11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Quest

by SalixCat

Original Post

Betreff: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holi

Hero

@katclawsx3  @jayivy666 @givememore86 

Not at all 🙂 I don't take it personal. I am happy when I see that everyone feels safe and comfortable sharing experience and opinions. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 21 of 95 (583 Views)

Betreff: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holi

★★★★ Guide
Sorry in advance, I know I am boring because I always say the same thing.
It's not that they don't understand it. They understood it but they don't care, because FM makes EA earn more money with baking events.
People are buying more simcash/cupcakes/etc packs to complete the events and get the prices.
It is actually because there are many new players who weren't here last Christmas that they put the Christmas tree as a grand prize.

If you want the baking events to stop, you have to stop supporting these events financially.
I bought only two packs recently: beginner pack and the spring/summer pack? (Don't remember the exact name). So I do support the game.

But I will never ever ever buy a cash/simoleons/cupcake pack as long as the baking events continue.
But a lot of people are buying them. While with standard old events... it wasn't needed!

I don't really complain with FM, it's EA. EA asked to make more money and with baking events FM makes more money.
If you want these events to stop, stop to buy resources-related packs!

I’m just disappointed that FM don’t seem to be listening that some of us prefer the old way of doing events and wish those could be added back in too

Happy Holidays to All ~ kat 

Message 22 of 95 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@kg122cin3h6tExactly! And i am also not a hater..i love the sims ...i also like a lot of their ideas but i also stopped to support baking..well did only spend real cash on the coffin bed....and not much...

Cya all in a few days..i am busy on freeplay to get my xmas house 😍😍😍😂😂😂😂😂

I hope you will still have fun...

Lots of greetings..

🙂

Message 23 of 95 (522 Views)

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat just a simple question. Are you failing more during the first or second round? This STS I tend to be failing those two rounds a lot more then normal. I had to pay out four different times. I'm pretty much on track on the daily goals though.
Message 24 of 95 (500 Views)

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

Hero
@givememore86 I am actually failing more in the fourth round this time. Using only 4 sugar cubes has lead to failure and that didn't happen last time.
I might be a bit behind because I couldn't play yesterday. I'll check out numbers later.
How are you doing with the event?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 25 of 95 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SalixCatHi...😊because i am doing good in freeplay with other xmas event i had time to start baking 😁😁😁😁😁...

And i have to say that you need to invest 4 more sugarcubes to arrive round 6 of 7 and that you have to invest 6 more to arrive round 6 or maybe 7 from 9..well that was what i counted if you play safe...

I was curious so i tested it.....

Off course you still can win with risk tried that two times because i am not wanting to complete this collection....

I want the gingerbreadhouses😊

Greetings

Message 26 of 95 (467 Views)

★★ Pro
@givememore86 If i could i would give you
some of my winterfest items from my inventory...sadly we can not do this...💕
Message 27 of 95 (469 Views)

Do you know why it says shes too busy? Like she just finished doing the sweet event and it says shes too busy to start another one, even though she's not doing anything.

Message 28 of 95 (452 Views)

@kg122cin3h6t i agree. I've been skipping most of them because its just the same thing. It would be one thing if it was every now and then but not one almost every week. And i haven't spent a penny with sims mobile ever since the color swap issue. And with me loosing heirlooms and them just giving me 500 simoleons, I'm even more hesitant to give them money. Some packs looks nice but a part of me doesn't want to buy it because its like I'm supporting whats going on. And I'm doing this baking event in hopes for the ginger bread houses. I don't rlly care about whats in the boxes. And with the washing machine event, it would have been nice if a 2 star one (with a uncommon rarity) was in one of the boxes and the 3 star one was the main prize so if they didnt get the grand prize, they got a washing machine at least.

Message 29 of 95 (452 Views)

@givememore86 I've noticed that the first and second rounds start you off lower than normal. Like around 80%. And whats even stranger is that its my first time starting a round for it. Also today, i learned you can actually loose your first round, i thought the first one would be fail safe. Also, i normally just skip these cooking events since they are just becoming more common with ridiculous amounts of tokens needed to open a box and the prizes to be just alright. Nothing major. I'm onlu doing this one for the gingerbread. If it wasn't even there, i would have just skip it like the last 4. (I've lost count how many there are.)

Message 30 of 95 (449 Views)