issue.  Sometimes i get lucky and round 1 and 2 is at 90% other times it starts me at 75% so i have to use cubes early unless i fail right off the bat. I'm on the last part with 4 days left. Did 5/10 challanges, i hope i can finish this event. I rlly want the gingerbread houses.

Message 63 of 95 (260 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@Ilois4 I missed that gingerbread houses because I've opened all treat box already without knowing the event would be ended automatically Frown( It's more awful because I had one more challenge only Frown(( Is there any possibility to undo what I've done?
Message 64 of 95 (254 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro
@MisuOrenji I have the opposite problem of yours. I got the gingerbread houses but I don't think I'm going to get the tree. 😪😥
Message 65 of 95 (234 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MisuOrenji Nooo 😢 that sucks so bad..

@givememore86 😳 Well that was one [Edited by EA_Mai - let's not skip the swear filter] challenge. Failing sucks but also the losing simcash 🤯

Message 66 of 95 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@MisuOrenji wait, what?! Thats ridiculous!! They shouldn't have it like that.

Message 67 of 95 (209 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm in the simular situation with you my friend. Failing the first 4 rounds with high chances to pass, starts me off at 75% or lower most of the time. Its like they make it harder so people can throw money at them just to pass. I used to have 50 simcash until this quest came... and I've gotten it all by watching ads. If someone asked me why i won't spend money on this game anymore it would probally be the sweet events and that heirloom issue. Like 500 simoleons won't help me get rare heirlooms that i can only get by seasonal events and i am so stressed and frustrated because those might be replaced with sweet events. And even then the heirlooms may never return or, they will have that as a grand prize with more boxes and color swaps. I was about to let the color swap issue just go and buy a few packs but... no. I don't think i can even do that any more, and my only options to get back my lost items I've worked so hard on, that i spent years on... is to buy them back, and give them more money. The neighborhood part was good but its not enough to change what happened. I guess its the only reason why I'm playing anymore

Message 68 of 95 (208 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I just bought an extra Bake Off right now. I was very careful, lost on third round though paid 15 simcash bought extra sugar cubes with cupcakes and ended on level eight. I got 15 Royals and 1060 regular and that put me on the daily goals. I should be happy but I'm not. I'm going to be extra careful on rounds 2 and 3 now because the game is killing me on those two levels because they know that we're willing to pay simcash on the low rounds. I just hope the next bake off (if we are actually having one of these stupid things again), I really don't want the grand prize so that I can play with a little bit less stress. To be honest most of the time the regular boxes have the best prizes and it's so much easier to get. But since I lost my tree last year I really want this one. 

Message 69 of 95 (193 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@givememore86 yeah. I understand and , i don't blame you. 4 more challanges for me and I'll be done with this and will be able to retire all my current sims for the next gen.

Message 70 of 95 (186 Views)
Twitter Stream