Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

by jayivy666

Original Post

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat you are right, the fourth round is 4 cubes and I'm passing those. But I still seem to be failing around 1 and 2 with no sugar cubes on the seven rounders. I'm pretty much on point with the daily goals though. I just failed another seven rounder of right now, round one without cubes. I'm going to let it sit there and take the fail. I'm allowing myself 10 fails. I can't be spending simcash on this, I already spent 25 simcash to save myself on a few games. I think the game has automatic fails built in it programmed in. So no matter how good you are at it if you don't have 100% it's going to be a fail, even if you passed it 100 times before. So for all those people who "won" the grand prize right now (LMAO) those people even failed bake-offs, but I am sure they don't care because they didn't pay for the simcash. When STS first came out no one absolutely no one failed the first round. Now it's very common, WHY??? Because they programmed fails into the game.
Message 31 of 95 (618 Views)

Hero

I’ve done now 10 challenges (+ the tutorial) with sugarcubes only. So far I’m only getting 7 round challenges. 7 times collected after clearing round 6 and 3 times burnt the dessert. With Sweet Tokens I’m good but a bit behind with Royal Tokens. I’m gonna play 2-3 days and see how it goes and what kind of corrective actions I should take.. 💪  

But I’m on a budget here: Grand prize shouldn’t cost more than 50 000 simoleons and 30 cupcakes 😬 Lets see how it goes, most likely I’ll be pulling my hair the next 10 days 🙄 

Serenity for everyone 🙏

ps. STS is not a great holiday event. It doesn’t bring joy and it lacks the spirit. EA should get a visit from the Ghost of the Christmas Past 👻 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 95 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Ilois4  schrieb:

ps. STS is not a great holiday event. It doesn’t bring joy and it lacks the spirit. EA should get a visit from the Ghost of the Christmas Past 👻 

Right! ☺ spirit is gone...i did not even create a new houselot untill now..because i do not want atm....

Hope it will get better soon. 😍

Message 33 of 95 (591 Views)

Hero

I think I am not doing that bad even if I haven't played much. I have opened 14 sweet treat boxes and 5 royal treat boxes. I still have 10 days and 20 hours.
I haven't used cup cakes at all, no Simoleons. I have spent 28 Sim cash on rounds 1 - 3 in the total of 9 challenges I have done until now.

Only one 10 rounds challenge so far, but I didn't want to take risks so I only took 8 rounds.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 34 of 95 (568 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat you're pretty much close to daily goals, I have no doubt you'll make it. Here is my progress, 7 Royal boxes, 16 regular boxes, simcash spent mostly on second round that I keep on failing. Obviously I'm going to have to do an adjustment on the second round. I'm sick and tired of paying simcash to bail myself out.
Message 35 of 95 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It is luck..and i keep on my point that this is programmed to fail on royal box tickets without investing simcash for the most people.

Remember we had only to play an collect without investing so much simcash to get a chance for normal boxes in the past.

There was the option that you can buy a bundle of special boxes to a normal price.

Now the only stategy is the best gamble...

Well i am looking forward for those sweet gingerbreadhouses but the rest is a joke....

And the hat from wumple also is very sweet...but that is all ?

And it it senseless to give the option to buy energy in baking with gold.....gold is the most ecpensive ressource in game in the shop...lol...compare the prices..and you can not earn with even 4 sims running like a forest gumb to get the amount of needed royal boxes.

Not with that prices....

And when i hear..oh well you can earn it easy and so on ...yes you can but there is nothing else than baking now with small breaks between ....

So you can not in this rythm earn gold free in this amount which is needed.

You can not....

Even if you buy the packs it would be not enough...

This is the most expensive sims version in the sims games history now..

A bit funny but sad also... 😊

Congratulations Firemonkey Studios to this new record 😂😂😂😂😂.

I am thinking about how the whirpool events will work... lol....

Well to be honest i do not wait in exitement for them because i suppose it also will get changed maybe...

Do not misunderstand me i allways watch here and i do bake beside..i really try to still have fun... even that i did stop paying support and do not play as much like before.

But it is no fun anymore...you allways have now the feeling that you have to pay for every step your sim is doing .. in an event..there is nothing else.....

It was expensive enough before...

This is pathetic..sorry..i say thanks for all the good changes and fixes and i like the ideas which were brought in ..but how they were putten in is sadly pure profit for a company.

And i told that now so many times..not me alone...different ppl told it and it gets more worse from month to month...

There is no xmas clothing without paying..there are no more gifts for the players as a thanks for the support..

Why?

We allways got small gifts...

sorry sorry sorry...but i am so disappointed..

They are destroying the game!

And again i am a gamer not a hater!

A lot of greetings again and sorry ...

Message 36 of 95 (536 Views)

I feel the same way. I rlly hope that the holiday event aren't all replaced with baking. That's because i got heirlooms from those events and if they replace them with sweet events... I'm not sure. I mean i haven't tried to do stories or carrers that are missing heirlooms but, i hope it doesnt glitch the game or anything. Would hate to spend more than 40 dollars to get every heirloom back that i earned by doing hard work.

Message 37 of 95 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@jayivy666 wrote:

@Ilois4  schrieb:

Right! ☺ spirit is gone...i did not even create a new houselot untill now..because i do not want atm....

Hope it will get better soon. 😍

@jayivy666 

@Ilois4 

I am in total agreement with both of you. 
These Sweet Treats Shakedowns are very disappointing & imo Not a fun Holiday event at all.

FM have taken the fun & festive spirit out of TSM 

Im disappointed that ALL  the prizes aren’t Holiday Themed. Why are there regular household items like sofas, lamps, & carpets etc instead of holiday clothing, hairstyles, decorations, garlands & lights?  
While I do love the Christmas Tree, I know I’ll never make it to the end of this long torturous event.  

This is the same way I felt about not getting the Modeling Career, the outdoor fireplace, the last fireplace+ chimney etc.  

If you don’t play their way, you have no chance to get some of the more desirable items. 

Im more of a “ Set It & Forget It” type of player (unless I’m really invested & enjoying the game) not a 24/7 player.  I don’t want to be completely glued to the game.

I am so very disappointed in TSM  & this Event right now.  I just expected to feel excited about the anticipation for this Holiday Event, but it flatlined /\/\_/\__/\_____     early on for me.  
I’d take the Skating Rink over the Baking area a thousand times over 

~ Sad kat 

Message 38 of 95 (497 Views)

@katclawsx3 same. They're  not as fun as last year's Christmas themed event, even after the whole color swap issue.

Message 39 of 95 (469 Views)

@katclawsx3 yeah. I think they honestly changed the fail rate. Normally 96% would be a 100% for me.

Message 40 of 95 (466 Views)