Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

by givememore86

Original Post

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

★★★ Pro
@dissenterjasmine 100% agree with that statement. I noticed the same thing. I failed a lot more during this STS then ever before on rounds one and two. I thought my game was bugged, and uninstalled and reinstalled. I think it's the event itself. The fail rate is too high. I don't even want to give a figure of how much simcash I spent already. I might get it, but I still think I might have to buy an extra bake off at the end. 😪
Message 61 of 95 (539 Views)

Hero
@kg122cin3h6t Wow, your dessert disaster rate is really low 😊 👍

Mine is around 33% and the challenges seem to differ from Showdown to Showdown and during the Showdown, so what worked last time doesn’t work now.. And I don’t think it’s a glitch, it’s just built that way. Burning your desserts few times in a row will easily lead to use of simcash/simoleons/cupcakes/money -> money to the studio.

At the moment I have kind of controlled way to get through the STS chaos.
I’ve got 10 & 6 boxes to open and I’m pretty sure I get the grand prize but most likely that will take until the end of the event. So I’ll be using the tree as a Valentine’s Day tree 😂

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 62 of 95 (515 Views)

@dissenterjasmine i learned I'm not the only one with this issue.  Sometimes i get lucky and round 1 and 2 is at 90% other times it starts me at 75% so i have to use cubes early unless i fail right off the bat. I'm on the last part with 4 days left. Did 5/10 challanges, i hope i can finish this event. I rlly want the gingerbread houses.

Message 63 of 95 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ilois4 I missed that gingerbread houses because I've opened all treat box already without knowing the event would be ended automatically Frown( It's more awful because I had one more challenge only Frown(( Is there any possibility to undo what I've done?
Message 64 of 95 (496 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro
@MisuOrenji I have the opposite problem of yours. I got the gingerbread houses but I don't think I'm going to get the tree. 😪😥
Message 65 of 95 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MisuOrenji Nooo 😢 that sucks so bad..

@givememore86 😳 Well that was one [Edited by EA_Mai - let's not skip the swear filter] challenge. Failing sucks but also the losing simcash 🤯

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 66 of 95 (456 Views)

@MisuOrenji wait, what?! Thats ridiculous!! They shouldn't have it like that.

Message 67 of 95 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm in the simular situation with you my friend. Failing the first 4 rounds with high chances to pass, starts me off at 75% or lower most of the time. Its like they make it harder so people can throw money at them just to pass. I used to have 50 simcash until this quest came... and I've gotten it all by watching ads. If someone asked me why i won't spend money on this game anymore it would probally be the sweet events and that heirloom issue. Like 500 simoleons won't help me get rare heirlooms that i can only get by seasonal events and i am so stressed and frustrated because those might be replaced with sweet events. And even then the heirlooms may never return or, they will have that as a grand prize with more boxes and color swaps. I was about to let the color swap issue just go and buy a few packs but... no. I don't think i can even do that any more, and my only options to get back my lost items I've worked so hard on, that i spent years on... is to buy them back, and give them more money. The neighborhood part was good but its not enough to change what happened. I guess its the only reason why I'm playing anymore

Message 68 of 95 (450 Views)

★★★ Pro

I just bought an extra Bake Off right now. I was very careful, lost on third round though paid 15 simcash bought extra sugar cubes with cupcakes and ended on level eight. I got 15 Royals and 1060 regular and that put me on the daily goals. I should be happy but I'm not. I'm going to be extra careful on rounds 2 and 3 now because the game is killing me on those two levels because they know that we're willing to pay simcash on the low rounds. I just hope the next bake off (if we are actually having one of these stupid things again), I really don't want the grand prize so that I can play with a little bit less stress. To be honest most of the time the regular boxes have the best prizes and it's so much easier to get. But since I lost my tree last year I really want this one. 

Message 69 of 95 (435 Views)

@givememore86 yeah. I understand and , i don't blame you. 4 more challanges for me and I'll be done with this and will be able to retire all my current sims for the next gen.

Message 70 of 95 (428 Views)