Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

by whackywhippet234

Original Post

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@whackywhippet234are you failing a lot on the first and second one too? At this point, I'm not going to be upset if I don't get the Christmas tree. I guess I'll be happy with just the gingerbread house. I just don't want to spend any more simcash. I failed two in a row today.

Message 41 of 95 (575 Views)

@givememore86 almost. Its like if i dont use sugar cubes right off the bat, I'll fail. Also I'm just aiming for the gingerbread house. Found another glitch. I just watched 4 ads in a row and didn't get a single reward. And you know how when you watch an ad right after finishing an event and it adds on the coins? That didn't happen, i basically just watched ads for nothing.

Message 42 of 95 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@whackywhippet234  try this, close the game, take it off your screen. Go to your settings hard stop it, clear the cache. Then get out of settings. I usually just close out the screen. Restart your phone. Whatever you do, never hit clear data, you will lose your game. I am paranoid now to even hit clear cache, because that's how I lost my old game.

Message 43 of 95 (531 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@givememore86 I've been failing almost every bake off!! I'm never going to get the grand prizes Frown
Message 44 of 95 (516 Views)

@givememore86 oddly enough after i complain about it, it just fixes itself. But I'll try it next time.

Message 45 of 95 (510 Views)

Hero

Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

Here's an update from me. I have done 3 challenges every day except for friday. That's a total of 15 bake-offs. 

I started with 1016 Sims cash and 10 cupcakes. Now I have 963 Sims cash and 13 cupcakes Standard smile I remember I got one from a chest, one as daily reward and perhaps the other from watching adds.

So far I have spent a total of 53 Sims cash, 0 Simoleons, and 0 cupcakes in the challenges. I haven't used cupcakes to boost the events, so I don't get the 90 extra tokens. It seems to me that those events are not important. 

I have tried to go as far as possible in the bake-off until I run out of sugar. Rounds 1 - 3 without spending sugar but paying with Sim cash in case of failure. I keep using only 4 sugar cubes (+ 18%) in round four. Then I use the 6 sugar cubes (+ 32%) alternative in every round from the fifth round.

This means I am having sucess between 83 and 94%.

Here's a screenshot of my game yesterday:

2019-12-18_14-49-07.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 46 of 95 (487 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hi everyone, here's my update:

14 wins

9 losses

23 total Bake Off games

I played every Bake Off that was offered to me for the day. My strategy if lost round 1 or  2 I will pay simcash, but I noticed I was losing a lot around 2. So I stopped and just took the fail. They were seven rounders so I figured I can make it up. I try to use simcash if they were on round 1 which seems to be the one that I seem to be failing at most. If I don't fail on round 1 it's usually when I fell on round 2. I would scratch off the games that I would fail on round 2, because I'm sick and tired of paying simcash. If I failed on three it's a loss, no simcash for that.

Stats: 

7K simoleons, one cupcake, 40 simcash

I'm on par with the daily goals set by the famous conspicuousnipples from The Sims Reddit.

Here's my screenshot taken today.

Screenshot_20191218-102317_The Sims.jpg

Message 47 of 95 (477 Views)

@givememore86 im on part 11 out of 15. And waiting for a challange to open up so i can complete part 11.  Not looking so good with boxes. I normally stop around 5th round or 6th.

Message 48 of 95 (453 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm done finally. spent way too much sim cash on this event to play rounds quicker, but it's cheaper to do it that way than to pay high level fail rounds.

won't be spending this much money on an event again, but I wasn't around last year playing, so had no Xmas items!

I think the event was on way to late to be able to have the stuff on display long before Xmas.

anyways here is a picture of my Lounge with the tree and couches.

Jazz from Oz 🙋‍♀️Screenshot_20191219-214710_The Sims.jpg

Message 49 of 95 (426 Views)

★★★ Pro
@JustJazzy81 it looks great. I said the same thing to myself on the last STS. I'm going to stick through it to the end. I might have to buy a Bake Off if I don't have enough Royals. I just failed three in a row. I'm a day behind now on The Daily goals. Hopefully my luck will change. But I'm going to hold off I'm paying for extra rounds this time. I spent about 200 simcash last time. We can only get better. I wish I had my trees from last year, I grinded so hard on that Winterfest I'm so disappointed that I lost the whole game and customer service couldn't bring it back. I need to win this tree. I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't bring back Winterfest though.
Message 50 of 95 (414 Views)