sim cannot interact with other sims, introductions missing.

by R2o2c33k2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sim cannot interact with other sims, introductions missing.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

In my game, there is this one specific sim that cannot interact with any other sims, and others sims also cannot interact with them. I've tried stuff like resetting the sim but it doesn't work. I don't think that it is a problem with my game because the other sim in that same household can introduce themselves to other sims with no issue. I've tried the 50/50 method to no avail, as my game responded normally in all 3 conditions (no cc and the 2 halves of my mods folder) It seems to only be happening to this one sim, even in other saves that I have created this issue has not occurred. If anybody has any suggestions on what I should do I would appreciate it. I've deleted localthumbcache and any unnecessary files from my documents as well.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sim cannot interact with other sims, introductions missing.

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (822 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@R2o2c33k2 To be sure I understand correctly: It still doesn't work for that one Sim even if you remove all all mods/cc or does it work for them then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (879 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict yeah, I removed all the mods and cc and the sim was still having problems interacting with new npc's.
Message 3 of 6 (837 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (823 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much, that worked!
Message 5 of 6 (767 Views)

Hero
@R2o2c33k2 Glad to hear :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (758 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help