why is my sims 4 glitching ??

by GGsimxs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why is my sims 4 glitching ??

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

it glitches like this. But before this happened, I downloaded some cc. I think it's because of that ??

Message 1 of 10 (24,750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why is my sims 4 glitching ??

Champion

@GGsimxs , it might be!  CC and Mods can become outdated anytime there is an update/patch to the game.  If any of your CC or Mods are outdated, you will need to find the outdated items and see if the creator has updated them to be compatible with the newest game update. 

In order to see if this problem is caused by your CC, please do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it can contain bits of corrupted data even after you remove your CC/Mods! Raised eyebrow This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. 

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

When you find the updated version of your CC items, you can put them back into your game. Standard smile

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (24,725 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@GGsimxs , it might be!  CC and Mods can become outdated anytime there is an update/patch to the game.  If any of your CC or Mods are outdated, you will need to find the outdated items and see if the creator has updated them to be compatible with the newest game update. 

In order to see if this problem is caused by your CC, please do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it can contain bits of corrupted data even after you remove your CC/Mods! Raised eyebrow This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. 

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

When you find the updated version of your CC items, you can put them back into your game. Standard smile

Please update us on your situation! Angel

Message 2 of 10 (24,726 Views)

★ Novice

it didn't work Frown i already did the steps but it keeps glitching like that. my game options has stars all over the buttons. i downloaded a mod conflict detector and deleted the cc that conflicts, but nothing happens.

Message 3 of 10 (24,642 Views)

Champion

@GGsimxs , did you try it for all your CC items as well? 

Ther is also a chance that that particular game file is corrupt.  Does the same thing happen in a brand new Save Game file?

Message 4 of 10 (24,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was having glitching issues in the sims and i originally took out the mods folder, then repaired the sims 4. When i went back on it was still glitching.

I tried again by deleting the “localthumbache package”, repairing the game, and it started working again. I have a lot of cc so it’s hard for me to add a little back at a time.

My main question is can i add all of my mods/cc back at once since when i repaired the game the first time/removed mods folder, it still glitched even without the mods? Or no since i didn’t remove the “localthumbache package”  the first time i repaired the game which could’ve potentially made my repair useless.

I hope this makes sense lol!

Message 5 of 10 (22,995 Views)

@typicalxeve  The localthumbcache.package does hold enough info to allow this kind of glitch to remain even after the problem cc was removed.  So I'd suspect your cc is the underlying cause but you needed to delete localthumbcache to flush some leftover data.

You can certainly test with all your cc added back if you want.  Just be prepared to have to remove it again.  From there, you can use the 50/50 method to sort through your cc; it's more efficient than adding back a bit at a time.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 10 (22,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is glitching i have tried removing the lumbacathe file it is still glitching i have removed my mods folder but it is still not working what should i do?

Message 7 of 10 (7,784 Views)

Hi @m1nw4iatgrln Can you start a fresh thread fo ryour issue? Please describe how your game is glitching, as that makes a difference. Also, to test without mods, remove the mods folder and then delete localthumbcache, then you can test (note that there are some mods that cause issues when you do this, so if you still hit issues, it helps to know what those are).

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 8 of 10 (7,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What happens if i dont use origin, only EA?

Message 9 of 10 (2,003 Views)

@50187353 This only affects where your options for Game Repair are located in the launcher software UI. But what in particular is the issue you're seeing? And do you have mods/CC?

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 10 of 10 (1,986 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help