Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

by whackywhippet234

Original Post

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@whackywhippet234yeah I did that, ended up with only half the boxes. Unfortunately you have to risk. On the nine Rounders try to get to at least seven or eight. I do the home event every time that they are offered. I'm hoping to be one of those people that can finish this event without a sweat. Eventually it'll happen hopefully. I'm still in the learning phase. But I have finished four of these sts's already. But at the very end of it you just might get the gingerbread house and that's worth it.

Message 51 of 95 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]

@givememore86 i just lost at 91% passing rate. That's ridiculous. At least I'm almost finished with this quest. *sigh* but i have to wait for more challanges to be available. Have you noticed that the wait time seams longer too?

Edit: and i just lost round 3 at a 94% passing rate. This shouldn't be happening. I guess i need to be at 100% every time now. 

Message 52 of 95 (895 Views)

★★★★ Expert

STS = Simmers Trapped in Showdown 

Current Game Statistics

26 Bakeoffs

14 wins

12 loses

47% chance of losing a bakeoff (this is too high!!!)

40 sim cash spent (when failing part 1 or part 2)

37,500 simoleons spent (so I can reach as far as part 6 or 7 to get the super hard to get royal tickets)

13,810 sweet treat tokens earned (I think I'm ok at this point coz I play as much as I can esp. Llamazooms & Showdown Activities to get the tokens)

112 Royal Tickets (I'm waay behind on this one. I'm supposed to have 140 to be able to open ALL royal treat boxes)

Takeaways:

- I'm stressed out about this STS events.

- I still play coz of the grand prizes.

- When will this end!?!?!? T_T

Message 53 of 95 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Do you guys all realize that if we were playing

WINTERFEST  we would have at least one Christmas tree in our house and all the decorations right now!!!!

And I'm not saying it was easier than STS, I did grind and I did wake up in the middle of night to do some parts in the quest last year but I spent NO SIMCASH.

Message 54 of 95 (840 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hello, 

still got hair on my head but gotta say doing the challenges suck (the life out of me) 😝 

Played 26 challenges + tutorial, I’ve burnt 9 desserts. Spent 10 500 simoleons and 15 cupcakes (6 of them for nothing since ended up burning the dessert 🔥)  

I’ve opened 44/78 boxes. Still to go 22 Sweet boxes and 12 Royal boxes. Those damn Royal tokens 🙄😅 

I finished the Sweet Holiday quest and got the gingerbread houses and the Royal tokens. Extra Royal tokens were nice addition since ‘tis the Season of Giving 🤣 

Gingerbread houses are cool and my sims were more excited about the burning gingerbread house than the fireplace from the previous Showdown. 😄

OT: Half expecting a pack named ‘Holiday Spirit’ pop up in the game with a price tag of 9,99$€$ 🙄😉😅

edit: typo

4D54E8B0-EFAA-425E-B48E-9F8D9A902FC4.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 55 of 95 (831 Views)

@givememore86 i know what you mean. I actually didn't fully complete the winter fest event but even then, i got way more. Still a bit upset. I'm on part 13 for this event and have a sim working on the home for the holiday event. I would have finished sooner but before the 5th round, i only had 8 sugar cubes and my success rate would have been lower than 60% i just had to waste them on tickets and tokens then, left after round 4. On round 2, it started me off super low. I doubt I'll be doing the future ones if this keeps up. The very first one they did was nice, simple and forgiving. I finshed 3 challanges in a row without needing to use cupcakes or simcash. I didn't get all the prizes but, it was still nice. Today, i had to use 10 simcash and 3 cupcakes to get past round 4, barely. At least the gingerbread house is in my reach, that's all i want from this quest. (Other than the couch and chair in the deluxe box.) I wish you luck if you haven't finished this quest yet

Message 56 of 95 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@whackywhippet234no don't do that! do you have any sim cash? try pressing the first 3 rounds straight off, no help. the first three to 4 rounds only cost between 5 and 40 sim cash to play on if it fails. you are better to do this, than spend sim cash on the higher rounds.
this way you'll have plenty of energy sugar to use. I find anything over 83% is a good enough chance. anything under no good.
if you fail , quit and take your winnings. start the game again for 30 sim cash. it's still cheaper than playing on higher rounds. I don't even finish most rounds unless they are only 7. anything after that uses to many resources.
I never have had cupcakes either or use coins. sim cash only. I don't even think the game is physically doable without it?

I usually buy the packs that have the 550 sim cash. that covers lower failed rounds and extra turns if you play extra.
by doing this method and not worrying about 9 or 10 rounds, I've always completed the bake off games with days or in this case a week left.

sorry about the long reply. I hope that helps

Message 57 of 95 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzy81 i only have 1 simcash and it doesn't help that it mostly starts me off at 75% during challanges. Also, I've tried to past with a 91% but i always fail it unless its at 100% if i didn't, i would have failed round a again when its only the 3rd round. Like its way harder than the very first event. It felt more fair than it is now.

Message 58 of 95 (773 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I use a totally different strategy and I always get the grand prize, without using any simcash.

For the challenges that are 9 or 10 rounds long:

In the first 2 rounds I press "bake" straight away.

I use two sugar cubes for round 3 (usually they give me +8%)

I use four sugar cubes for round 4 (usually +18%)

At that point I have 24 sugar cubes left and I use 8 of them for each round: 5, 6 and 7.

I quit at level 7.

I do the same thing for the 7-round challenges, but I press "bake", without sugar cubes, only for round 1. So I reach level 6.

I have a very low failure rate. I burn my cake every 6 challenges or so. I don't use simcash to recover the challenge or accelerate the new one.

I use some cupcakes to reach higher levels (around 20 cupcakes for each STS).

I use simoleons only to gain more royal tokens (3000 simoleons for 1 royal token or 5000 simoleons for 3 royals).

I play the sweet home event only before to get to bed. In this way it ends when I wake up and I get 2 royal tokens instead of 1 by watching the AD (I get ADs in the morning).

In this moment I have 10 boxes to open and 5 royal boxes to open. No doubt that I will make it.

Message 59 of 95 (741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

The saga continues...

Time Left: 4 Days 22 Hours

31 Bakeoffs

15 Losses (Fails at 90% 91% & 92% usually at parts 2, 4, 5, & 6)

16 Wins (only reach level 6, 7 and/or 8)

16,456 Sweet Treat Tokens

157 Royal Treat Tokens (already won  20 RT & ginger houses from limited time, 194 is target today)

Takeaways: 

- 87% is now a fail, in previous event this was at times pass

- more fails at parts 1 & 2 making us spend sim cash 

- I'm not so sure I'll be able to get enough royal tokens coz I still need a whopping 37!!!

- This is not FUN anymore

Message 60 of 95 (661 Views)