sims wont cook

by ParrotLover

Original Post

sims wont cook

★★★ Newbie

Okay so I load up a new game and start playing as normal, and then my sim gets hungry so I have her cook a ham and cheese sandwich out of a refrigerator, and she walks over to it. But when she's in front of it, the icon in the cue disappears and she does that weird wave thing with the red circle x above her head in a thought in a thought bubble, and then she walks away. I tried resetting her and the fridge, going in and out of CAS, AND restarting my game, but nothing changes! There's plenty of empty counter space, so that's not the issue. I also have the cats and dogs pack, parenting one, and the kids stuff kit, if that means anything. PLEASE HELP ME!

Message 1 of 4 (572 Views)

Re: sims wont cook

Community Manager

Hi there @ParrotLover,

Do you currently use any mods or CC in your game? 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 4 (500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

only the one's I named.

Message 3 of 4 (431 Views)

@ParrotLover  Please try moving the fridge to a different location, preferably one in an empty room (with no ceiling lights anywhere nearby either).  If the sim can use the fridge, the problem is something in the kitchen, perhaps a light or cabinet or other decoration that you're not seeing.

The term CC is short for custom content, which refers to third-party content, not packs released by EA.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help