Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

by GracieSeven

Original Post

11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Quest

[ Edited ]
Hero

Patty Cakes returns to Sim City the 11th of December, 10:00 a.m. PT. She brings us this time the Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown Event and the Sweet Holiday Quest.

Event duration is 15 days.

Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown Event

The prizes in the 54 Sweet Treat Boxes include a variety of Christmas decorations, two lamps and a rug. The prizes of the royal gift boxes are a two-seat sofa, a comfortable chair for the living room, a coffee table and a Christmas tree.

The grand prize of the Holiday Treat Showdown Event is a giant Christmas tree with beautiful ornaments. In addition, the Snuggle-up sectional sofa.

Both are party items. The Christmas tree gives 75 party points and the sofa 45 party points.

Sweet Holiday Quest

There are some more prizes. This time the Fan Fave Quest will be replaced by the Sweet Holiday Quest. It is a 15-step quest that will award 1500 additional Sweet treat tokens. The final reward after completing all 15 steps will be a gingerbread house similar to the one we saw in the last bake-off, gingerbread ruins decoration and 20 Royal Treat tokens.  

SweetHoliday-EN.jpg

Thanks to the EA Game Changers program and Firemonkeys for the information I have used to make this event guide.

There is also a new pack with a cute outfit for toddlers:

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 1 of 95 (2,660 Views)

Re: 11th of December 2019 - Holiday Sweet Treat Showdown event + Sweet Holiday Q

★★ Guide
@SalixCat Thank you! I’m kinda excited for this event. Wishing everyone good luck!
Message 2 of 95 (2,631 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SalixCat thank you. I am so happy to get the gingerbread house but more importantly the burnt gingerbread house. I think that one looks really cool.

Screenshot_20191203-202435_The Sims.jpg

Message 3 of 95 (2,616 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat I don't think the sofa would qualify as a party item. It only gives 45 points, you make more points talking to any party guest. I could go to any party with my married Sim, and go to any sofa and get 45 points for it. But I have to admit it's a very nice looking sofa. Happy Holidaze 😂🤣😂
Message 4 of 95 (2,608 Views)

Hero

Good luck to you too @GracieSeven 

Yes, @givememore86 sofas give only 45 points, can't see why have so low number of points. Good luck with the event. This time it's 15 days. 

Not sure yet of my strategy for this one.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 95 (2,591 Views)

Hero

Good looking stuff but as a person with 0 holiday stuff I was hoping more of that. But by the time I’m finishing this Showdown Christmas is already over 😄 So maybe another couch and rug are better 😄 

Holiday quest is a mixture of Wumples and Fan Fave. Hopefully, no holding the fridge door open for 4 hours 😄

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 95 (2,584 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat conspicuousnipples always has the daily goals on the sims mobile Reddit usually the day of or the next day. To me is the Holy Grail of this event. My strategy is going to be a little different, I am going to fail less hopefully by leaving the round earlier then I normally do. I'm not planning to go risky, but not so tame to not get to least level six in the early bake offs. I lost a lot of seven Rounders last STS because I went too risky. I learned my lesson. I will only buy extra bake offs if I am too far behind when the 9 and 10 Rounds come up. I am planning to use more simoleons and conserve my sugar cubes and distribute them equally for a better chance of winning the round.
Message 7 of 95 (2,586 Views)

★★ Guide
@givememore86 I don’t know if this is relevant but from my experience from the previous STS, I found that level 4 and level 6 have high risk of failing so I always ensure that level 4 is above 92% and level 5-7 is 96%+. And I always cash out at level 7/8. Managed to finish the event with three days to spare this way.
Message 8 of 95 (2,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@GracieSeventhank you that helps a lot. I was failing a lot at level 4 last STS. I failed so many times I was way off the daily goals. And bought more rounds in the early part of the STS, I will implement this on this one. 😍

Message 9 of 95 (2,563 Views)

★★ Guide
@givememore86 Good luck 🤗At least we have 15 days this time around.
Message 10 of 95 (2,551 Views)