sims 4 deleting sims with mccc and moving out child with partner

by abbilangford

Original Post

sims 4 deleting sims with mccc and moving out child with partner

★★★ Newbie

when i use the mccc mod to expand my family out it gets rid of my other sims and forces it to go back to 8 sims. is there any way to change this so i can make big families? or will this constenly happen. and if i do move out my other sims it deletes the rest of the family. i have a family of 8 *2 parents and 5 kids plus eldest kid has a wife* and when i move out the kid with the wife it deletes the rest of the family and when i go to recover saves it comes up as the original before i move them out. is there any way i can keep my family while also moving the kid out or at least using the mod to expand the household without deleting my other sims when i log back in

Message 1 of 7 (4,027 Views)

Re: sims 4 deleting sims with mccc and moving out child with partner

★★★ Newbie
@abbilangford ive even tried going through base game settings to expand the household. got rid of other families in the world/s ive tried everything and nothings working. i just want a big family on one lot
Message 2 of 7 (4,016 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@abbilangford 

Please ask how the mod works on the authors discord. We can not support individual mods here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 7 (3,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Hi @abbilangford 

I haven't done this specifically because of the issues you mention, but...

Yes, with MCCC and other mods, you can have a household larger than 8 Sims, but CAS is limited to 8 Sims and just removes your extra Sims, like straight-up deletes them. What you need to do is use MC CAS to edit your Sims when they age up, or you want to change their outfits.

Also, split and move household is glitched out with more than 8 Sims. What you probably want to do is shift-click to remove from household, and then go into manage households and put them where you want them (in a household together with the other person you shift-clicked to remove from household, for instance). I would be nervous doing this with a child, even though I think people have done this on YouTube LOL, so I would save first if one of the people you were doing this with was younger than teen.

In fact, saving first is always a good practice when you're doing something unsupported. Save early and often! Good luck!

Message 4 of 7 (3,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xochiquetzl_xkvn ive tried that all but sadly the sims hides the people i want out the house but ive given up and just made a new one and have less kids
Message 5 of 7 (3,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xochiquetzl_xkvn i cant find the remove home household bit.
Message 6 of 7 (3,913 Views)

★★★★ Expert

You need to turn on testing cheats and then click the Sim in question. "Remove from Household" should be an option. That removes them from your household and puts them in a "not currently in world" single person household, which you can then move to a new lot later.

Editing their outfits, click the Sim and go to MCCC -> Sim Commands -> Modify in CAS, which gives you just that one Sim.

Message 7 of 7 (3,871 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help